1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level

Talking Dead Won't Re-Air Until Fear's MSF

https://undeadwalking.com/2019/06/05...season-finale/

In case anybody's wondered where Talking Dead has gone, it is on hiatus until Fear's MSF in July. The article speculates AMC put the show on hold because it gets such low ratings when another show, in this case NOS4A2, is run after Fear.

Something I didn't know is that the episode of TTD airing after Fear's season premiere was actually taped on March 31.

Oh well. I mostly enjoy Talking Dead, but not when it doesn't air right after the episode it's intended to discuss.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I was wondering about it. I hate when it’s not aired directly after the show.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    I think only Talking Dead for the OG show pulls in any good ratings now.

That's likely why they don't do it for other shows anymore. I remember at one point they were doing it for Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Preacher and Chris had his own series just called Talking but I think that one got canned because of those accusations at the time.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Anybody else wonder why AMC doesn't seem to realize there are 6 other days in a week when they can broadcast new episodes of their shows? I never understood why they had two new episodes on Sunday then absolutely nothing every other night. I know there was a short time when some of their crappier shows were on Tuesdays or something but nothing with regularity. I don't even like TWD or FTWD being on Sundays.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeTomahawk View Post
    Anybody else wonder why AMC doesn't seem to realize there are 6 other days in a week when they can broadcast new episodes of their shows? I never understood why they had two new episodes on Sunday then absolutely nothing every other night. I know there was a short time when some of their crappier shows were on Tuesdays or something but nothing with regularity. I don't even like TWD or FTWD being on Sundays.
    They're trying to force their largest audience of the week to watch something new. To me that doesn't speak well for their faith in the shows they've chosen to pick up and says much about their lack of respect for their viewing audience.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    It was announced that Talking Dead will actually return on July 21 after the MSP.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...dead-season-5/

Seems weird to me that they wouldn’t do one after the MSF. I also wonder if it’ll be weekly again or not until the season finale.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Interesting to find out what the TD ratings are for Fear

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    It was announced that Talking Dead will actually return on July 21 after the MSP.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...dead-season-5/

Seems weird to me that they wouldn’t do one after the MSF. I also wonder if it’ll be weekly again or not until the season finale.
    Actually, the article said it would air on July 21 after the MSF. The show will take a brief break and return somewhere around August 11. I don't know what the deal with Talking Dead will be during the back half, but I'm glad the hiatus will be brief.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Actually, the article said it would air on July 21 after the MSF. The show will take a brief break and return somewhere around August 11. I don't know what the deal with Talking Dead will be during the back half, but I'm glad the hiatus will be brief.
    It says both within the article, but I should’ve read it more carefully because I thought the date seemed off for a MSP. I’m guessing that since Fear has significantly lower ratings than TWD that Talking Dead will only be on after the premieres and finales going forward, but I definitely would’ve liked to have a Talking Dead after Dwight and Daniels appearances.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    It says both within the article, but I should’ve read it more carefully because I thought the date seemed off for a MSP. I’m guessing that since Fear has significantly lower ratings than TWD that Talking Dead will only be on after the premieres and finales going forward, but I definitely would’ve liked to have a Talking Dead after Dwight and Daniels appearances.
    Absolutely! I would have loved guest appearances by Ruben Blades and Austin Amelio and Matt Frewer! I actually enjoy Talking Dead for the most part. It's a rather important piece to the TWD universe puzzle, since more questions about the shows get answered on it than on the walking dead shows themselves!

I saw Hardwick's game show for the first time last Thursday night before the debate. I'm not big on game shows. Looks like he's staying busy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast