Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Guys, it says Mich convinces him to lead not that she decrees it. He's already been Ricks' right hand, and a leader at sanctuary, makes sense he would be defacto leader at Hilltop. I'm unsure why people are upset about spoiler ninjas, it's fairly obvious this is promotion straight from AMC, at least that's the impression I was under I'll take any morsel I can get regardless. If we started getting full transcripts again then I'd think it was legit spoilers and not a calculated leak.

If Rosita is knocked up, I'd wager she's piked. Bye, bye Apocalypse Barbie. I hope this sounds a bit more exciting than it reads.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia ♥ View Post
    Hilltop did fine without Michonne's help so I am sure they could find a leader on their own.
    Well obviously but time is of the essence and Alpha is about to be knocking at their door to get her kid back so someone has to step up. And from the sound of it all Michonne does is convince Daryl that, for now, he would be Hilltop's best bet for a leader while they deal with this new threat. She's not appointing him to become the new leader, shes not twisting his arm or forcing him to do anything he doesn't want to do. Its merely a suggestion. And besides, Hilltop seems to really like Daryl based on how he was received there vs. Michonne. He was basically Maggie's wingman in 9A and it looks like he has spent some time there during that 6 year time jump. Add on the fact that he has already dealt with the Whisperers in some capacity I doubt anyone there would object him taking the reigns for the time being.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    But then why make her the leader in the first place, couldn't they have made Jesus the leader and now that he is dead Daryl would pick up the mantle ? Much easier and makes much more sense but then this wouldn't be TWD without some convoluted bullshit, this only makes Tara even more of a joke than she already is .
    They never made Tara the leader at Hilltop. Jesus was elected the leader and Tara was helping him. Now that Jesus is dead, they have to elect a new leader.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Level
    Does Daryl know how to lead?

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Updated the OP

Clarification on Tara leading Hilltop from the spoiler ninjas -

I need to clarify something because I think the way one of the answers is worded is giving off the wrong impression.

Regarding the leadership situation... The Hilltoppers are looking to Tara to lead, which she accepts. There’s not an election or anything. It’s basically Tammy saying, “Hey, Jesus trusted you and so do we. So you’re the boss bitch now.” while the Hilltoppers nod in agreement. Ok, that was paraphrased and not actual dialogue. Sorry to disappoint.

Michonne is supportive of Tara as a leader. In her conversation with Daryl, she is affirming that he is a great judge of character. She explains that the people of Hilltop could really use his help right now. She’s suggesting that he helps Tara. Now whether this will evolve into a leadership/coleadership situation remains to be seen.

Daryl is by no means the boss bitch of Hilltop in this episode...

So Jesus was the leader and, now that he's dead, they are making Tara the leader and Daryl will be helping her.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Updated the OP

Clarification on Tara leading Hilltop from the spoiler ninjas -

I need to clarify something because I think the way one of the answers is worded is giving off the wrong impression.

Regarding the leadership situation... The Hilltoppers are looking to Tara to lead, which she accepts. There’s not an election or anything. It’s basically Tammy saying, “Hey, Jesus trusted you and so do we. So you’re the boss bitch now.” while the Hilltoppers nod in agreement. Ok, that was paraphrased and not actual dialogue. Sorry to disappoint.

Michonne is supportive of Tara as a leader. In her conversation with Daryl, she is affirming that he is a great judge of character. She explains that the people of Hilltop could really use his help right now. She’s suggesting that he helps Tara. Now whether this will evolve into a leadership/coleadership situation remains to be seen.

Daryl is by no means the boss bitch of Hilltop in this episode...

So Jesus was the leader and, now that he's dead, they are making Tara the leader and Daryl will be helping her.
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess all the people who were claiming Michonne was making decisions for Hilltop will have to find something else to bitch about now, lol.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Updating the OP again

Clarification on Daryl interrogating Lydia from the spoiler ninjas -

The Daryl leaving Henry to talk with Lydia is another one that might be interpreted differently once people watch the episode.

I don’t think we can definitively say that Daryl’s only intention for leaving Henry and Lydia alone was so that he could get her to open up and talk. It could also end up becoming an afterthought as Daryl ends up listening to them.

During the second interrogation, Daryl is threatening Lydia and starts dragging her out of her cell. Henry sticks up for her and yells at Daryl to stop. Meanwhile, Lydia is a crying wreck and it’s all pretty intense. When Henry keeps yelling, Daryl eventually stops dragging her around and locks her back in the cell. He’s also not happy with Henry for interfering. I think it’s possible that his anger and frustration with the situation causes Daryl to stop what he’s doing and leave. Wanting Henry to get more intel out of Lydia might not immediately be what’s on his mind.

Again, this is all up for interpretation. That’s why I always say wait until the episodes air. We aren’t always getting the full picture and sources can have different interpretations. It’s difficult to draw conclusions without seeing the full series of events with your own eyeballs.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioGoddess View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess all the people who were claiming Michonne was making decisions for Hilltop will have to find something else to bitch about now, lol.

There is plenty of logical and realistic things to criticize Michonne for. Not everyone is going to be some blind fangirl.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    There is plenty of logical and realistic things to criticize Michonne for. Not everyone is going to be some blind fangirl.
    I suppose so but acting like she was trying to appoint Daryl as the new leader of Hilltop was not one of them. Nothing blind about me, its just called common sense. Maybe you should just stop being a mindless hater, huh? Just a suggestion though <3

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Don't you be hatin on Michonne now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast