5 7.69%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    It was pretty meh, definitely not better than The Grove. Judith's acting carried it hard, Negan's too.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Pointless scars for a pointless episode

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Anybody catch when mumbles was lookin for rick and said he followed the trail to the ocean. Wow they must be some pretty magical fuckin woods to go right to the ocean I mean no development in good beachfront property on the crowded mid-Atlantic coast. Yeah no condos , million dollar homes just pure Sherwood Forest for the cheapest set decoration in tv history. Jesus fuckin Christ is this show dumb

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought it was a great episode. I take back everything I said bad about Michonne. No wonder she is so guarded with letting in new people after what happened with someone she trusted. The beginning with her finding Ricks gun was so sad. Not knowing what happened to him must be eating at her. I felt her pain.
    Having to kill those kids was a necessary evil. They would have killed her and the kids they stole from ASZ. What a waste on a great actress Rutina Wesley, too bad she was bad and needed to be killed. I would have loved for her to have become a regular on the show. Next week looks good but looks very similar to how the Saviors had everyone surrounded.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level

Ive been the biggest supporter of this show since rick died and have tried convincing all my friends to start watching again because I think this season has been great so far. That being said this was probably the only episode I just didn’t like. I’ve never been a fan of flashbacks and maybe this is why.

Reading previous spoiler tidbits, I really had the impression that michonne would kill the kids in a sort of controversial manner, yet she did what 99% of normal people would do in that situation, which really lessened the tension of the episode for me tbh.

The timing of this episode felt really out of place and the sequencing from now to the flashbacks was just hard to understand even for the avid TWD watcher. If someone who stopped watching came back and only saw this episode they would be confused as fuck at what is even happening I feel like.

I didn’t even watch the last 5 minutes so I’ll have to go back and watch that sometime, whenever I come around to it because the plot of this episode gives me no real urgency to do so. Easily my lowest rated episode in a long time but I think next week should be pretty good so

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I get why Michonne was guarded with new people. But it still doesn't tell us why she is at odds with the other communities.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Anybody catch when mumbles was lookin for rick and said he followed the trail to the ocean. Wow they must be some pretty magical fuckin woods to go right to the ocean I mean no development in good beachfront property on the crowded mid-Atlantic coast. Yeah no condos , million dollar homes just pure Sherwood Forest for the cheapest set decoration in tv history. Jesus fuckin Christ is this show dumb
    Virginia borders the Atlantic Ocean. Oceanside is not that far away and rivers eventually empty into the ocean or a river that will empty into an ocean eventually.
    I thought that this was a good episode. The Grove Lite episode.
    It was safer than The Grove. Michonne was totally justified in killing the feral children. Almost too justified because it always seems that Michonne always gets to be right in every situation. This should have been a longer episode so that they could have given more time for Jocelyn to fool us, to make us think that she was a good guy. It was rushed a bit.
    The acting was good, the writing was good, and there was action.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Squirrel Hunter JackietheStripper's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    I kinda liked this episode... sure, the scar thing would have been better if we first saw the scars AFTER we knew what happened because it wasn't worth the hype and it would have made a better impact. The thing that annoyed me the most about the scars is that I thought they had something to do with why certain characters doesn't want anything to do with each other now.
    That being said, I appreciate every flashback I can get from what happened during the time jump.
    Yes, the "pregnant woman having her belly cut" has been done so many times that it's a predictable move at this point... but I guess that if she was cut anywhere else people would be like "well, at least it wasn't her belly, phew!" and it wouldn't be a big deal.

I can forgive Judith for speaking like a 30 year old. There aren't many kids in this world so I'm not surprised that some of them might seem older than they are.

I understand Michonne's cold behavior more now and it was nice to see her and Judith having a real conversation at the end of the episode, I hope Michonne can find a middle ground between being ice cold and naive.

One thing I thought about a lot while watching this episode is that they're wasting the best actors on this show... we had a lot of Danai Gurira in this one but I still found myself thinking that she's too good for this show. And Jeffrey Dean Morgan is just literally sitting there, which Negan did the last time I read the comics so I know that he's supposed to (I'm a bit behind so I don't know if he's still locked up) but it's like he's been reduced to just being there like a game character that waits for the player to come talk to him before moving on.

Sorry, I'm tired and rambling, I'll stop now.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by booksrbetter View Post
    Virginia borders the Atlantic Ocean. Oceanside is not that far away and rivers eventually empty into the ocean or a river that will empty into an ocean eventually.
    I thought that this was a good episode. The Grove Lite episode.
    It was safer than The Grove. Michonne was totally justified in killing the feral children. Almost too justified because it always seems that Michonne always gets to be right in every situation. This should have been a longer episode so that they could have given more time for Jocelyn to fool us, to make us think that she was a good guy. It was rushed a bit.
    The acting was good, the writing was good, and there was action.
    I know Virginia borders the ocean it’s called the beach and beaches are prime real estate. So to think for a minute there’s going to be some kind of setting that looks like it came out of deliverance is ridiculous. Show me any shoreline in the mid Atlantic region that has a one stoplight town. I said it before the cocksuckers don’t build developments of high dollar homes like Alexandria and not have a commercial center nearby. The cunt Deanna in charge was a fuckin congresswoman for Christ’s sake. From the rocky shores of Maine to key fuckin west every jackoff wants a beach house
    while I’m here why the fuck do you do a time jump just so then can do a flashback wtf. And why all the folks who gave this mess a thumbs up do every fuckin group that comes into it always have a base camp in a shitty setting. 8 years later and nobody says hey why not turn that swanky country club into my new crib. Noooi it’s gotta be a dump with broken windows and plastic sheeting everywhere.
    Thats it i said my peace I’m done with this thread.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    7. I haven't enjoyed an episode this much in YEARS. To be honest, the years feel like centuries lol. I'm pissed pissed pissed that those evil fuckers died way-way too easily.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast