Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

How Would You Save Fear?

Based on everything I've seen the reception to Season 4 was overwhelmingly negative and I agree with it. Absolute horseshit.

I'm not sure it's even possible to save Fear, especially with Gimple and his 2 fanboys at the helm but if there was any chance of turning the ship around how would you do it?

Obviously bringing Maddie back would be huge but I'm just not sure that is even a option. They screwed her out of her show and it seems like she has moved on and started taking on other roles and Nick and Travis are both dead so there isn't much you can do there.

So I think for me:

#1 Make the show less about Morgan and more about Alicia. She has been there since Day 1. You shouldn't be handing a show over half way through to a character that is from another show. A character that had all their character development and big moments from another show. It's kinda the problem I have with a Maggie spinoff if they were ever going to do it. I love Maggie but I want her on the OG Walking Dead. Not on a new show because thats where all of her story happened. She's too far developed to carry her own show. The same goes with Morgan. You also shouldn't have to reference another show to enjoy a spinoff. I don't even want Morgan to be on Fear at all but something tells me he's not going anywhere so if that is the case at least shift the focus to Alicia.

#2 Get rid of that stoopit filter.

#3 Stop crossing over characters. Let Dwight be the second and last to ever do it (unless he finds Sherry). Stop making the show look like OG Walking Dead's bitch. Dwight would've been a better character to cross over than Morgan anyway because there is still so much to do with him. His entire story revolved around Sherry and taking down Negan but we never really got to dig in to who he is without that stuff yet. Also, Dwight of all characters actually makes sense to join Fear because he was banished and went on a mission to find Sherry which explains why he would be on the road. Morgan leaving OG Walking Dead never made any sense. It just seemed like it happened because Gimple wanted to bring his favorite character with him.

#4 Bring back whoever you can from Season 3. I know it's a stretch that they'd still be out there and would find the main group after all this time but I think we are past that at this point between both shows. Maybe Walker, Crazy Dog, that girl Alicia became friends with and Daniel all joined each other. LOL.

#5 Stop introducing so many new characters so quickly. Some of the new additions have been fine but there is just too many. Within one season we lost like 90% of the crew from the previous seasons and traded them for a bunch of new characters. It's just too many at once. And feels more like they are replacing the characters we liked with them.

#6 If Daniel does return I hope to see a flashback in the old timeline where he's captured or crosses paths with Proctor John so they can at least try to wrap up that story.

#7 Kill Sarah. Those nicknames are annoying.

It's going to be hard to get this show back on track if they even try it. If not S5 is likely going to be the last season because people really hated the direction in went in. Even more than what Gimple did to the main show. There are at least SOME fans of the OG Walking Dead that didn't mind all the changes but I haven't see anyone that liked the direction S4 went in on Fear and when you did like a moment here or there it's because you are trying to make the best out of a shitty situation. This is not the show anyone wanted. The crossover was meant to be this big deal to get people excited but it 100% is the reason why the show is where it is. Gimple and his fanboys just had to go and bring their ideas over. Nick probably would've died no matter what but they kicked Maddie off her own show so that Morgan could have his own show. That is fukt and just came outta fucking nowhere. Same with Erickson's firing. Not that it could ever be the ending anyone hoped for but I'd like to see it get back to being watchable so when it ends it wasn't for nothing because that's how it feels right now. I feel like I wasted 3 years of Fear just to get spit in the face by Season 4 and told none of that mattered. Just make it matter in Season 5 and then wrap it up in Season 6.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    I’d save it by canceling it. I stopped watching after season 1. That’s where it should’ve ended. Especially considering how shitty twd is now

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Get Morgan off his pacifist bullshit and finally, FINALLY, return him to the mindset he had in TWD's first season

Make Al useful and stop talking about the damn tapes/future/documenting history

Dwight should have a huge role

Get rid of the dumb filter

Bring back Madison, Crazy Dog, Walker, Alicia's old friend

Kill June/Naomi/Laura/whatever the fuck she's called. She is so bland.

