Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it an 8.

+ I liked Negan's solo arc this episode. The Sanctuary scenes were a little repetitive, but outside of that the rest was good, especially the relationship between Negan/Judith.
    + Luke is so weird and it's hilarious
    + The Lydia/Daryl scenes. Lydia's actress, holy shit
    +/- This was a slow burn episode. On one hand, I've been accustomed to expecting more under the Gimple formula. On the other hand, I like that Angela isn't following that same script. Slow premieres. Crazy episodes in the middle of the season.
    - Why is Judith wandering outside the walls tho
    - I don't like how easily disposable The Whisperers are thus far. It reminds me of the intro to the Saviors when they were easy redshirts until the finale when suddenly they were a massive and formidable threat.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I usually hate scenes with Negan, but I didn't this time. I think the writers finally humanized him for me with this episode, and did it best by NOT giving him a bunch of dialogue.

I'm liking Daryl better than I have since the first two seasons. They're finally doing something with his character again. I like that he seems to have orchestrated that conversation between Henry and Lydia and expected it to happen since he is sitting and listening to them outside immediately after.

Henry has to be the most annoying character on the show now.

I feel like they've drawn out the scar mystery too long and need to at least give us that by now.

I'm not finding Alpha at all intimidating from these glimpses. Don't get it. Hopefully future episodes will change that perspective for me.

I still don't understand Michonne's reluctance to intertwine the communities more. Supposedly it's for safety, staying within the gates, but she lets Judith wander around unsupervised all the time apparently.

Overall a decent episode. This season is better than the last few.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Lydia’s actress is great so she is selling the fuck out of the whisperers for me.

Dialogue was good. Kinda dragged in parts but overall, a good episode definitely.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Everything Else Is Cream Cheese Diseman81's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    7/10 Overall it was a pretty good episode. I liked the dialogue between Negan and Judith. I also actually really liked Negan’s storyline. I did feel bad for Eugene though. Couldn’t stand Michonne though. Who’s she to have any say over who’s in charge of the Hilltop and I don’t like that after everything she’s ready to go back to separating the communities again.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    This was my rating too. Plus I agree with everything you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    7/10 Overall it was a pretty good episode. I liked the dialogue between Negan and Judith. I also actually really liked Negan’s storyline. I did feel bad for Eugene though. Couldn’t stand Michonne though. Who’s she to have any sayover who’s in charge of the Hilltop and I don’t like that after everything she’s ready to go back to separating the communities again.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Level
    8/10. I took away two points because I really found Negan's little journey to be boring as fuck. I wish those dogs would've eaten him alive Ramsay style.

Hope we get to see Rosita more in action soon instead of just this little love drama.

The young lady that plays Lydia is amazing. Sometimes the younger actors on this show can be kind of cringe but I think they did good with both her and Judith.

Alpha at the end was creepy as fuck with the way she was just standing there. My ass would've hit the sprints if I saw some shit like that.

Loved Tara thanking Michonne for being there and Aaron telling her she was right... I mean we been knew this but a verbal confirmation is always nice :)

Lastly, loved Michonne calling Rick her "true love" and all of her scenes with Daryl. That first scene where they were talking about Rick really hit me in the feels and them joking around was refreshing. Its nice to know that the two are still close even though she seems to have closed herself off from everyone else. I didnt get to watch TTD but I heard that Norman said that Daryl and Michonne are the only people who knows about the X situation so I wonder whats up with that and why they kept it a secret.

Overall, I think its a nice set up for the rest of the season. Kind of slow but not everything needs to be fast paced.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    Not bad.. I liked how they had negan puking back at the spot where he killed Glenn and abe.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level
    The episode itself was just fine. Not great but not bad either especially with the shit hand this season has been dealt.

I guess really the only thing that sticks out that bothers me is I would've liked to see the former savior walker that Negan killed actually be a character that we knew. It just didn't have any impact at all and it's such a missed opportunity to show us a recognizable character as a aged walker which is something we've never really seen. We've seen many aged walkers and we've seen several characters that became walkers but we always see them as fresh walkers. I'll give the episode a 6 but it would've been a 7 had the walker actually been someone we knew.

Also where the fuck is Oceanside? That still hasn't been explained.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 6 mainly because I love this show and the characters are all like family and I always want to keep up with them and know what is going on and coming up, otherwise it maybe would have been a lower score, mainly because I feel like there is so much secret talk between our characters that we should know more about by now, mainly The Scars. I did enjoy Negan and Judith a lot this episode and I felt bad for poor Eugene. I was also impressed with Daryl for once in a long time, his little eavesdropping trick, I was hoping and it was great to see him follow through.
    Fun night having our show back and I look forward to seeing it weekly again. I am looking forward to this fair, I must say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast