Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Level

THR: Is 'The Walking Dead' Mulling a Lauren Cohan-Led Spinoff?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...pinoff-1183040

Could AMC develop a Walking Dead spinoff around Lauren Cohan's Maggie? To hear the actress tell it, that remains a possibility.

"There may have been some conversations but everything is so early days ambiguous. Me, as much as anybody, we'll have to see what happens," Cohan told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour, where she appeared to support her ABC midseason dramedy Whiskey Cavalier.

Cohan famously parted ways with the AMC zombie drama following a months-long contract negotiation. The new pact saw Cohan to return to Walking Dead in a limited capacity for season nine. Her last episode aired Nov. 4 when the series spun-off leading man Andrew Lincoln (Rick) into a series of three TV movies.

"I don't even think that it was bad," Cohan says of her contract talks with AMC that led to her decision to leave the series where she had been one of its female leads since season two. "It was like, I've done the show for a long time. It was a long time to be in any character and sometimes you just get quiet and listen to your inner-guidance and it's time to multitask."

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Level
    So she’s definitely NOT coming back to the show?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    This would be amazing!!!!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd much rather her return to the main show and just be more heavily featured.

I mean, a spinoff would guarantee her more screen time but all of her history is on TWD. 8 seasons of character development and the death of her entire family. All of the important Maggie stuff happened on TWD so she should be there. It's not like Dwight where he was around for a minute or Morgan where we missed a lot of his story. She's been part of the show since pretty much the start. Episode 8 I believe. She has traveled with this group since pretty much day 1 or only a few months after day 1. She knew a lot of the important characters from that past from Shane to Dale to Lori to T-Dog to Andrea to The Governor and so on. She knew basically everyone that wasn't Jim, Amy, Jacqui, Jenner and Sophia (well, I guess she kinda met Sophia). She's like the group's historian because Carol, Daryl and Michonne are not the type of characters to talk about the past.

And I'm pretty sure if she returns to the show they'll finally actually do something with her because lets face it. The cast has gotten pretty thin. Especially when looking at the important characters and Kang I think likes Maggie a lot more than Gimple did and selfishly I just want Maggie back because I don't really have a safe character on the show that I like anymore. Eugene, Tara and Rosita are not safe at all and could be killed off at any episode. Maggie was mostly safe though. And even though Rick & Coral weren't my favorite characters I was still heavily invested in their story because I assumed they'd be there till the end but they aren't there anymore. Maggie still has a chance to be there and would make me enjoy the show a whole lot more.

And let's face it, TWD doesn't exactly have a lot of life left in it. The first things that go will be the spinoffs. Fear made a whole lot of sense at the time it was created because TWD was still at it's peak but a Maggie series would last, what, 2 seasons before everything starts going to shit? and on top of that I just don't want to watch a third Walking Dead series especially seeing how poorly Fear has been handled. Do you really want to see Walking Dead every single sunday of the year split between 3 different shows? That's too much and you know for a fact that Gimple would be in charge of it before he hands it off to his little minions.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I wouldn't want a Maggie spin off, but I would really like for her to come back to the show. Where her character could go was just getting really interesting and she had become a strong character thru her whole story that we saw her struggle through.