Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level

There is a Real Opportunity for a Walking Dead Reboot Now (Comic Spoilers)

I'm not saying to do it now or any time soon but the show has diverged so much from the source material and honestly made a lot of dumb choices that they really could reboot the entire series with different actors and it would feel like a different experience.

I don't know what AMC's deal with Kirkman actually is because I would hope they wouldn't be in charge of it. I'm not sure if they own the TV rights forever or if they only own them as long as this series is going but I think a 10-13 episodes per season Walking Dead series that recreated the stuff in the comics could be very interesting.

If you think about it, the show never really followed the source material that closely. The closest they've ever followed it was during the Negan arc and the very first episode but that's basically it. They hit the same locations and storylines but they changed a lot of the stuff that happened in them.

Now that the comic is done they also wouldn't have to worry about catching up to it and being forced to create filler storylines. They could probably tell the whole story in 7 seasons instead of the 12+ they are dragging it out to be and in 7 seasons less actors would be trying to leave.

Season 1 = Atlanta + Winter + Farm
    Season 2 = Prison + Governor
    Season 3 = The Hunters + Marauders + Alexandria
    Season 4 = Scavengers + No Way Out + Negan Introduction
    Season 5 = All Out War
    Season 6 = Time Jump + Whisperers
    Season 7 = The Commonwealth

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    A Walking Dead reboot could work...eventually, but IMO it would have to happen 20 years from now (if the shows not still on by then) when some time has passed for people to forget everything that’s made them sour on the franchise and grow nostalgic for what they actually loved about it. If it were to happen I see it being an animated series which would allow for more freedom to have new locations and an actual winter that doesn’t last one episode.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    A Walking Dead reboot could work...eventually, but IMO it would have to happen 20 years from now (if the shows not still on by then) when some time has passed for people to forget everything that’s made them sour on the franchise and grow nostalgic for what they actually loved about it. If it were to happen I see it being an animated series which would allow for more freedom to have new locations and an actual winter that doesn’t last one episode.
    There is also a pretty big zombie fatigue going on right now but that'll go away eventually.

A animated series would be cool. I just don't know if there is a market there for it. That's why even today you don't see many adult cartoons. Especially non comedy ones. Unless it's anime but anime is pretty polarizing too.

As for AMC's stink on it, I just think someone other than AMC has to do it and then that won't be a problem anymore. Still gotta get past the zombie fatigue and give people a break from the franchise for a while but AMC and Gimple were the ones that screwed that up and losing Rick & Coral was a huge mistake. Either HBO or Netflix would be good choices.

And snow is possible to have in more than just one episode. AMC is still just very fucking cheap. LOL. Half of Season 1 could be the winter if they wanted because a majority of what happens in the first 2 seasons of the show doesn't even happen in the comics. They reach the prison pretty early on.