Thread: Bird Box

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Level
    Thank you for this thread which inspired me to read the book instead of watch the movie. For some reason I wanted to know the story but not watch it.

I sensed from one of the comments here that Gary was omitted from the film. That's surprising since the dynamic of believers/nonbelievers would be and was important to such a story.

I'm glad to be getting back here and reading, although I'm not commenting much yet. I suffered two heart attacks on Christmas Eve and underwent triple bypass surgery on 12/27. I was just discharged from hospital and am in a skilled nursing facility for another couple of weeks.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Thank you for this thread which inspired me to read the book instead of watch the movie. For some reason I wanted to know the story but not watch it.

I sensed from one of the comments here that Gary was omitted from the film. That's surprising since the dynamic of believers/nonbelievers would be and was important to such a story.

I'm glad to be getting back here and reading, although I'm not commenting much yet. I suffered two heart attacks on Christmas Eve and underwent triple bypass surgery on 12/27. I was just discharged from hospital and am in a skilled nursing facility for another couple of weeks.
    Oh wow, I hope your feeling better I'm so glad to hear your getting treated. I missed pickin a fight with you bout the cowboys. Lol

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Oh wow, I hope your feeling better I'm so glad to hear your getting treated. I missed pickin a fight with you bout the cowboys. Lol
    Thanx. I don't have the energy for a fight right now, although I was pleased to have found a thread in which you were dissatisfied in order to post some praise for something! You know I love you, right?

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanx. I don't have the energy for a fight right now, although I was pleased to have found a thread in which you were dissatisfied in order to post some praise for something! You know I love you, right?
    Without cool folks like you on here I'd have dropped out long ago

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level

Oh my! What a scare! I haven't been commenting much myself, but I have been checking in and noticed you haven't been around. I'm glad you're on the mend and hoping you have a smooth recovery.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Ultimately I didn't like the movie, but I kind of want to give the book a shot. I feel it was very over-hyped with people from work. I suppose they know I'm a horror movie fan, and maybe wanna relate to it a bit, so I'll give them that.

That shit is actually scary.
    I'm glad you are better enough to be discharged, and I hope it all keeps getting better for you.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spookygato View Post
    Ultimately I didn't like the movie, but I kind of want to give the book a shot. I feel it was very over-hyped with people from work. I suppose they know I'm a horror movie fan, and maybe wanna relate to it a bit, so I'll give them that.
    I enjoyed the book. It's not something I would normally pick up, but with all the movie hype and me with no interest but wanting to follow the conversation, reading the book was perfect. I've read a few articles about the movie, including one which explained some differences between the book and the movie, and I believe the book was the right choice for me.

That shit is actually scary.
    I'm glad you are better enough to be discharged, and I hope it all keeps getting better for you.
    Thank you. It's scarier looking back on it than it seemed at the time. It was all so surreal Christmas Eve and the following couple of weeks.

I just got home and I am sooooo happy right now. There's no place like home!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    Glad you're back home :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12