Level

Issue 186 Spoiler Link RIP

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    dude had it coming... but now it feels as if Michonne will end up being the one to end Rick.... which will bring the communities together to battle CW....Which hopefully Negan takes over using what he learned from Rick lol.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Holy shit. Hate to see Dwight go. One of the best characters still remaining but I'm not really sure what else they could have done with him. So I kinda get it. At least he had a great moment to go out on. He went out standing up to her which is something he was unable to do with Negan for the longest time.

It'll be interesting to see how this could turn out on the show. A main character murdering another main character as some sort of sacrifice.

Dwight wasn't even really a bad guy at this point. He just made a dumb emotional decision. Kinda crazy how after everything they've been through Rick was able to do that. Dwight was one of the key players in Negan losing the war and saving everyone. So Rick owed the guy a lot. At least enough to not kill him. Now not only has Rick killed Sherry but also Dwight and both of them went out in a similar way. Both made a dumb emotional decision that Rick quickly reacted to. It's just weird for Dwight to go because Dwight wasn't even threatening Rick or any of his friend's lives. He thought he was doing the morally right thing.

I hope his death is a huge turning point and leads to something big though. Sorta like how in the show we look back at both Sophia & Shane's deaths as being important ones for Rick that changed him. Killing Dwight after everything they've been through is a huge deal for Rick to be able to make that decision. I just hope this death isn't for nothing. It's either to transform Rick in to some sort of villain OR the more likely one which is Rick at least makes Dwight's sacrifice worth it and knows in that very moment that he will. He may not have a plan but he knows what has to happen and Dwight's death is the only way after what just happened for it to happen. Basically, Rick knew Dwight was going to get himself killed so Rick decided he would be the one to do it because they may have done worse to him and it at least fools them in to thinking he's loyal to them now and in the end Rick will finish what Dwight started because like I said, Dwight was going to get himself killed. Dwight wasn't going to finish what he started. Rick can now finish it for Dwight and if it does play out like that then I am totally fine with it. It was going to happen no matter what.

I do wonder who will take these roles in the show. No Rick and no Dwight at the moment and I'm trying to imagine what character I could see being sacrificed that is big enough to mean something but also not so big that they wouldn't piss the fans off if it happened and is a character that would also fly off the handle like that and I don't really know who that could be. Magna could be that character but it would feel way too early to kill her off in the show assuming this is S11 stuff. The best I can think of is maybe Rosita if she survives the Whisperer stuff. It wouldn't be the first time Rosita made a dumb emotional decision. I can't see it being Eugene or Tara because I just don't see them having that type of response in them. Daryl would be perfect for that moment but there is just no way the show would do it. That would be the final nail in the show if it was Daryl that died. Carol, Michonne, Maggie and Negan are also too big for that type of death or at least I could see AMC seeing it that way. Other than Rosita the only character I can really think of is maybe Aaron unless they bring Dwight and/or Sherry back on the show before then and they just happened to already be at The Commonwealth.

One thing I do know though is things just got really interesting in the comic and hopefully this is the moment where shit actually starts moving. We are only 12 issues away from issue 198. So that seems probably when this storyline will end and my guess is if this volume was the "March To War" of this arc that means the next 2 volumes are "All Out War 1 and 2" I think Rick defeats her in 198, dies at the end of 199 from injuries or something and 200 is his funeral/passing the torch to Coral.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Fuck that one armed prick. He needed to die about 30 issues ago.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Holy shit. Hate to see Dwight go. One of the best characters still remaining but I'm not really sure what else they could have done with him. So I kinda get it. At least he had a great moment to go out on. He went out standing up to her which is something he was unable to do with Negan for the longest time.

It'll be interesting to see how this could turn out on the show. A main character murdering another main character as some sort of sacrifice.

Dwight wasn't even really a bad guy at this point. He just made a dumb emotional decision. Kinda crazy how after everything they've been through Rick was able to do that. Dwight was one of the key players in Negan losing the war and saving everyone. So Rick owed the guy a lot. At least enough to not kill him. Now not only has Rick killed Sherry but also Dwight and both of them went out in a similar way. Both made a dumb emotional decision that Rick quickly reacted to. It's just weird for Dwight to go because Dwight wasn't even threatening Rick or any of his friend's lives. He thought he was doing the morally right thing.

I hope his death is a huge turning point and leads to something big though. Sorta like how in the show we look back at both Sophia & Shane's deaths as being important ones for Rick that changed him. Killing Dwight after everything they've been through is a huge deal for Rick to be able to make that decision. I just hope this death isn't for nothing. It's either to transform Rick in to some sort of villain OR the more likely one which is Rick at least makes Dwight's sacrifice worth it and knows in that very moment that he will. He may not have a plan but he knows what has to happen and Dwight's death is the only way after what just happened for it to happen. Basically, Rick knew Dwight was going to get himself killed so Rick decided he would be the one to do it because they may have done worse to him and it at least fools them in to thinking he's loyal to them now and in the end Rick will finish what Dwight started because like I said, Dwight was going to get himself killed. Dwight wasn't going to finish what he started. Rick can now finish it for Dwight and if it does play out like that then I am totally fine with it. It was going to happen no matter what.

I do wonder who will take these roles in the show. No Rick and no Dwight at the moment and I'm trying to imagine what character I could see being sacrificed that is big enough to mean something but also not so big that they wouldn't piss the fans off if it happened and is a character that would also fly off the handle like that and I don't really know who that could be. Magna could be that character but it would feel way too early to kill her off in the show assuming this is S11 stuff. The best I can think of is maybe Rosita if she survives the Whisperer stuff. It wouldn't be the first time Rosita made a dumb emotional decision. I can't see it being Eugene or Tara because I just don't see them having that type of response in them. Daryl would be perfect for that moment but there is just no way the show would do it. That would be the final nail in the show if it was Daryl that died. Carol, Michonne, Maggie and Negan are also too big for that type of death or at least I could see AMC seeing it that way. Other than Rosita the only character I can really think of is maybe Aaron unless they bring Dwight and/or Sherry back on the show before then and they just happened to already be at The Commonwealth.

One thing I do know though is things just got really interesting in the comic and hopefully this is the moment where shit actually starts moving. We are only 12 issues away from issue 198. So that seems probably when this storyline will end and my guess is if this volume was the "March To War" of this arc that means the next 2 volumes are "All Out War 1 and 2" I think Rick defeats her in 198, dies at the end of 199 from injuries or something and 200 is his funeral/passing the torch to Coral.
    With how bland most of the source material is, this could be MSF of 10 or SF of 10. Most of the material is horrible IMO

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Level
    Just once I'd like to see how our group would react to a new community that was perfectly run.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Just once I'd like to see how our group would react to a new community that was perfectly run.
    Probably will if the show is around like enough to adapt The Commonwealth

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    I think realistically, this should have been easy for Rick. Yeah, they went through a lot of shit together, but just a few issues ago, Dwight was trying to throw his weight around, making ultimatums, and vying to possibly unseat Rick. After all the shit Rick has been through, especially just losing Andrea, capping some mouthy runt should have been effortless.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    At least something finally fucking happened in this piece of shit and wow the Comonwealth is just a ripoff of Alexandria and all the other communities that have been before, they look perfect on the outside but on the inside they aren't, seriously can Kirkman even do anything original these days ? Even Michonne is basically Andrea in Woodbury, although more from the tv series than the comics .

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    That would mean Kirkman actually bothering to write something new instead of recycling the same shit over and over . We already know the followup, there will be a war, there will be deaths on both sides, mostly the Commonwealth of course and at the end of the day Rick and the others will win and rule the place, rinse and repeat .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast