1. Back To Top    #71
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post
    Please stay on topic. Thank you.
    My bad. I've been drinking 2 days in a row. Probably saying crazy shit on here.

2. Back To Top    #72
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This was a given as soon as Black Panther dropped in theatres. You don't star in a billion-dollar film (let alone two in the course of a single year) without your pay grade going way up and your time becoming a hell of a lot more valuable. This was in the cards last year - while Reedus seems to be content with everything AMC is throwing at him, I have no doubt that as soon as Gurira's star power started rising, she started looking for a way out. Feels like she's been phoning it in for the last season or so.

Can't wait for the adventures of "SuperTara" and Daryl Da God.

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart View Post
    I've never seen a show become so unrecognizable like TWD.
    Years ago, I thought that the show would end one day with a big fight against a horde in Washington (maybe in a scenario where they've either found or are trying to research a cure) with numerous characters taking part and dying in grisly ways, and the handful of survivors left included Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl all standing in a hero pose on top of a pile of corpses. Of course, such a thought is impossible now. I have no idea how this show is going to end, and I'm not sure that there's anything that can be done that would be possible now that so many major players are out of the picture (which is exactly what I feared years ago, as I asked the question on several boards and got shut down by people who were adamant that the show would run through at least 11-12 seasons, lol).

Any show that runs long enough will eventually run into this. Very few actors or actresses want to be typecast or play the same role for more than seven years unless it's something exceptionally meaty (the example I use is Larry Hagman as JR Ewing on Dallas) that gives sustained character growth and changes over long periods of time. It was only a matter of time before major cast members started jumping ship, not helped by Gimple expediting the process by killing off characters in silly ways.

3. Back To Top    #73
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    Good for her...I really hope this is a sign that the end of the series is near...

4. Back To Top    #74
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    She won’t be the last, the ratings are at an all time low and now is the best time to capitalise off the popularity of the show while you can instead of waiting 2-3 years from now when ratings have sunk even further, the show likely on its last leg or ending altogether and you become less valuable to the tv/movie producers.

Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride will probably stay to the end but I wouldn’t be surprised to see JDM (Negan), Ross Marquand (Aaron) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) ask to leave during season 10 or early 11 (if there is a season 11) as they probably have the best chance at a post TWD career.

5. Back To Top    #75
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylSucks101 View Post
    She won’t be the last, the ratings are at an all time low and now is the best time to capitalise off the popularity of the show while you can instead of waiting 2-3 years from now when ratings have sunk even further, the show likely on its last leg or ending altogether and you become less valuable to the tv/movie producers.

Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride will probably stay to the end but I wouldn’t be surprised to see JDM (Negan), Ross Marquand (Aaron) and Christian Serratos (Rosita) ask to leave during season 10 or early 11 (if there is a season 11) as they probably have the best chance at a post TWD career.
    If they had great chances, they'd already be doing stuff in the off season and during the gigantic breaks in their in-season filming schedules. They don't have to wait for the show to end or to be written out, but they also want a paycheck!!!!!!!!

6. Back To Top    #76
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    Letís be real for most of these people TWD will be the highlight of their careers. Thatís just the reality of the business. Most actors are lucky to have one role theyíll be remembered for. As for JDM, he was doing fine before TWD. Iím sure heíll be doing fine after. Neganís story should be wrapped up next season anyway.

7. Back To Top    #77
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder how they will write her out.
    Will she die?
    Will she leave to find Rick?
    Will she leave her kids behind?
    Will she take her kids with her?

Maybe this should get its own thread.

8. Back To Top    #78
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    Hope she dies. Tired of all the big characters leaving the show with no ending and unlike AL or LC I don't see her ever having a reason to return to the show. She has a pretty big movie career right now.

I mean the show lost Rick, Maggie (for now), Morgan, Dwight and Jadis. I think we've had enough big characters leave the show without being killed off.

9. Back To Top    #79
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Isn't she going to be in TWD movies? Maybe she'll go looking for Rick. If she does, I hope she doesn't leave the kids behind.

10. Back To Top    #80
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Not sure if it has been confirmed that she would be in the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    Isn't she going to be in TWD movies? Maybe she'll go looking for Rick. If she does, I hope she doesn't leave the kids behind.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678