2 5.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked it overall. Definitely agree that is was better than past seasons. I cut my cable last year, so i don't get to watch it live any more and I found myself missing that. Last season it almost felt like a chore to watch it sometimes so that is an improvement. Finally did Ice Walkers so i gave it an 8.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Best season since five. Kang really did a good a job. 7/10

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    Uuhhh no way. Once again Daryl sucks up screentime and the pandering for him continued with the Daryl and his manpain garbage
    I didn't see any Daryl manpain this season, he attended to things that he wanted to do on his own and when his family came to say that they needed him, he stood up and did what was asked, even when it was originally against his very nature to do what was asked of him. He owned his shit and stood up for those when they needed it, even when he'd rather be off in his alone. He also looks like he has come out the other side, probably with the help of doing what those asked of him, it kept his mind occupied and busy, so he looks in a better place and strong again.
    I am not even a tiny bit of a Daryl fanatic but he had a good season and showed honest growth, no manpain. He was actually a new silent Hero this season, maybe that was the point of the story, who else would stand up and how? Since we've lost Rick. I didn't mind it and think it's a great story for his character and Lydia's. I don't read the comics and have no interest to, so if this is a ludacris thought on Lydia, let it slide a bit for my not knowing her comic story and future plots. I am just watching the show.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Unfortunately, It's Daryl's show now. At least for the time being. So this stuff is to be expected. I'm not happy about it but before it was more frustrating because it wasn't his show and it was happening. Now, even if it's annoying at times, it's still his show. When Rick was on the show there was tons of manpain and badass stuff for him too, it's just that it made sense because he was the main character and it was his story. Now it's Daryl's turn whether we like it or not.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    There were a couple of flat episodes, but generally speaking Kang did a great job. I've enjoyed this season a lot more than the last couple, that's for sure. An eight.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    My memory is a little fuzzy on the earlier episodes of the season but I think the worst episode was probably the episode where The Kingdom risked their lives in a abandoned theater just so they could watch a movie. I hated every second of that.

I also thought the Scars episode was pretty bad too. It was trying way too hard to recreate "The Grove" because that was a popular episode. It just didn't work for me and I think that whole storyline wasn't needed at all. If it's job was to explain why Alexandria cut everyone else off it didn't do a very good job. I mean, I get why Michonne wouldn't be trusting of new people. But it doesn't explain why she would stop trusting the people that have been with her this whole time and helped Alexandria just as much as Alexandria helped them. The whole storyline just felt like an excuse to do that episode and it wasn't worth it in the end. It reminded me of when they fukt up The Wolves. How they teased The Wolves all Season 5 and made them seem like this major threat and then in one episode in season 6 they fed them all to Carol and it was really just to set up the Morgan/Carol storyline (that also sukt). I was expecting so much more than a Grove ripoff. It also kinda felt like a ripoff of "The Same Boat". Yknow, the episode where Carol & Maggie got captured by The Saviors and had to fight their way out. One of my least favorite episodes the show ever did and I say that as a big Maggie fan.

Like I said, I can't remember much about earlier in the season. I'd have to rewatch but I think those were the only 2 bad episodes for me. There are other things I didn't like but not enough to ruin a entire episode for me.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    My memory is a little fuzzy on the earlier episodes of the season but I think the worst episode was probably the episode where The Kingdom risked their lives in a abandoned theater just so they could watch a movie. I hated every second of that.

I also thought the Scars episode was pretty bad too. It was trying way too hard to recreate "The Grove" because that was a popular episode. It just didn't work for me and I think that whole storyline wasn't needed at all. If it's job was to explain why Alexandria cut everyone else off it didn't do a very good job. I mean, I get why Michonne wouldn't be trusting of new people. But it doesn't explain why she would stop trusting the people that have been with her this whole time and helped Alexandria just as much as Alexandria helped them. The whole storyline just felt like an excuse to do that episode and it wasn't worth it in the end. It reminded me of when they fukt up The Wolves. How they teased The Wolves all Season 5 and made them seem like this major threat and then in one episode in season 6 they fed them all to Carol and it was really just to set up the Morgan/Carol storyline (that also sukt). I was expecting so much more than a Grove ripoff. It also kinda felt like a ripoff of "The Same Boat". Yknow, the episode where Carol & Maggie got captured by The Saviors and had to fight their way out. One of my least favorite episodes the show ever did and I say that as a big Maggie fan.

Like I said, I can't remember much about earlier in the season. I'd have to rewatch but I think those were the only 2 bad episodes for me. There are other things I didn't like but not enough to ruin a entire episode for me.
    I may be the only person who liked Scars. I didn't compare it in any way to The Grove. That one will always stand alone and be one of the best episodes, IMO.

Everyone was asking, "What the hell happened to Michonne?" "Is she STILL grieving?" "Why is she being so hardened again." And they gave us that answer. Such a betrayal, and for someone who already lost one child, loved/adopted another and was pregnant - yeah - having to kill children would be devastating and traumatizing. It's not like they were zombies - they were living, breathing children. So sad.

I'm giving the season an 8.

I hated that they offed Rick, but, I'll be honest - *whispers* I haven't been missing him. Who said that?! Not me. lol. Do agree with whoever said the pike scene was a pretty pitiful goodbye to Tara (although, I wasn't a huge fan, she deserved a better send off). And I wish Enid was still around.

I miss Maggie too - but she was getting a little one note with her angst.

I want to watch from the beginning again and not be so jaded.

Looking forward to the progression of the remaining characters and how they plan on saying 'bye for now' to Michonne. And, 'bye forever'? to Ezekiel.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved Scars, but I think it would have been better served as episode 6. Because it took place in episode 14, it took away the shocking parts of the episode. Is Michonne's old friend good or bad? Well, they have scars and completely changed attitudes, so bad. Will RJ survive Michonne taking a beating? Well, yes because we've seen him in the present timeline already. Will anything happen to Judith? Nope, she's fine too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123