Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

Gimple Speaks Out on Rick Grimes Movie Trilogy's Connection to the TV Universe

If you're intrigued by the spin-off movies but totally put off by the prospect of watching seasons upon seasons of TV (and let's face it, not all seasons were good) to know what's going on, then you don't need to worry, as franchise overseer Scott M Gimple has revealed the films will only be loosely connected to the TV show.

"This is for everyone," he said on The Hollywood Reporter's 'TV's Top 5' podcast, revealing that newcomers won't need to know anything beforehand to enjoy the first film outing.

"We have to honour the fans of the show, absolutely, but I don't think that's mutually exclusive to letting other people in.

"And if this is the very first Walking Dead thing they've ever seen, they'll enjoy it. They'll be like, 'Whoa, that was a crazy zombie movie. Is there other Walking Dead stuff? I think I've heard that before'. I mean, that is the idea," he added.

But don't worry, long term fans! There will also be plenty of little things to reward your investment into the series as well, with Gimple citing Hugh Jackman's Wolverine swansong Logan as a prime example of what they're hoping to achieve.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...n-tv-universe/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    I could careless about the Rick movies. If it was on tv I might watch it not sure if I will leave the house and drive somewhere to watch.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I could careless about the Rick movies. If it was on tv I might watch it not sure if I will leave the house and drive somewhere to watch.
    Same here. It's not that I wouldn't want to see it, but the movie theater experience is, to me, a huge turnoff. Parking and walking half a mile from the car to the theater just don't appeal to me. I'll gladly pay to watch it on Amazon Prime when it's available.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Jaywalking Loiterer ShanesAddiction's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't get how you can have 3 Rick movies without it tying into the show that much. Then again if it did that would be redundant and boring. Seriously, why the heck?