Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    If Morgan was in the movies it would maybe work because of how much Morgan means to Rick but also the fact that Morgan is legit crazy and can fly off the handle any second. I could totally see Morgan having an emotional outburst where he puts everyone else at risk.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    - Why does a main character has to take Gabriel's comic death? Comic Gabriel was a glorified extra. If anything, I think a supporting character will get that death.

- Ezekiel can adapt Andrea's comic death (although Carl already remixed that) and I can see Carol by his side cursing her life because she loses everyone, Daryl consoling her and Ezekiel telling Carol to be strong and lead the Kingdom (or look after Lydia).

- I think this part can be skipped totally.

- Yeah, so far TV Magna is the only character I can see taking Dwight's comic death, altho I hope not cause I like her so much already and it would be a waste to kill her like this. If Rosita already gave birth by then, I can see her taking this death too.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Eugene
    Ezekiel
    Savior Uprising will be remixed/skipped and/or given to a smaller character/redshirt created for that death.
    Hopefully the show is CANCELLED before this.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Who will get the comic deaths?

Now that the pikes have happened or are about to these are the next big 4 deaths from the comics:

1. (Gabriel) Gabriel's foot gets caught in the water tower ladder during the Whisperer War and then he gets stabbed in the stomach by Beta. Beta leaves him to die alone hanging upside down with his guts falling out and if you think that is bad he is then swarmed by walkers and torn apart. You think Noah had a fukt up death or Glenn/Abe. This is that on steroids.

2. (Andrea) When The Whisperers are defeated the remaining herd is sent towards Alexandria and when dealing with it Andrea gets her neck bit in the middle of all the chaos. It's actually very reminiscent of the T-Dog death in that she kinda dies as a hero because they do succeed in defeating the herd. She doesn't die in the moment either so it's also kinda like Bob's death. Rick (who was with her in the comics) is forced to put her down when she passes away from the infection.

3. (Sherry) Some of The Saviors get tired of working with Rick and the other settlements and decide to stand up to him because they wanna go off on their own. Sherry is the one who leads this uprising. The fact that Negan is in Alexandria seems to escalate it even more. Probably PTSD or some shit. Hoping to defuse the situation Rick and Sherry meet alone in a room away from everyone else to talk it out. Sherry attacks Rick like a rabid dog and Rick accidentally kills her in self defense by pushing her off and she breaks her neck off a table.

4. (Dwight) This one is a bit later on during the Commonwealth stuff. Dwight who is also probably dealing with PTSD from everything that happened with Negan tries to kill Pamela Milton (The leader of the Commonwealth). The problem with this is it's not a well thought out plan. Dwight is doing it out of emotion. In order to keep Rick's cover and not escalate things even further Rick shoots Dwight in the head to prove he's "loyal". This is also kind of Michonne's fault because Rick, Michonne and Dwight were going to have a secret meeting and because Michonne actually wants them to work with the Commonwealth she invites Pamela without telling Rick and Dwight. Pamela brings guards to arrest Dwight. Dwight pulls a gun on her and like I said, Rick is forced to kill him.

So that is how it happened in the comics. Now obviously things will have to be remixed because Andrea, Sherry and Dwight are gone from the show. There is no more Saviors at all. Rick is also gone and he's responsible for putting down 3 of the 4 characters.

So here is how I think it's going to go:

I think Gabriel will probably still get the water tower death. Eugene could too but I hope not. I think at this point Gabriel has earned his death. I dunno what else they could even do with his character. Eugene is always going to be a useful character to keep around because nobody else is really like him.

Ezekiel will probably be the one who gets the Andrea death. I can't really think of any other big couple on the show at the moment other than the Carol/Ezekiel one and Carol needs a crying scene every season apparently. Carol would probably take on the role of Rick in putting Ezekiel down. Also, Ezekiel is already gone by this point in the comics so I don't really know what else they could do with him. There are other couples but none of them would have the same impact as them. By this point Carol and Ezekiel's relationship will have been going 4 seasons (Even if they weren't together for all that) so it would be a pretty big deal. Even if I wouldn't care much.

