Forgot your username?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I finally read it. The ending was fine but a tad too sappy for me. Actually would have preferred his original ending where it goes from a closeup of Rick's face after a speech in Alexandria at the end of No Way Out to the face of his statue, but then revealing the whole place is overgrown and dilapidated and a walker shambles by. The dead win in the end as they always will. Morose endings rock.

I wish we could have seen the immediate aftermath of Rick's death because I would have liked to see Negan's reaction to it. I didn't notice how long the time jump was supposed to be. I've seen 30 years mentioned but I must have missed it in the comic. I loved Kirkman admitting he didn't have enough material to make it to 300 issues. Given the quality of his writing, issue 150 would have been a better length for this. I did LOL at Kirkman mentioning Princess as something we would have missed if he went with the original earlier ending. Princess? Seriously?

Oh well. I would say at least the tv series continues, but Gimple screwed the pooch with that. How much worse was his "brilliant" idea of killing Carl, especially in light of how Kirman's ending reaffirmed that this story was about Rick and Carl. Goodbye Walking Dead. You were once both my favorite tv show and comic. It's all just a bittersweet memory to me now.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rexmundi View Post

Goodbye Walking Dead. You were once both my favorite tv show and comic. It's all just a bittersweet memory to me now.
    Just play the Telltale game.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Kirkman is probably planning a Negan spinoff series that takes place 20+ years in the past. I don't know if it would star Negan but he'd probably at the very least be one of the main characters because It'd be pretty hard to have your lead character be a character as developed as Negan is.

Maybe the intent was to make the comic the Negan & Coral show but he saw some backlash because people were worried about him replacing Rick so he just decided to cut that out of the series and start a new series and instead of it focusing on Negan & Coral's relationship it'll focus on Negan's relationship with someone else. Just a thought but I mean, Kirkman even says "Negan Lives" at the end.

Also, AMC really FUKT up. I know it was always Rick & Coral's story but this ending really is all about Rick & Coral and basically no one else. The show no longer features either of them. It also doesn't have a Sophia (even lost Enid) and Michonne is about to leave as well. They were the 4 most important characters in the final issue (Rick was there in spirit) so I really have no idea how any of this could play out in the show. I don't even know who could even take Rick's death in the show because they need to be capable of pulling off a big speech and all the characters on the show right now are not the type of characters that give speeches. I suppose the show can still do the Maggie, Hershel, Lydia and Eugene stuff but that's about it. Even if Rick returned it wouldn't be the same because Rick has been missing for 6 years. There is only maybe 50 people that even know who Rick is and even though he made an impact on them that's not exactly changing the world. Judith could I suppose take on the Coral role but they really have to start developing her in a major way if they want to get to that.

I would be very surprised if Kirkman didnt return to the world of walking dead later down the line, via Negan. After maggie left him alive, he still managed to survive all those years. He apparently lives outside the safe zone in the final issue so there has to be stories of what he went through, who he met / killed etc

and what happened to magna and the rest of those characters?

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    Magna & Yumiko are in the final issue for like 1 panel.

Even if they did do a Negan spinoff that doesn't mean he has to be the only character to return. There is at least 20 years of untold story even before the final issue. Other characters could get a spinoff or Negan could get a spinoff and run in to some old faces.

I'm pretty sure Rick's story is done and probably Coral's (unless he got a small cameo in a Negan comic) but I have a hard time believing that this is the end of The Walking Dead universe in comics. Even if there is a bit of a break until the next project.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    some of the other characters sound boring though.
    maggie was described as a neglectful mom while becoming a president and michonne worked in law. The other guy, sheriff capoor could be something, but thats asking alot of an audience to just accept a palette swapped rick

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ChokingVictim87 View Post
    WTF happened to Lydia?!
    She's around. They slept in a tent together and Lydia was tryin to get a little somethin somethin which would mean they both cheat, Carl is a major dick to her as per Carl.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ff789n10 View Post
    She's around. They slept in a tent together and Lydia was tryin to get a little somethin somethin which would mean they both cheat, Carl is a major dick to her as per Carl.
    Yeah I wonder what happened between Carl and Lydia that lead to them breaking up. Its obvious Lydia still likes Carl

8. Back To Top    #58
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    More to the point, how did Sophia get out of the friend zone? That pussy must be off the charts.

9. Back To Top    #59
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I've never read the comics, but I'm wondering how there are so few walkers left? Isn't everyone infected and when anyone dies they're gonna turn? Does this issue explain how they contain that?

10. Back To Top    #60
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I’ve never read the comics, but this has me feeling a little sad, despite how much I hate the show, it’s sad. TWD used to be my life, now I don’t even know what season it’s on. The comics are done and I doubt the show will go on much longer. I’m sure they’ll move Carol and Daryl to the movies and end it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456