Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    LOL everything is going to go to shit because Carol made eye contact with a psychotic woman who wears the skin of dead people and thinks she is the alpha of a wolf pack?

Appeasement never works in the long run.
    Carol has been back for like 5 seconds and is already provoking the bear and it's not just her that is in danger.

I swear if Eugene or Rosita die because Carol just HAD to make eye contact with Alpha...

I... I will write about it on the internet. That is a threat.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Carol has been back for like 5 seconds and is already provoking the bear and it's not just her that is in danger.

I swear if Eugene or Rosita die because Carol just HAD to make eye contact with Alpha...

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This is the first episode I've watched fully since the mid-season premiere in season 8. It seems to be a bit better quality than season 8 and 7 but nothing like the show used to be. Just the fact that over 350 people were voting on these in season 5 and now there's 30 here tells you enough. They killed this show and then went and killed Fear too.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Avery View Post
    Loved it. Loved Eugene! Loved the Carol & Daryl chat. Things I didn't like: I still think Siddiq was in on the capture. Daryl can nail a zombie but not a clean drop shot to a deer? The amount of blood in the zombie Carol cut the throat of that doused the fire ... whoa. lol Eh???
    I found that confusing - like, that blood looked fresh. And there was a lot of it. I wondered for a second if it was actually a Whisperer, but now I think it was just clumsy writing. I didn't like that whole fire-fighting scene.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    Whelp, I gave it a 2. I'd give it a 10 if this was the eye roll scale.

This rating makes my 6 look overly generous but in my defense, I've been watching a lot of bad tv lately (Van Helsing, Riverdale, etc....) so TWD is on par or maybe even slightly better. Key word being slightly.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

I do agree that Carol shouldn't have crossed the line. I have no problems with her attitude of not wanted to be held to crazy rules by another crazy group but, if I am correct, she's not there a good deal of the time anymore. She's on a boat and planning on going back out. If she's not going to be around much, she shouldn't flirt with making consequences or potential messes for other people to have to clean up.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think Carol crossed the border, though, did she? She was on their side of the line and not expecting to see Alpha when she emerged (thought they were gone). They crossed the border, but they did it to fight the fire.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MT47 View Post
    I don't think Carol crossed the border, though, did she? She was on their side of the line and not expecting to see Alpha when she emerged (thought they were gone). They crossed the border, but they did it to fight the fire.

They all crossed the border to fight the fire - there were a few discussions on the possible repercussions and Aaron told Michonne his hopes that the whisperers might overlook it because putting out the fire helped them too. But Carol wasn't fighting the fire when she saw Alpha. She and Daryl went to the cliff and saw the herd was gone. Daryl walked away so he didn't see Alpha and was not seen by her. But Carol stayed. She saw Alpha coming out of the trees and had plenty of time to get away - or even duck down so she couldn't be seen - but she chose to stay and challenge Alpha with a stare down instead.

I think that Carol challenging Alpha so directly might be a bigger problem than the group crossing the border to fight the fire. They can say they only did it to fight the fire and left the area as soon as it was out but Alpha saw Carol on that cliff - away from the fire after it was out. Alpha can use that against them now because Carol handed her an easy excuse to attack them.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I meant I thought when Carol was on the cliff, she was on their side of the border, not Alpha's. I know they all crossed the border to fight the fire. Was the cliff on Alpha's side of the border?

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MT47 View Post
    I meant I thought when Carol was on the cliff, she was on their side of the border, not Alpha's. I know they all crossed the border to fight the fire. Was the cliff on Alpha's side of the border?
    Yes. That's the same cliff where Alpha took Daryl to show him that massive herd in 9x15 - and then directed him to the pike border she'd made so they could go back to their side with orders not to cross it again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast