Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

Season 4 of Fear Has to Be the Worst Season of All Walking Dead Seasons, Right?

Now that we are starting to transition over to S5 of Fear, I can't help but remember how infuriating S4 was. I don't think there has ever been 1 season between both shows that ever made me THAT mad.

The closest would be Coral's death in Season 8 of the main show for me and I do think that had to be the worst season of TWD or at least top 2 worst seasons. Season 6 was also pretty bad. But at the very least there was some good episodes in both those seasons. Season 4 of Fear had no good episodes. Maybe some good scenes here and there but overall It was like watching a very very long trainwreck.

Season 4 of Fear was like Hurricane Gimple. You knew it would be bad when it came and it just kept getting worse. Somehow even worse than you thought it would be. Just think about it. Fear just came off it's best season and we all begin praising it and then out of nowhere it is announced that Erickson has been fired and is being replaced by the guy who ruined the other show and 2 clowns that worship everything that guy has done. Then the crossover gets announced and you fear for the worst. You fear that it may focus on Morgan too much because Gimple loves that character and Fear ends up being looked at as the main show's bitch but you just think you may be overreacting and then it happens. The entire first episode focuses on Morgan. It has cameos of a bunch of characters from the other show. Pretty much everything that happened in the previous season (yknow, the good one) just got ignored. There is a pointless long ass time jump that only happens just so they can fit a character in the show that nobody wanted even though the whole point of the show was to take place early in the ZA when people weren't as experienced. A few episodes later Nick dies. Then not long after it's revealed that Maddie is dead. In just a few episodes we lose the 2 main characters from the previous 2 seasons in bullshit ways. Morgan at this point has taken the entire show over as it's new lead even though he's only been on the show for a handful of episodes and the new characters that get introduced start feeling like they are replacing the old characters that have been around the entire time because the OG characters can barely even get screen time. Strand just drinks for the entire season, Alicia ends up being a glorified babysitter to the person that killed her brother and nobody cares about Luciana so whatever. If it can't get any worse you are wrong. Even more new characters get introduced and this time they are painful to watch. They aren't even good like John and decent like Al. They are just cringe as fuck. The big bad of the season is just some dirty woman that was a Walmart one woman version of The Wolves. All while they have this shitty filter that makes the whole show look as boring as it possibly can.

It's still hard to believe in just one season THAT much went wrong.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes. It was the worst simply because it completely dropped everything storyline from the first 3 seasons and changed the whole tone of the show. I did like some of the new characters, but every other move they made was terrible.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I do think itís the worst season overall. For me season 7 and 8 were the worst TWD seasons. Season 7 had the cliffhanger, the 2 Lucille deaths, too much Negan, depressing Rick/Daryl, weird Morgan, all of the characters seperated, the Tara episode, the garbage people, and the terrible CGI junkyard/deer. Season 8 was a little better, but still had unlimited amo and crazy gun fights, mostly only Saviors dying in battle, Carlís weird character change, Carlís death, too little Michonne/Jesus, Jesus hating killing, and Rick sparing Negan.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 7 didn't have the cliffhanger. That was 6.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Level
    From the fake bluebonnets to the ignoring of season 3 and just about everything else, season 4 was wretched. The only episode I really enjoyed was the bottle episode with John and "Laura". It was sweet, romantic, and a respite from all the horror of their times; so I do understand why many here didn't like it.

I agree with pretty much everything said in the OP. I thought this would be Nick's story, but the actor wanted out; so I didn't blame the writers except that they managed to make Nick as boring as possible in his last episodes by bringing back Luciana. It was Maddie's story, too, and she was doing a great job leading the group, handling her own losses and the changing relationship with her children, and being a hardass when she needed to. She was the leader. Now Morgan is the leader. How did that happen? I love Morgan, but he belonged on the main show.

You're asking about the worst season in the entire Walking Dead universe? For me it's a 3 way tie between TWD seasons 5 and 8 and Fear 4.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I mean like the season 7 was coming off the cliffhanger. Yeah thatís probably more of season 6ís problem

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't even watched the last 2 episodes and I won't even bother.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Season 5 of the main show is probably the best overall season, if not for the hospital arc. But even that had decent moments and a good mid-season finale involving it. Claiming it’s one of the worst seasons of TWD is asinine. Take your pick of 7 or 8, but yikes.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, it’s easily the worst between both shows. As much as I think Alicia can 100% lead the show and think she’s great, the entire thing was realistically built around Nick and Madison. I personally don’t think the show works without Nick, and these characters would be better off just speeding up and heading to the main show. Hopefully the back half of this 5th season is them making their way to Alexandria... and hopefully only Alicia/Morgan/John make it.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Even Travis could've led the show better than Morgan. Never thought I'd say that but it's true. When Fear started it had 3 main characters. Nick, Maddie and Travis and within about a season and a half all 3 of them were killed off. Alicia is great and she is my favorite and at least she appears in the first episode but it wasn't meant to be her show.

That said, it would still be better for it to be her show than anyone else on the show currently. It's kinda like Judith on the main show. It's not better to have Judith than Rick and Coral but if you can't have them tben Judith is the next best option because she was there for everything (even if she doesn't remember it) and because she is related to the main characters. You can at least still have a Grimes on the show just like you can still have a Clark on Fear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast