Thread: Gun Situation

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Gun Situation

What do you all think about the present gun situation? I expected ammunition and parts to be progressively harder to come by. As such, I figured they would be used more infrequently. However, six years is not enough time to be back to primative weapons exclusively.

The bullet factory should be able to crank out a steady supply. Maybe they have an arsenal they are saving for another major war and the Kingdom simply didn't have the means to get to where they are stored. Judith seems to be the only person that regularly brandishes a gun.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Honestly I've been thinking the same thing, guns last over a hundred years, many cowboy revolvers from the 1800s still function. I'm not sure how many times brass can be reloaded, but there must be a Remington or Winchester or Federal factory somewhere with pallets upon pallets of bullets.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    I think ammo in is in short supply and most of what they do have is stuff that was crafted. It's probably super rare to actually find a stash of ammo since it's been almost a decade in the ZA and most of that time they've been in the same area and even before the time jump places were mostly picked clean between all the settlements and especially The Saviors.

But I also think Alexandria may be the only ones with any real firepower. Keep in mind that The Sanctuary split off from everyone else during the second time jump so they lost the bullet factory (and probably don't know it's abandoned now because of lack of fuel making travel a bitch) so it basically just leaves Eugene and then you also gotta remember that the settlements aren't trading anymore. Or at least Alexandria stopped working with Hilltop & Kingdom so that would basically leave Hilltop & Kingdom with whatever little rare finds they get and they probably save that for important stuff like if the settlement gets attacked. They aren't gonna waste it on a few walkers or even a few enemies. It would take an actual invasion of walkers or humans to pull out the emergency supply and even though Alexandria probably has more than most I also could see them trying to use as little as possible because all they have is Eugene without a factory and without a lot of help so making them would be a pretty slow process. Especially now that Eugene is doing more outside of the walls these days.

As for why Judith is using a gun, I think that is one of those necessary situations that requires ammo because she is just a child and can't go hand to hand with a enemy and Alexandria can afford it more than the other settlements.

But most just stick to arrows these days.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    Has there been any mention of ammo being delivered anywhere? You'd think if they were making it somewhere it would be delivered to the communities

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    With the amount of ammo that would’ve been up for grabs at the beginning there should never have been a Walker problem IMO, but the business of humans fighting humans seems to always get in the way and apparently nobody can hit the broad side of a barn either. Even if all of the available ammo was used or hoarded there should be plenty of supplies out there to reload whatever they need, but it’s not like they’re out there collecting spent casings after every fight either. I’d imagine that all of the major arms factories were hit hard early on and are either destroyed or are being ruled over by a group though.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    You’d think that never leavin the woods yet always seeming to live pretty comfortably that, somewhere- somewhere in the fuckin suburban DC Area you’d find a nice little reload set up in at least one hunters basement. Gunpowder is incredibly easy to make , the ingredients by themselves could be gotten in the 8-9 fuckin years that these douchebags wasted in Sherwood. .

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    They have no time to look for any remaining ammo, they have to host trade fairs, and risk their lives searching for light bulbs.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    musket rifles should be easy to make ammo for. Cant be hard to forge a cannon.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I would t mind seeing a cannon on TWD. Anyway I think I would have had Eugene making bullets around the clock just to have just in case.