Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    So sick of this mentality. Nothing says, "We support women" like putting some of those 90,000 or so employees in the GA film industry out of work, and damaging the economy of the state they live in so a statement can be made and some CEO/actors feel good about themselves.

Baby seals get more support than pre-born babies, our priorities are so messed up.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    China is awful, worse even than Russia and that’s saying a lot. Canada is suffering as we speak from Chinese retaliation because the American government asked mine to detain the CFO of Huawei for extradition to the U.S. The Canadian government complied as it is bound by treaty to do. China is the rising superpower and soon enough will dominate the world. It’s already an economic superpower, and boycotts by film companies will do nothing. But China has nothing to do with this.

Boycotts can have an impact in smaller venues like American states, and this one is meant to benefit American women who will be adversely affected by these new laws. The whole point of a boycott is that the threat of economic and job losses will make a government change course. That’s exactly what Trump is doing with China, Venezuela, Iran, North Korea and now Mexico. It’s what he did to Canada. It’s always ordinary people who actually suffer. However I doubt that AMC will actually do more than pay lip service to the idea of leaving Georgia.

In Canada we have had no abortion laws whatsoever since ours was struck down by the Supreme Court of Canada decades ago, because no political party wants to touch this issue. Abortion is a medical procedure funded (usually) by provincial health care and is a matter between a woman and her doctor. The majority opinion here is pro-choice and even though some conservative types try to introduce restrictive laws now and again even the leader of the right-wing Conservative Party said recently he wouldn’t reopen the debate if elected later this year. It’s a losing issue.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nareen View Post
    China is awful, worse even than Russia and thatís saying a lot. Canada is suffering as we speak from Chinese retaliation because the American government asked mine to detain the CFO of Huawei for extradition to the U.S. The Canadian government complied as it is bound by treaty to do. China is the rising superpower and soon enough will dominate the world. Itís already an economic superpower, and boycotts by film companies will do nothing. But China has nothing to do with this.

Boycotts can have an impact in smaller venues like American states, and this one is meant to benefit American women who will be adversely affected by these new laws. The whole point of a boycott is that the threat of economic and job losses will make a government change course. Thatís exactly what Trump is doing with China, Venezuela, Iran, North Korea and now Mexico. Itís what he did to Canada. Itís always ordinary people who actually suffer. However I doubt that AMC will actually do more than pay lip service to the idea of leaving Georgia.

In Canada we have had no abortion laws whatsoever since ours was struck down by the Supreme Court of Canada decades ago, because no political party wants to touch this issue. Abortion is a medical procedure funded (usually) by provincial health care and is a matter between a woman and her doctor. The majority opinion here is pro-choice and even though some conservative types try to introduce restrictive laws now and again even the leader of the right-wing Conservative Party said recently he wouldnít reopen the debate if elected later this year. Itís a losing issue.
    While I agree with most of your post to say china has nothing to do with this is bullshit 101
    if youíre going to decry the evils as you see them then fuckin be equitable forced labor/death camps are a pretty horrible thing that oh .....I donít know might need a light shone on. But again money talks and these Hollywood cupcakes morals walk. You arenít righteous if you just say youíre right.
    Ita alwasys bout the dollars always the dollars

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I want to see them do it and not just put out this threat but actually do it. I don't believe they have the guts to actually do it. I can sense Norman Reedus sweating this out at this moment. LOL. Can you imagine him on this? Must be funny to see.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer Shane's Addiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow. They're against not killing babies. Go figure, I suppose. It is TWD we're talking about.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    They should have coat hanger and dumpstered the last 6 seasons of this show along with the last 92 issues of the comic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123