Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level

What I Like About The Whisperers

Everything people thought they knew has just been thrown out the window.

I hate that Jesus got fukt over by the writers but his exit was actually pretty good and it made a lot of sense. If Jesus ever had to die it was like the perfect way for him to die. Jesus never could have expected a walker to do that so his fighting skills were basically useless in that moment if he doesn't know what he's dealing with. The survivors have spent like a decade fighting walkers a certain way and with the introduction of The Whisperers its changed everything. The best way to fight a walker is close up with blade or a heavy object because its quiet and doesn't need ammo and its not hard because they are fucking dumb and can be outsmarted. But Whisperers are human and the best way to deal with a human is by using something that uses ammo because humans are smarter so you never want to get up close if you don't have to. The problem here is you never know exactly what you are dealing with because they act the same. It actually makes everything way more dangerous. Even more dangerous than the walkers actually evolving. You never know if you are fighting a walker or a human and if you just use ammo on every walker you'll run out of supplies for when you do have to fight The Whisperers. Even worse is you never know if that is just a walker off in the distance or a Whisperer that is following/spying on you and if your plan is to just start killing every walker you see one day to be sure that isn't the case you'll go up to a wandering walker and there could be 10 Whisperers hiding in the bushes waiting to jump out at you and the most terrifying thing is they control the herds.

I don't want to speak so soon because they could easily fuck this up but right now for the little I've seen of them on the show the show seems like it might be a better way to tell this type of story. This could be one of the few things that may end up being better in the show than the comic.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1222 Post(s)
    Level
    The only way to tell them apart appears to be the seam up the back of the head, so "people" would have to get behind them to determine which are walkers.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Unless hair is covering it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1222 Post(s)
    Level
    True, but in the scaps I took from the promo and posted in another thread, each Whisperer shown from behind with the bald headed person had a seam up the back. It makes sense they would cut the hair along the seam line to facilitate the donning and removal of the masks.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    Not only are they fearsome, they are depressing as hell too. What do they do with all those walkers if they have no one to fight? They would still have to be controlled, and that means just shuffling around aimlessly, leading the herd around in circles. Do they keep them in some kind of pen if they don't need the herd? What a life. I wonder if over time it would get harder for them to take off those walker skins and be human. Easier to be a walker.

Evolution was a good title for that episode. These Whisperers represent de-evolution. Interesting that Luke had that talk about neanderthals; that's what the whisperers are deliberately becoming.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder how one actually joins The Whisperers though since they kill anyone that goes in their territory. Unless they only pick up strays. Rosita & Eugene were together and then Aaron, Daryl & Jesus were together.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    Also, do all the whisperers wear walker skins, or do they have only some do that and some who look after whatever camp they have?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    That's another thing. Are they just wearing masks or some skin too because you would think the walkers would pick up that scent eventually.

Beta has always confused me because he wears almost nothing because he's so big. I'm sure he doesn't actually care if outsiders can tell him apart from walkers because he can take care of himself but wouldn't walkers notice that he's only wearing half a walker mask and that's it?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Level
    They are also not distractable, so if you can't turn their attention then they are likely Whisperers. It kind of annoyed me that they were able to make the heard move so fast. (We know they weren't in the heard Rick escaped from-he had ages to pull himself off of the rebar lol)
    Why do they even bother to shamble along with the heard when they could just make their own walker group and blend in as needed? Also, how many singles or small groups are still out there searching? Wandering survivors can't be all that common at this point, 8 or so years later. Everything just gets harder to be believed.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    That's another thing. Are they just wearing masks or some skin too because you would think the walkers would pick up that scent eventually.

Beta has always confused me because he wears almost nothing because he's so big. I'm sure he doesn't actually care if outsiders can tell him apart from walkers because he can take care of himself but wouldn't walkers notice that he's only wearing half a walker mask and that's it?
    I guess he never saw Silence of the Lambs. He could copy Buffalo Bill, and sew himself a skin suit that fits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast