1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level

Andrew Lincoln Returning in Season 10 As Director (Possible Spoilers)

https://www.storifynews.com/the-walk...0-as-director/

The actor who has played Rick Grimes since the AMC shows first episode in 2010 is set to part ways with his role, at least on television, in the upcoming ninth season. However, he will be returning to the set before Season Nine concludes production and before having a heavy behind-the-camera presence in Season Ten. Im going back, Lincoln told EW. Im going back to shadow a director, and my intention is to direct next year.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder how much he'll be missing being on the other side of the camera

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    This was first announced right after he left the show. I think it’s a little funny that he wanted to leave the show to spend more time with his family and the first thing he does is agree to do the movies and direct some on the show. Why didn’t he just stay on in a more limited capacity?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    This was first announced right after he left the show. I think it’s a little funny that he wanted to leave the show to spend more time with his family and the first thing he does is agree to do the movies and direct some on the show. Why didn’t he just stay on in a more limited capacity?
    I’ve read at least two of the movies will be filmed in England. Don’t know how true that is.

As for directing, he’d only have to be in Atlanta for the week that the episode he films is being shot.

also Movie filming doesn’t take most of the year... maybe a month or two max

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    I think its more than a week-long commitment for the director; they have some pre and post production stuff to do as well, but I'd guess its a 2-3 week commitment.

If the movies are being filmed in England, what part of the US would be the setting? What could England pass for?

If they are filmed in England, maybe they are set in England. Maybe he won't even be playing Rick but a new role

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1222 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I think its more than a week-long commitment for the director; they have some pre and post production stuff to do as well, but I'd guess its a 2-3 week commitment.

If the movies are being filmed in England, what part of the US would be the setting? What could England pass for?

If they are filmed in England, maybe they are set in England. Maybe he won't even be playing Rick but a new role
    I doubt he's playing a new role. We don't know where he was taken after picked up by the helicopter, but it's not too farfetched that he could have been taken overseas by a nuclear powered ship or even an old sailing vessel.

A few weeks for a directing gig isn't the same as months on end filming a role. I doubt his career goals entail never leaving his family behind for brief periods.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't really think he's playing a new role either but with AMC you never know.

If there is filming in England, maybe its just in studio with externals being shot in the USA.

And if it is in England, maybe Rick is one of those people who pick up accents very fast and we'll hear him talking in an English accent....lol

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    why is the walking dead a director learning academy , should they not have a core of top class directors to call upon instead of first timers
    really like andy lincoln and miss rick but this is more amc bullshit
    would hbo and the game of thrones show runners let sean bean have his first shot at directing on their show