Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Bates Motel

1. Back To Top    #401
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Won't be watching on time because of BCS..it seems to be airing twice though..so I'll watch it after. I pray Dylan doesn't die

2. Back To Top    #402
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Was ok

3. Back To Top    #403
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    The finale was kinda disappointing. IMO they went the 'safe' route. I enjoyed the last scene with Dylan and Norman, it was emotional, but idk I guess I had hyped myself up for something more than what was given.

I personally think the show had too happy of an ending. In a series where one of the main characters get raped in the very first episode I just pictured a darker ending.

4. Back To Top    #404
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Exceptional finale! 10/10. Rest In Peace Alex Romero :( His death was sad but I'm glad he's no longer suffering

Pros
    - Romero talking to Norma's body was depressing as fuck. But a beautiful scene at the same time
    - Remo returning to help Dylan
    - The mom and her 2 sons escaping the motel
    - Dylan talking to Emma on the phone. Beautiful scene
    - It's nice to know Dylan never gave up on Norman..not even in the end
    - Dylan, Emma and their daughter alive and doing extremely well together

Cons
    - Dylan not finding out about Caleb. That irks me. Not enough to taint the episode though

Norman dying is so relieving. I'd be so unsatisfied if he was locked away for the rest of his life. He didn't deserve that. He's a good guy deep down. This is literally the best ending for all of the characters..I couldn't be more happy about this. Then when he died and ran into Norma's arms and turned into a kid. That was great tv. Twd better take notes. What a great ending to a great series

5. Back To Top    #405
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    Such an amazing series finale.

Shows like TWD need to take notes

6. Back To Top    #406
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Couple things left unfinished: Bradley's body was never found or mentioned when it should have. Dr. Edwards being missing was mentioned but never concluded. Chic's book never came to fruition so his death lacked meaning. Dylan never found out about his father. I feel like a lot of the finale (callbacks to s1, dylan dicking around in the bar with some no name female, the gun scene, the family checking into the motel/dylan telling them to leave) could have been and should have been removed in favor of closing out these loose threads. Underwhelming finale.

7. Back To Top    #407
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed And Kwam-fused View Post
    Couple things left unfinished: Bradley's body was never found or mentioned when it should have. Dr. Edwards being missing was mentioned but never concluded. Chic's book never came to fruition so his death lacked meaning. Dylan never found out about his father. I feel like a lot of the finale (callbacks to s1, dylan dicking around in the bar with some no name female, the gun scene, the family checking into the motel/dylan telling them to leave) could have been and should have been removed in favor of closing out these loose threads. Underwhelming finale.
    Just because we didn't see it didn't mean it didn't happen afterwards. Mentioning Bradley would've been pointless given the fact that her mom and friends didn't give a shit about her. I agree about Caleb and Chick though.

8. Back To Top    #408
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm sad that it's over and am really going to miss Bates Motel. I liked the finale, but was somewhat disappointed that we got a relatively happy ending instead of a darker one and I would've like to have seen a few loose ends tied up. I feel like Romero's storyline was kinda wasted and he was killed too soon in the episode. The moment when Dylan saw Norma was priceless though. Overall it was a great final season and I'm going to miss seeing this cast together. Such a great cast.

9. Back To Top    #409
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll be honest here and say I hated the ending when the show ended. HATED it! As creepy and messed up as Norman was, I wanted him to live. I don't know why, but I did. I LIKED Norman. Not the Norma/Norman hybrid that came about over time, but that goofy kid we saw in the first season like we saw tonight when Norman tried to reboot what happened and start over with Dylan.

Was that not the saddest thing ever? My heart ached for Norman that he wanted a do over and make it right, or so it seemed to me.

After a while thinking about it though, the show ended beautifully and as it should have because Dylan did the right thing. He set his brother free so he could be with Norma in death and that's what Norman wanted most of all and Dylan gave that to him. Had Norman lived, he would have been miserable and alone. Even after all the shit Norman did, Dylan was a good brother and took care of his younger sibling. Great job by both actors, I loved it!!

Thank you Bates Motel for a great series!!!

10. Back To Top    #410
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    I loved the series finale and thought that it was great that instead of remixing the ending yet again and having Norman being alive and alone either in recluse running the Motel or in a mental facility

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huner with a T View Post
    The finale was kinda disappointing. IMO they went the 'safe' route. I enjoyed the last scene with Dylan and Norman, it was emotional, but idk I guess I had hyped myself up for something more than what was given.

I personally think the show had too happy of an ending. In a series where one of the main characters get raped in the very first episode I just pictured a darker ending.
    The true safe route would have been relying solely on the source material and film either copying or remixing the ending with Norman somewhere alone and miserable. On the flip side I honestly don't think it was really a happy ending at all. The events that took place throughout the series and in the finale will weigh on characters like Dylan in the future

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.