Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    When Carl was needlessly killed, it completely derailed the tv show. Now Kirkman gets the "bright" idea to do the mirror image in the comic and give Rick an underwhelming death. He claims that this was always the plan, yet I seem to remember him talking about having Rick until issue 300. It was in a letter column long ago and I might be mistaken.

Personally, I thought he ruined Rick by making him so physically weak after his final battle with Negan. He went from a one handed bad ass to someone a teenager could roll. At this point, no Rick isn't much of a loss because he isn't near what he used to be. Still don't like it though and using the failed tv series as a template is a recipe for disaster.

Still don't like them giving Rick such a piss poor death. I mentally checked out on this series years ago; I might just finally drop it. Feels like Kirkman is on the brink of ending it as well because he is completely bereft of any new ideas. I used to love this comic but that feels like another lifetime ago now.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't mind how Rick died. I kinda like how he died like he was a jobber instead of a badass hero because it just shows that everyone is human. Anyone with a gun can kill anyone in the right situation no matter what they've been through before.

What annoys me is more of how everything was set up and how everything seems to be handled after. Like there wasn't really any drama leading up to it and after it, it seems like they are just moving on from it all together and possibly bringing Negan in to make it the Negan show again. It's just a pretty weak way to handle the death of your main character of 16 years.

I also am kinda annoyed that he killed Dwight now. I really thought that killing Dwight would've changed him a bit but he only died a few issues after Dwight did. Feels like the Dwight death was unnecessary. In fact, if they just wanted Rick to be assassinated they could've actually had Dwight kill Rick the same way. We've always heard Rick was going to die and that the comic may only end up running to 300 issues so it seems like he'd probably die around now but the stuff that went down with Dwight made you think that maybe there was a little more story to tell with Rick. Dwight just feels wasted now. Which sucks because now there are only a few good characters left.

This is basically all of the characters left from the first 100 issues:

Coral
    Sophia
    Maggie
    Michonne
    Eugene
    Aaron
    Heath
    Jesus
    Negan

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm done. All interest in the comic is gone.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Only Negan can save us now

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rexmundi View Post
    When Carl was needlessly killed, it completely derailed the tv show. Now Kirkman gets the "bright" idea to do the mirror image in the comic and give Rick an underwhelming death. He claims that this was always the plan, yet I seem to remember him talking about having Rick until issue 300. It was in a letter column long ago and I might be mistaken.

Personally, I thought he ruined Rick by making him so physically weak after his final battle with Negan. He went from a one handed bad ass to someone a teenager could roll. At this point, no Rick isn't much of a loss because he isn't near what he used to be. Still don't like it though and using the failed tv series as a template is a recipe for disaster.

Still don't like them giving Rick such a piss poor death. I mentally checked out on this series years ago; I might just finally drop it. Feels like Kirkman is on the brink of ending it as well because he is completely bereft of any new ideas. I used to love this comic but that feels like another lifetime ago now.
    I couldnt have said it better.

I stopped giving the show ratings after Carls death. It didnt need to happen, and the show hurt because of it (IMO however ratings dont lie), once I found out AL was leaving I was done. The comic got stale about 126, but it had some potential to go back and be great, this killed it for me...Peace out comic

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick dying is the best thing that can happen to this stagnant series, you idiots.

Now we will never have to sit through his fucking community leader bullshit ever again which has been a complete waste of time for the past 100 issues.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    i knew rick was going to die, but how he died was sad...which was the point. he died alone, scared and defenseless. it was a very humanizing situation for a character that survived all those other conflicts.

i think sebastian being in a cell is lame, and should be killed which has to happen at some point

and whats kirkmans hard on for saying negan will NEVER come back?

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Negan
    save us

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I never wanted to see Rick as a walker. Man...

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick or not, the ongoing problem with this comic is that Kirkman is still writing it and he has grown into a hack. This comic pales in comparison to the one I fell in love with back in 2003 or so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123