0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Level
    The highwaymen is proof that Gimple wasn't the only one bringing shit ideas to the table. They are just a artsy fartsy version of The Saviors. I totally could've seen Gimple doing this.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    4/10

-What is the deal with this fair? They are not going to make it without a trade fair? I just don't get it. How are the Whisperers thriving-because not a one looks malnourished-yet the Kingdom is going to die if they don't trade with the 2 communities they are basically friends with? Will Hilltop and Alexandria just allow them to disappear like some ZA Roanoke?
    -Done with Henry and Lydia.
    -The Highwaymen are a joke. Where did they come from and how are they controlling the roads outside the Kingdom, and yet no one knew about them? Are they all men? Maybe they would like to meet Oceanside and have a mixer, that'd be better than a renaissance faire or a movie. The clothes? this is total camp now.
    -So glad proper grammar is the way to decide if a group is worthy of dealing with!
    -Baby in a trunk? Maybe don't bring him along.
    -Daryl and Connie communication-she understood their entire plan but can't get simple sentences which then have to be written.
    -Beta surviving that fall. Also, good thing he chose to crash through the drywall where they forgot to place a stud, and he got lucky more than once! (Hi! Convenience Fairy!)
    -I can't stop thinking about The Creature From the Black Lagoon when I see Beta...

Spoiler Spoiler:

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked it. As Carol once said, (and I'm paraphrasing) "I need a little corny in my life." And to whomever asked why bring a baby to the fair? Pretty sure the characters in the show haven't read the comic so ... there's that. lol.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually kind of liked the highwaymen (apart from the fact they appeared out of nowhere). But in a way their actions made sense. The Kingdom showed it could fight back and maybe they realized getting into a war wouldn't be the best plan. And maybe they are the type of people that were waiting for a chance to join a community.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    - Daryl's group (except Henry, he's still shit) and the fight scenes are the highlights of this episode
    - Highway men. I kinda liked their intro when they were hiding with the mannequins but when they started making a deal...nevermind
    - Kingdom is still shit (offer to watch a movie. really?!)
    - Beta's fall with no broken bones, cracked skull is sooooo unrealistic

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Best episode in a very long time. The Whisperers totally bombed in the comics but they translated so well on the screen for some reason.
    -Seeing lots of people shipping Donnie
    -Cassady McClincy is just drop dead gorgeous
    -Get rid of the Kingdom ASAP please...

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I actually kind of liked the highwaymen (apart from the fact they appeared out of nowhere). But in a way their actions made sense. The Kingdom showed it could fight back and maybe they realized getting into a war wouldn't be the best plan. And maybe they are the type of people that were waiting for a chance to join a community.
    I'm actually very curious about the Highway Men. Carol commented on them not killing Jerry and Dianne even though they could have and that the letter was grammatically correct in the episode, but there was detail about that letter that wasn't mentioned or shown. In the BTS video, it was revealed that what the Highway Men asked for were things like seeds and books. I deducted a point for that being revealed in a BTS video because that actually is quite revealing about what kind of people they are. They're not like the saviors - killing innocent people to make a statement and just taking food and supplies because they were too lazy to grow their own or scavenge for themselves. These guys asked for seeds - indicating they want to grow their own and support themselves. Asking for books shows some intelligence and that they want some entertainment.

So I think Carol made a good assessment of them based on that letter and the fact that they didn't kill Jerry or Dianne when they had the chance. Offering them access to the Kingdom and the fair and the chance to see a movie in exchange for protecting the roads was a bargain they appreciated. And the shot of them riding in to help Tara's group deal with the walkers was cool. With the sanctuary falling and there only being a few surviving saviors living at ASZ, I'm thinking these guys might be a remix of the militia from the comic. Very curious to see how that plays out.

I enjoyed the episode. Daryl and Connie worked well together and I like that he was making an effort to communicate - not just with notes, but also using hand signals. Magna's group leaving a stash of emergency supplies in that building was smart and came in handy. The fight between Daryl and Beta was really well done. I was a bit worried about the description of Beta waking and standing after falling down the elevator shaft, but they made it clear he was in pain and indicated internal injuries with so much blood in his mouth so I thought it worked. Much better than Negan's fall last season where he got up without a scratch. The Hilltop convoy was primarily setting things up for later, but I like how Magna's group has been integrated and slid right into that dynamic. I don't like that they took the baby on the trip to the Kingdom, but I do think converting that trunk into a sound muffling baby carrier was clever. Overall, it was a really solid episode.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    One bad episode and people are already turning on Kang, go figure

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    One bad episode and people are already turning on Kang, go figure
    This is the only place people thought it was bad lol. It's at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes and 9.2/10 on IMDB.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    4/10

-Beta surviving that fall. Also, good thing he chose to crash through the drywall where they forgot to place a stud, and he got lucky more than once! (Hi! Convenience Fairy!)
    -
    [/SPOILER]
    I didn't even think of that. It would have been great if he had hit the stud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast