Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    This comment is worrying. Kind of makes me wonder what you’d do if you had all that money to bribe people with. I sure as hell wouldn’t have done this though, nor would anyone else I know. There’s no excuse for stealing spots from hardworking kids. That’s just cruel
    I wouldn't, no, because I have morals. Plus I don't believe in bulldozing the way smooth for your kids, so even if I had kids and a shit ton of money I'd still make them get into university the hard way because that's how it should work. But there are plenty of people out there who don't feel that way & wouldn't hesitate to cheat to get their dumb and/or slack ass kid into a good school if they had the means & opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Nobody's pretending the 1% have a monopoly on corruption. The people named in the indictment have been charged with committing a crime, not the entire 1% - at least not this crime. This particular crime could only have been committed by those with the wherewithal to do it, but there's plenty of crime out there having been committed by anybody with the inclination to do it.

I hope all the kids who benefited from their parents' criminal meddling are kicked out. I've heard a lot of "but it's not the kids' fault", and it isn't - not even Lori Loughlin's daughter - but nobody should benefit from this crime.
    You must admit there are a lot of "rich douchebags/fucking Hollywood" comments out there about this. Including on this thread.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level

goddamn right

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    You must admit there are a lot of "rich douchebags/fucking Hollywood" comments out there about this. Including on this thread.
    Absolutely. Schadenfreude at work. I don't think reveling in the sorrows of anybody is in keeping with the moral high ground. There but for the grace of God go I, and all that.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I wouldn't, no, because I have morals. Plus I don't believe in bulldozing the way smooth for your kids, so even if I had kids and a shit ton of money I'd still make them get into university the hard way because that's how it should work. But there are plenty of people out there who don't feel that way & wouldn't hesitate to cheat to get their dumb and/or slack ass kid into a good school if they had the means & opportunity.

I’m well aware many poor/middle class people would do it as well if they could. There’s also rich people who wouldn’t even dream about doing this. But that doesn’t excuse the fact that these scumbags stole spots from actual, hardworking lids

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Absolutely. Schadenfreude at work. I don't think reveling in the sorrows of anybody is in keeping with the moral high ground. There but for the grace of God go I, and all that.
    No offense bea but fuck that!! I’m lovin’ this and anything else that can ruin some rich mother fuckers day. And I consider myself pretty fuckin moral

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    No offense bea but fuck that!! I’m lovin’ this and anything else that can ruin some rich mother fuckers day. And I consider myself pretty fuckin moral
    Well, of course! That's schadenfraude. Who am I to say who's going to burn in hell over what, but if you're going to, may as well enjoy it.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Level
    It’s not what you know but who you know.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Not condoning what they did at all, but to be fair, (some of) the rich have done this because they could. If (some) middle & working class people had the same money or influence they'd probably be doing the same thing. Let's not pretend the 1% have a monopoly on corruption.

On the other hand, Lori Loughlin's daughter seems like a right twat. Hope she gets kicked out.
    I agree that there are people in every social/economic class that are corrupt, but the difference is that the more $$ one has, the more likely it will be swept under the carpet and life will resume as usual in a very short period of time. Yes, LL has lost her Hallmark and Fuller House gigs and her daughters will either go to a different school or not go back at all but its not like this is something that will leave them bankrupt or losing their house or life savings like it would if it were someone in a lower economic category. I'm not condoning that type of behavior from anyone. Just pointing out that the consequences are very different. I'm also not losing any sleep over LL, FH, etc....getting busted. Most likely they will get a pat on the shoulder and back to normal for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123