Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Offline
    Zombie Hoarder nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    759
    Threads
    21
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Points
    2,589
    Level
    16

    Ratings: Lowest Rated Midseason Finale Ever

    5.1 (2.0)

    Not a shocker that it didn’t draw big numbers given the season’s low ratings. At least it was up from last week.

    https://deadline.com/2018/11/walking...mc-1202509335/

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Offline
    You're still a dumbass. Delta's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,921
    Threads
    36
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Points
    597
    Level
    36
    I didn’t even watch it yet..

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child Rickyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    117
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Points
    228
    Level
    5
    It can't be any worse than these other shows who have their loyal fanbase and go on and on without much press or outward exciting viewership, much like SuperNatural for example. That show is many seasons ahead and though most of the world doesn't care for it, it's loyal audience hangs strong on it and doesn't want an ending sighted. Perhaps our show is at this same level by now. Both shows do the huge fan service comic con meet and greet conventions as well and they aren't losing any fans in their fandom, in that sense. It's almost a sort of good thing. Those who care are obsessive. So maybe the show could have a life up to at least a season thirteen.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Offline
    Love Interest JonSnow17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    638
    Threads
    7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Points
    1,485
    Level
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyl View Post
    It can't be any worse than these other shows who have their loyal fanbase and go on and on without much press or outward exciting viewership, much like SuperNatural for example. That show is many seasons ahead and though most of the world doesn't care for it, it's loyal audience hangs strong on it and doesn't want an ending sighted. Perhaps our show is at this same level by now. Both shows do the huge fan service comic con meet and greet conventions as well and they aren't losing any fans in their fandom, in that sense. It's almost a sort of good thing. Those who care are obsessive. So maybe the show could have a life up to at least a season thirteen.
    That show can work the way it does,even though it hasn't been good since season 5, because the way it's constructed, it doesn't really have any real ongoing narrative, it's just the same regurgitated plot every season, ether Sam or Dean get possessed or something in a season finale and then nothing really happens next season but a bunch of filler episodes and then something happens but not really. I wouldn't take that show as a great example for inspiration, you need to have an ending to a show unless you want to turn into one of those NCIS or other procedural garbage that lasts forever even though nobody really watches it .

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child Rickyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    117
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Points
    228
    Level
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    That show can work the way it does,even though it hasn't been good since season 5, because the way it's constructed, it doesn't really have any real ongoing narrative, it's just the same regurgitated plot every season, ether Sam or Dean get possessed or something in a season finale and then nothing really happens next season but a bunch of filler episodes and then something happens but not really. I wouldn't take that show as a great example for inspiration, you need to have an ending to a show unless you want to turn into one of those NCIS or other procedural garbage that lasts forever even though nobody really watches it .
    All of that is true, but if TWD doesn't go in a way like this show, I am not seeing how it can go on much longer, like the makers and writers are claiming it to be. I agree that it needs an ending and I want one to it all too. I don't think it should go on past a season ten, myself.
    I also think that the fandom of this show that is going to conventions and buying up all of the merchandise will stick around no matter what at this point, much like Supernatural's fandom. I imagine that Supernatural must have an ending planned too at some point.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Offline
    Deadweight Arlius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    52
    Level
    2
    Well, most people are under the impression that the show has been ruined by feminazis. White males on the show are either gay, cowards or evil. They replaced Carl with a girl.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Offline
    Governor KerryGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,079
    Threads
    14
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Points
    9,295
    Level
    40
    There really is only one way for ratings to go at this point. People have dropped out over the seasons and we'll likely see more now that Rick is gone. How many people are going to start watching a show in season 9? The reviews over the last couple of seasons haven't been enticing, but even better reviews now won't draw new viewers in. If I wasn't already watching I'd probably wait until I could watch the series straight through on Netflix. Not having an endgame is compounding the ratings damage, IMO.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Offline
    Governor NotAScientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    In The Cold
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,895
    Threads
    79
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Points
    10,943
    Level
    37
    After 4 or 5 seasons, ratings go down for a lot of shows. This is season 9 and a lot of our original characters are gone including the main character so I'm not surprised that viewership is continuing to dip.

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber Misza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,352
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Points
    570
    Level
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlius View Post
    Well, most people are under the impression that the show has been ruined by feminazis. White males on the show are either gay, cowards or evil. They replaced Carl with a girl.
    What in the world are you talking about? Carl has been replaced with another male teenager, if anything.
    Also the only reason that the show is more female focused now is simply because out of the 3 remaining main characters two of them are women, but it didn't happen because they chose to do that. Lincoln wanted out. Also it's season 9, I think we'll all survive if women take the lead this one time after 9 years of male leadership

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber Misza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,352
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Points
    570
    Level
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    After 4 or 5 seasons, ratings go down for a lot of shows. This is season 9 and a lot of our original characters are gone including the main character so I'm not surprised that viewership is continuing to dip.
    This. And also the formula simply got boring. How many years can people watch zombies, deaths and wars with villains that eventually the gang always wins with the same excitement? Even if they served their best season now huge ratings won't come back. And it's not like they can do something much different than zombies and villains that got repetitive and boring.

Related Topics

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 17th, 2018, 03:54 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 11th, 2018, 04:47 PM
  3. Lowest Midseason Finale Ratings Since Season 2
    By AnteroX in forum How It's Gotta Be
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 18th, 2017, 03:58 AM
  4. Article: Sunday Cable Ratings: ‘The Walking Dead’ Finale Lowest Since Season 2
    By TAWX14 in forum The First Day of the Rest of Your Life
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 7th, 2017, 02:08 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: December 14th, 2016, 08:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.