The Sherry/Savior uprising is kinda interesting because neither still exists in the show. For a while it seemed like maybe they were going to do that with Maggie/Hilltop or at least part of it but that never really happened and the ship has sailed on that one if Maggie ever returns. So if it were going to happen I think it would happen with Oceanside. Maybe they attack Alexandria wanting to execute Negan when they discover he's no longer behind bars. I don't know who would take on the role of Sherry but I don't think it's really important because all of them lost something because of The Saviors. Daryl would probably take on the role of Rick here because he's really the only character left on the show that has any history with them at all even if it's only a tiny bit and also because I think Daryl is one of the few characters that would not fight back if he was being attacked by a woman. The death is meant to be by accident. Not intentional.

As for the Dwight thing, I'm struggling with finding anyone that could fill that role. There isn't really a character like Dwight on the show right now and I don't even know who would fill the Rick spot if Michonne is leaving because Daryl & Carol are not the type to even want to be part of the Commonwealth. Eugene wouldn't have the balls. Aaron has a daughter to care for. Rosita is probably the closest character on the show to either Dwight or Rick but shes going to be pregnant for a long time and another issue with her is that she's already had a storyline like that before and she isn't really a leader either. So it would depend on how the show starts to change without Michonne. The only 2 characters I could see getting Dwight'd right now would be either Magna or Negan. Magna because she's hot headed and Negan because he cares about Judith (not because he cares about others). The problem with Negan is that I don't really know what character would shoot him and that would mean something. It meant a lot for Rick to kill Dwight because of everything Dwight and Rick had gone through together. There really isn't a character Negan has that type of relationship with on the show other than Judith but I don't see her doing that because she's not a leader. She's just a kid. So I think I'm gonna go with Magna here with Yumiko being the one to shoot her.

TLDR version:
    Gabriel keeps his water tower death.
    Ezekiel gets Andrea's death and is put down by Carol
    Oceanside fills the role of The Saviors and Daryl accidentally kills their leader
    Magna is shot in the head by Yumiko so she doesn't get everyone killed.

You know, I'm not sure about any of these. Ignoring Dwight for now because they're still in the whisperer arc, but the others have already been done in some fashion. In 8x08, Rick found one of the lookouts hanging from a ladder, upside down and eaten like Gabriel was in the comic. In 8x08 and 8x09, it was revealed that Carl was bitten while helping Siddiq and he got to say his goodbyes before he died like Andrea did in the comic. And the savior rebellion happened in 9x04 - led by Jed. Carol kicked Jed's ass in 9x04 and then killed him in 9x07. The saviors are gone now and we saw in tonight's episode that there's no anger towards or from Oceanside so it seems unlikely they'll bring Sherry back or repeat that with a different group.

I'm thinking it's possible that Kang might deviate a lot more from the comic for the rest of the whisperer arc.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think they'll adapt Gabriel's comic death, honestly. I think Eugene falling off and screwing up his leg was the closest we are getting, but I could be wrong. If it goes to anyone, I'm guessing Eugene - with him falling part of a foreshadow.

Ezekiel will get Andrea's death, if they adapt it.

I originally thought the purpose of the Highway men and Ozzy was to fill the gap of the short Sherry storyline but alas, that is no more. I don't think they'll even adapt this into the show honestly.

Dwight's death goes to Aaron, with Daryl killing him. JK. I don't even know if this will make the show either since we don't know if the Commonwealth is part of the Rick shit or Maggie shit, or what is going on.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Honestly....The show may not adapt any of those deaths.

I do think Ezekiel and/or Gabriel could be goners, though.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sherry's death could be done by Laura tbh.
    If she doesn't take Brandon Rose's role in freeing Negan, she might start thinking that Michonne is dropping the ball when it comes to fighting the Whisperers and tries to stage a coup.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, I can see Laura being Sherry while Gage plays Brandon Rose's arc.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Eugene wont die yet. He's going to build the radio as per comics, but as Hilltop have already made contact with the Commonwealth, Eugene will instead contact a remote group where Rick is staying. This will put Rick in contact with the group, allow Michonne to leave the main series and segue into the AMC Movies.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    i thought eugene was already working on the radio set ups. he was telling rosita about walky talkies or something in the last episode which lead me to believe he was already dealing with that in a broader sense

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast