0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Level
    10/10. I believe this is the first 10 I've awarded all season.

• The Fight! I'm not sure how Beta survived that fall, especially since there were no cables or anything else that looked like it might have broken his fall to make it survivable. He might have been wearing a protective vest, since that knife stab Daryl gave him didn't seem to break skin, draw blood, or cause pain, but I can't imagine no head injury. Anyhoo, the scene was so well done that I don't care and am only glad Beta survived. I want to see MUCH more of him!
    • Connie. I've really taken a liking to her, which surprises me considerably since, initially I thought having a deaf character was just a PC gimmick; but she's shown she can compensate for that. An example is her ducking from the thrown knife. It wasn't unreasonable, since I figured she probably saw a shadow just before the knife was thrown. The actress said on Talking Dead that there was a brief flash of light, and that's what alerted her. Anyway, I was close. She's also very smart, brave, strong, and clever. As an aside, I wouldn't mind her being paired romantically with Daryl - I can go either way on that. I like their dynamic and the way they work together and as someone else pointed out, neither is a chatterbox!
    • Lydia. What a great job the actress is doing with this role. I awarded bonus points for her telling Henry that what he did was stupid. Somebody needs to tell Henry every chance they get that he is stupid!
    • This will surprise everybody, but Carol's delivery of one line won my Best Delivered Line of the Show award. "It wasn't Jed's group." We know what was behind that seemingly casually offhand comment. Obviously Jerry and Dianne didn't and still don't.
    • I must be the only one here who enjoyed the Kingdom scenes.
    • The Highwaymen. This show has taken on an old western feel, and TPTB have acknowledged it has a western vibe now, and these people are characters out of Gunsmoke. I don't know why they're there or how they got there or why they decided to extort their way through life instead of settling down and joining or building a community, and I don't really care. I just like them. I enjoyed the scene where they opened negotiations with Ozzy, were prepared for initial failure, and had the jump on the Highwaymen. Although I couldn't care less if Carol ever appeared on my screen again, she got some more exceptionally good writing and performed well.
    • I LOVED the look exchanged between Ozzy and Tara. To me, that look she gave him was the best thing she's ever done on the show. It's like this gay woman suddenly became straight. It's not like I wish for that or care what her sexual orientation is, but I just enjoyed the split second dynamic between those two. I would allow Tara to remain in the show if they would pair her with this guy. I would ship it almost as hard as I ship Dwerry.
    • I started out hating that the baby was brought along and, frankly, wondered what Tammy Rose and whatzisface were even doing on that trip; but Tammy Rose explained it at the Kingdom when she explained to Nabila that they had brought the baby along in hopes of finding it a home. She then went on to say she wasn't giving the baby up, but at least the writers anticipated questions about this seemingly dumb decision and provided an answer - even in the same episode!

Dislikes:

• Henry. I'm not deducting for him, though, because I'm starting to think (hope) that the writers intended for him to be stupid, regardless of how senseless that is considering Judith has more sense than he does and he was mothered by the mother of all childhood horror queens.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish they would kill Zeke and Jerry and let Ozzy and Carol run the Kingdom. At least he seems like a cool dude. So many things were annoying about this episode.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Level
    Yknow what bugs me about the Beta/Daryl fight? Is that if it was Rick vs Beta the writers would've had Rick get his face pummeled. Rick might still push Beta down the thing but it seems like they refuse to actually have Daryl look weak. This fight was pretty good but it could've been so much better if Daryl actually bled. Remember what The Governor did to Rick? Beta is even bigger and stronger than The Governor.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    We were talking about this at work today. Daryl should have been a bloody mess but nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yknow what bugs me about the Beta/Daryl fight? Is that if it was Rick vs Beta the writers would've had Rick get his face pummeled. Rick might still push Beta down the thing but it seems like they refuse to actually have Daryl look weak. This fight was pretty good but it could've been so much better if Daryl actually bled. Remember what The Governor did to Rick? Beta is even bigger and stronger than The Governor.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah it would've been great if Daryl just barely got out of it alive. Not that Beta didn't look strong because he did. He was stronger than Daryl and he was ready for pretty much anything Daryl threw at him (other than him not knowing about the elevator and Daryl's secret hiding spot). Beta is actually a pretty smart monster. it's just Daryl looked way stronger than he should've in the fight even though nobody really won that fight. Daryl pushed him, ran away and the fight ended in a no contest. But it would've been so much cooler had Daryl been beaten badly and then pushed him down the thing and made his escape.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I've speculated before on the chance the whisperers are able to insert intel assets into other groups. They don't look like the kind of people that could pull off an act like that though.

But what if one or more of the highwaymen are secret whisperers? Unknown to the rest of the group?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Squirrel Hunter JackietheStripper's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    - I think it's amazing how Daryl can say stuff to Connie when he's behind her and she still picks up what he said.
    - Why didn't Daryl have Lydia with him on the balcony? She could have pointed out Beta to him.
    - Something horrible is going to happen to the elderly couple and the baby.
    - Is the actor who plays Henry doing the Zoolander face on purpose or is it just how he looks? He's a handsome kid, it's just a bit distracting when it looks like he's posing for photos all the time.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    We noticed last night he does the duck lips a lot. And I agree Daryl should have shot Beta from the Balcony. I am glad he didn't because Beta is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackietheStripper View Post
    - I think it's amazing how Daryl can say stuff to Connie when he's behind her and she still picks up what he said.
    - Why didn't Daryl have Lydia with him on the balcony? She could have pointed out Beta to him.
    - Something horrible is going to happen to the elderly couple and the baby.
    - Is the actor who plays Henry doing the Zoolander face on purpose or is it just how he looks? He's a handsome kid, it's just a bit distracting when it looks like he's posing for photos all the time.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JackietheStripper View Post
    Plus he mumbles so much it's amazing she manages to lipread even a single word.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    Plus he mumbles so much it's amazing she manages to lipread even a single word.

I'm sure this will be taken as a sign of how super connected and close they are lol!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast