Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child luvprue1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In another dimension
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    105
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    588
    Level
    8

    The Highway Men's Protection

    King Ezekiel hire the Highway men to keep the passage to the fair safe from Walkers. So far they seem to be doing a good job. But did the kingdom tell them about the Whispers? We know that the whispers will be out looking for Lydia, and Beta, so they likely Will encounter the highway men. What do you think will happen once the two groups encounter each other? Will the highway men keep the passage safe from the whispers?

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Offline
    Deadweight Funion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12
    Threads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    61
    Level
    2
    The Highway Men will be caught unawares and it will be their Little Bighorn.

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Offline
    NO MA’AM Diseman81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,470
    Threads
    67
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Points
    10,054
    Level
    41
    I don’t think that the Kingdom is even aware of the Whisperers yet. Other than Henry I can’t think of any other member of the Kingdom having a run in with them. I’d imagine that the Highwaymen are gonna be caught completely unaware by them.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child luvprue1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In another dimension
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    105
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Points
    588
    Level
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I don’t think that the Kingdom is even aware of the Whisperers yet. Other than Henry I can’t think of any other member of the Kingdom having a run in with them. I’d imagine that the Highwaymen are gonna be caught completely unaware by them.
    Would someone have told them about Jesus being killed? I know that the kingdom kept in touch with Hill Top. So it seem like someone would have warn them.

    Damn. If the highway men do not know about the Whispers they might just wound up being killed, or the highway men might sound up telling them about the fair.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Offline
    Winter is Somewhere Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,662
    Threads
    257
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Points
    17,553
    Level
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by luvprue1 View Post
    Would someone have told them about Jesus being killed? I know that the kingdom kept in touch with Hill Top. So it seem like someone would have warn them.

    Damn. If the highway men do not know about the Whispers they might just wound up being killed, or the highway men might sound up telling them about the fair.
    Kingdom definitely didn't know about the Whisperers when they made their deal with the Highwaymen. Tara and her group, of course, were well aware of them and what happened to Jesus, etc., but it seems like Tara glossed over whatever she should have told them in order to have Carol not think there was anything serious going on with Henry.

    Telling Kingdom about the big new threat should have been priority 1 for Tara, but we weren't shown that she did that IIRC.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Offline
    Governor meesha1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,691
    Threads
    480
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Points
    6,055
    Level
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Kingdom definitely didn't know about the Whisperers when they made their deal with the Highwaymen. Tara and her group, of course, were well aware of them and what happened to Jesus, etc., but it seems like Tara glossed over whatever she should have told them in order to have Carol not think there was anything serious going on with Henry.

    Telling Kingdom about the big new threat should have been priority 1 for Tara, but we weren't shown that she did that IIRC.
    Tara was expecting Daryl to get there with Henry before they did. She doesn't know about Henry being captured by the whisperers, the rescue, the fight in the office building, or the detour to ASZ yet. As such, she figured Carol would already know what happened because Daryl would have told her. Tara was surprised to find out that Daryl and Henry weren't there yet so I don't believe she was trying to deceive Carol. I expect Tara told Carol everything once she found out they weren't there. And that will likely be passed on to the Highway Men as well.

    What I wonder is if the Highway Men will stick to the deal after they know about the whisperers. And I'm wondering if one of the Highway Men might be a pike victim to give them a personal reason to be involved. I still think they might be a remix of the militia from the comic.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Offline
    Winter is Somewhere Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,662
    Threads
    257
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Points
    17,553
    Level
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Tara was expecting Daryl to get there with Henry before they did. She doesn't know about Henry being captured by the whisperers, the rescue, the fight in the office building, or the detour to ASZ yet. As such, she figured Carol would already know what happened because Daryl would have told her. Tara was surprised to find out that Daryl and Henry weren't there yet so I don't believe she was trying to deceive Carol. I expect Tara told Carol everything once she found out they weren't there. And that will likely be passed on to the Highway Men as well.

    What I wonder is if the Highway Men will stick to the deal after they know about the whisperers. And I'm wondering if one of the Highway Men might be a pike victim to give them a personal reason to be involved. I still think they might be a remix of the militia from the comic.
    Good point about Tara expecting to find Henry, et al., at Kingdom. I took Tara's kinda double-takey stammering over it as not wanting to get too far into it at that moment; but that really doesn't make sense the more I think about it. It's more likely that Tara's demeanor reflected her having been taken by surprise.

    What do you mean by "stick to the deal"? Are you wondering if they'll decide not to patrol the roads and assist with safe passage to the Kingdom because they don't want to expose themselves to the whisperers?

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Offline
    Governor meesha1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,691
    Threads
    480
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Points
    6,055
    Level
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Good point about Tara expecting to find Henry, et al., at Kingdom. I took Tara's kinda double-takey stammering over it as not wanting to get too far into it at that moment; but that really doesn't make sense the more I think about it. It's more likely that Tara's demeanor reflected her having been taken by surprise.

    What do you mean by "stick to the deal"? Are you wondering if they'll decide not to patrol the roads and assist with safe passage to the Kingdom because they don't want to expose themselves to the whisperers?
    Yeah, I think she was just surprised because she figured Daryl would beat them there and have already told Carol everything.

    I did mean the deal to keep the roads safe and escort people traveling to the fair. I wonder if finding out about the whisperers will make the Highway Men reluctant to follow through on that. It does make it more dangerous dealing with walkers - they have to adjust their thinking there because a whisperer could duck and fight back. They didn't discuss dealing with living enemies with that arrangement so I'm curious how they will react. And if they are going to be a remix of the militia, having one of their own be a pike victim might be additional motivation for that - making it personal for them rather than just a job.

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Offline
    Winter is Somewhere Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,662
    Threads
    257
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Points
    17,553
    Level
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Yeah, I think she was just surprised because she figured Daryl would beat them there and have already told Carol everything.

    I did mean the deal to keep the roads safe and escort people traveling to the fair. I wonder if finding out about the whisperers will make the Highway Men reluctant to follow through on that. It does make it more dangerous dealing with walkers - they have to adjust their thinking there because a whisperer could duck and fight back. They didn't discuss dealing with living enemies with that arrangement so I'm curious how they will react. And if they are going to be a remix of the militia, having one of their own be a pike victim might be additional motivation for that - making it personal for them rather than just a job.
    Magna's at the Kingdom with Tara and Co., and she was also with Daryl/Michonne & Co. when they devised the plan of shooting walkers in the legs to see who was real and who wasn't. If that information is communicated to the Highwaymen, that would give them some knowledge as power. But yeah, at what point do you have to ask yourself how badly you want to see a movie?

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Offline
    Governor meesha1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,691
    Threads
    480
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Points
    6,055
    Level
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Magna's at the Kingdom with Tara and Co., and she was also with Daryl/Michonne & Co. when they devised the plan of shooting walkers in the legs to see who was real and who wasn't. If that information is communicated to the Highwaymen, that would give them some knowledge as power. But yeah, at what point do you have to ask yourself how badly you want to see a movie?
    Exactly. I'm curious because I don't think they're really bad people. Maybe more mercenary, but they were asking for stuff like seeds and books so they're not like the saviors. Knowing the whisperers wear masks and being told what to watch for might be enough for them to stick to the deal. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Related Topics

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: October 1st, 2016, 10:37 AM
  2. 6/7 - Farmhouse Off Highway 16 - Senoia, GA
    By Shopgirlin310 in forum Season Seven
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 9th, 2016, 06:13 PM
  3. Atlanta highway
    By Buttons in forum General TWD Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 20th, 2014, 09:33 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 8th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.