Ideally, just delete season 4 and start back at the dam explosion.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah they are definitely attempting to make a Carol out of her. The last thing we need is another Carol.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 4 was horseshit. I like John, Naomi/June, and Althea; but this show wasn't broken at all at the end of season 3, and people loved it because it was run and written by someone other than the TWD crew. Then Gimple got his hands on it and decided he would fix what was not broken. He broke it. Right now, I'd settle for season 5 beginning with Maddie opening her eyes and bitching about a horrible dream she had. I am serious. Just do a Bobby Ewing on her.

As much as I like Morgan, he belongs on the other show. I'd love to see him involved in this Whisperers storyline and witness the pikees. So the new season 5 begins with season 4 having been Maddie's nightmare. We learn quickly that Nick never survived the dam. We get some flashbacks during the front half of what happened at the dam, despite the show having enough of a time jump for Dwight to surface in real time. Daniel surfaces and will be good in those flashbacks, along with Procter John and the other characters mentioned above (however, I'm pretty sure Alicia's friend died).

I'm not as big an Alicia fan as the rest posting in this thread. I can take or leave her. I hate Charlie, so she's not a part of season 5 (this is in my perfect world, not what we know to be true of s 5 of the show). Those baddies in season 4 were absolutely ridiculous and make the Grady cops look like Alpha and Beta and that crew, so Maddie has a good laugh as she says that nightmare had some of the most ridiculous people she could possibly imagine inhabiting their world.

As for Morgan, of course he has to be in the dream because he was in season 4, but he can still be someone Maddie dreamed about which gets her wondering about Alexandria and perhaps eventually pointed in that direction while Fear has its own set of storylines before the timelines converge again and the two shows merge, seaons down the road.

In addition to the dream and the flashbacks to resolve the s3 finale, I'd like Maddie's group to enter Texas while Abe and Eugene are still there and, perhaps encounter them as A&E travel north to Dallas before they encounter Rosita. Then afterward the time jump could happen and Dwight would surface.

If this were to happen, I would almost forgive the mostly wasted time of season 4.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Level
    Another thing, as much as I LOVE Victor Strand, his character has languished in the absence of opportunity to display what drew me to him and kept me enthralled through the episode where he took that snazzy car (Jag?) from the hotel garage in Mexico. Arrogant asshole who helps others only to the extent it helps him. I miss his designer wardrobe, and don't see why he can't do a run on a Nordstrom's or Neimans for some snazzy threads and jewelry. I like that he still has an appreciation of fine wines, but he needs a schtick. He started with one, and now he doesn't have one. I hate to say it, but unless they can work out something for him, he should probably be written out. Instead of killing him, his best exit would be for him to have found a better deal and move off into the sunset with everybody hating him for it. Then down the road, if the show needs a little pick me up, it can do a Strand bottle episode or something.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Give the show a purpose

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    This is a tough one. It’s not like Madison, Nick, Daniel etc... were ever bringing in ratings to begin with and the new characters introduced last season were really good additions for the most part, but that didn’t help. Such a drastic change of direction after season 3 was not needed and really hurt the show.

1. Bring Dave Erickson back as showrunner.

2. Make Alicia the lead.

3. Send Morgan back to TWD.

4. No more crossovers. After Dwight of course. Although I believe he should be on TWD to begin with.

5. Bring Madison back. That’s probably unrealistic at this point though, but more realistic than them running into Daniel again IMO.

6. Give Daniel a proper send off.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I would take it a step further, and go back having Erickson as show runner and have do-over of all of the events in season 3 that weren't supposed to happen. Troy and Nick were tripping balls at the arena and saw some terrible things on those drugs, but were still able to warn everyone that the Proctors were coming. I'm not saying ALL the dam stuff has to go, but allow Erickson the creative freedom to continue that story the way HE WANTED TO. Hell, with a few years down now, Mercedes Mason could even come back now that she's not pregnant anymore, I found her a lot more compelling than Luciana, she had more depth, and more connections to the other characters. See if Erickson can incorporate some of the new characters into the story in new and interesting ways, except June/July because I hate her.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    Get rid of Ian Goldberg and Andrew Chambliss. Other than that a complete retcon of S4 is the only thing that will actually benefit Fear in whatever life it has left

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast