Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

There's Something About ... (Possible Spoilers)

Dante.

Doesn't it seem like Dante came out of nowhere ? I don't remember seeing him prior to the episode "The Calm before" . So what group is Dante originally from?

Has Dante been seen talking 👄 directly to anyone other than Siddiq? In ghost it look like Dante was talking to Daryl,and Michonne, but they barely acknowledged his presence. They look in his direction, but neither spoke directly to him. So have you seen Dante hang out with anyone beside Siddiq?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    There was a bit of a time jump after the storm.

Also, The Kingdom is no more so maybe some people from The Kingdom moved to Alexandria.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Michonne and Daryl both reacted to his telling them that Carol is ok.
    But who knows?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Dixon View Post
    Michonne and Daryl both reacted to his telling them that Carol is ok.
    But who knows?
    Did they? Look again. Dante is standing directly behind Siddiq. So while it seem like they are talking to Dante they are just looking in the direction of Siddiq. Then there's a scene in which Michonne is talking to Siddiq , Dante comes over and Michonne walks right past him ,and didn't say a word. So it occurred to me that I have never seen Dante prior to "The Calm before ". The groups hasn't been in contact with each other for some time. So it's hard to tell if someone is from another group, or if they are a whisper. Alpha showed up at the fair claiming that she was from another group. She walked and talk with Ezekiel and no one notice . So that is why I ask what group is Dante from? Have anyone ever seen him prior to the episode The Calm before "? ,and have been shown to have a one on one conversation with anyone other than Siddiq?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by luvprue1 View Post
    Did they? Look again. Dante is standing directly behind Siddiq. So while it seem like they are talking to Dante they are just looking in the direction of Siddiq. Then there's a scene in which Michonne is talking to Siddiq , Dante comes over and Michonne walks right past him ,and didn't say a word. So it occurred to me that I have never seen Dante prior to "The Calm before ". The groups hasn't been in contact with each other for some time. So it's hard to tell if someone is from another group, or if they are a whisper. Alpha showed up at the fair claiming that she was from another group. She walked and talk with Ezekiel and no one notice . So that is why I ask what group is Dante from? Have anyone ever seen him prior to the episode The Calm before "? ,and have been shown to have a one on one conversation with anyone other than Siddiq?
    So...he's a manifestation of Siddiq's ptsd? Interesting theory! I quite like it.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    So...he's a manifestation of Siddiq's ptsd? Interesting theory! I quite like it.
    I think Dante is a manifestation of siddiq 's ptsd, or he's a whisper that they let in because Siddiq vouch for him.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    That IS interesting, Thank You.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd really like this if it is true, and what a great catch @luvprue1. Reminds me of, "I see dead people" /Sixth Sense.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    I like the Shyamalan-esque theory of Dante being a figment of Siddiq's imagination. As for the whole traitor conspiracy, there's no foundation for it and no reason for it which, to me, is the only thing that supports the possibility!

What do the Whisperers have that Siddiq would want? They might covet his medical skills, and I could see a situation in which Alpha commanded Siddiq to treat a sick or injured Whisperer while he was held captive with the others, which might increase his guilt since Alpha might have spared him in exchange for his services (in addition to wanting a survivor to return to our guys to let them know what brutal savages the Whisperers are). Had Siddiq wanted the kind of life the Whisperers led, he would have simply left and joined them. Whisperers' philosophy is that our guys' lifestyle is fantastical and nonsustainable and something they don't want. They came from the pre ZA real world and they've met the Hilltop and seen inside the Kingdom. They already know the kind of life our guys want, but they don't want it.

Do they need a spy? Why? They know what our guys are doing which is no threat to them. Whisperers' bullying, murderous and otherwise is going to be the death of them eventually. How is Siddiq supposed to know where they are and trek out to tell them our guys have crossed the line? And how does he do it while remaining with our guys? Again, a satisfactory answer to the WHY would be required for it to even be a viable opinion. I've wracked my brain and can't come up with a why or any action in Siddiq's past that such a betrayal would suddenly illuminate.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    I could see, in addition to the imaginary Dante, a scenario to reveal that Siddiq was given the option to kill his friends humanely, one by one, outside the presence of the others instead of having the Whisperers butcher them in some sort of Gareth-esque trough lineup. He may have done that to spare his friends the horror. Who knows. Perhaps survivor's guilt alone is sufficient to send Siddiq over the PTSD edge, but a Sophie's choice type of deal for Siddiq would be a real twist.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast