Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    I wasn't following the pay disputes Lauren had with AMC too much, but I really don't think she was or currently is in any... "position", to make any strong demands.

If Danai Gurira isn't being like that-- considering how much she's actually blown up, I don't know why Lauren thinks she can.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think her position has changed any. The show still needs her, Maggie is still a very popular character to the fanbase and Lauren is still a popular actress. Whiskey Cavalier had a lot more problems than who the cast members were. Shows get canceled every day with big cast members. I'm not sure if stars can fully carry a project anymore like they used to because of how much TV is offered now. Whiskey was not a unique show. There has probably been 100 shows on television exactly like it. I mean, maybe the only reason Whiskey got the viewers it did in the first place IS because of Lauren it's just that it needed more than her to carry it.

Lauren was asking for more money before she got picked up by another show. So it's not like she was using Whiskey to get more money. Lauren and AMC couldn't reach an agreement so Lauren branched out. It's normal in Hollywood to ask for pay increases after years of being on a show. AMC is just notoriously cheap but I think with AL gone and DG leaving they can easily afford to give her what she wants or at least a closer number than they were willing to give her before. And maybe they even did reach a deal around the end but it was too late because Whiskey Cavalier got picked up. It does seem like Kang & Cohan have a better relationship.

And I do think it was about more than just money for her. She was probably very unhappy about how her character on TWD was being used. I mean, same happened with Tom Payne. Being locked down for like 7+ months a year but going long periods of time without being used. Your career is just being wasted away at that point and if you've been Lauren and been on the show for like 8 years and you aren't being paid what you think you are worth then it can be very upsetting.

If anything TWD's position has changed. They are actually in a position now where they actually can give Maggie's character the time it deserves because of how the core cast is shrinking and Lauren no longer has to deal with Gimple making all the calls.

I'm very interested to see how the Michonne departure is going to be received by the audience because losing Rick was a big deal, the biggest single character loss the show will ever take BUT losing Michonne after just losing Rick might actually just kill the show. I mean, the audience is already struggling to find people to connect to as it is. Maggie returning is like the only thing that could at least help soften the blow.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I wasn't following the pay disputes Lauren had with AMC too much, but I really don't think she was or currently is in any... "position", to make any strong demands.
    I'm not Cohan fan at all but let be fair, actually she is in the position to make any strong demands about her future in TWD. When the information about Lauren leaving TWD came out, she was offered 12 scripts of new TV-shows, every single one of them with a lead role. So she has plenty of options to choose from. The truth is, she doesn't need TWD anymore but....TWD needs her, right now more than ever beacuse of Danai leaving.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Uhhh maybe the show isn’t dead yet. ABC is allegedly looking to reverse its cancellation

https://tvline.com/2019/05/23/whiske...-cancellation/

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    Fuck me.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Fuck me.
    You can still have hope. ABC reconsidered, but still decided to cancel it in the end.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...6VRRlO88ZJ2qCM

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    You can still have hope. ABC reconsidered, but still decided to cancel it in the end.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...6VRRlO88ZJ2qCM
    Makes sense. It was one of the lowest viewed things they had. It started very strong but kept falling with every single episode. I think they'd be more willing to renew if it started low but got bigger with each episode but Whiskey Cavalier stopped showing growth and that's not something you want to see in the first season of a show.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    I just hate to see Lauren feel wary of taking work outside TWD. I love Maggie, but I get Lauren wanting to do something different — even if it fails. Also lmao the writers having to write her back into the show, if she does come back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12