Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Avery View Post
    Why is everyone assuming it's gone to his head or that he thinks he's so important? He literally just said he doesn't want to leave the show. LOL! And in true Reedus fashion threw in the depth of how much he doesn't want to go with some humor about burning down the studio. Let's face it - he's not the greatest actor and I'm not sure what else would be waiting for him should he depart.
    Of course, he'd get a few jobs because of his current name recognition - but that (IMO) would peter out. How long would his other show last w/out also being on TWD?

Hope he got in on some merch rights - but other than that and the publicity tours/paid autographs and pics - what else does he have going? I'd be clinging to that character like a scared cat if I were him.
    We aren’t assuming. Most of the remaining people on here obsessed over the show for many years. We know Norman’s shit when we hear it

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    We aren’t assuming. Most of the remaining people on here obsessed over the show for many years. We know Norman’s shit when we hear it
    Do you need a Snickers? ;)

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    He knows that he is the show and will be there until the end, he was trying to be cute with his arrogance and it wasn't "cute" to most of us. Actually his popularity has even hurt the show, if you want to be honest. It has hurt the story that is being told. TPTB don't care about the show other than making money from it and it shows with how Norman Reedus has always been treated, even as far as the network that it is on. I don't hate him or his character, but I feel that it's all been wasted and put to bed on him.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    Some don't like the words he used but I don't see arrogance in Reedus making it clear that he wants to keep a job that he likes playing a character that he likes, a job that has made and continues to make him very wealthy. The fact that this is likely to be the best part of his career would only reinforce that. Of course he knows that it's unlikely that Daryl will be killed off, especially now that Lincoln is gone, but stranger things have happened, particularly to very expensive actors.

Nor do I see how Daryl has damaged TWD, except perhaps for comic readers. The all important general audience seems to love him still and, like me, knows nothing about the comic and what "should" have happened.

Of course AMC wants to make money out of TWD - they are in the business of making entertainment in order to make money. Capitalism, remember? Quality is nice but takes second place.

Inevitably TWD has declined in quality as it aged, though this last season was a great improvement. Nine years is a long run. Nothing can make the concept and the characters fresh and new again. It seems to me that many of you are simply tired of the series and that nothing TPTB could do now would satisfy you. I get it - I'm somewhat tired of TWD myself but am not bitter about it because I see it a natural and inevitable.

AMC will end TWD as soon as it ceases to be profitable. It looks like they'll focus on TWD universe spin-offs and movies - maybe hoping to recharge the concept by introducing new settings and characters. Fear is already a spin-off of itself. AMC must feel that the the concept still has legs.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    He's lucky that I'm not writing the show... I'd kill him off in season 10 because of these comments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123