Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

TWD Star Expects Action, Adventure and New Walkers in Rick Grimes Movies

The Walking Dead star Pollyanna McIntosh, whose Jadis/Anne next returns alongside Andrew Lincoln in the franchise’s first movie, expects action, adventure, twists and new walkers when audiences learn what happened to the vanished Rick Grimes. Anne was last seen fishing a gravely wounded Rick out of a river after he nearly perished in a bridge explosion when halting a walker horde, whisking him away aboard a helicopter belonging to a shadowy organization known only as CRM. The film’s first teaser trailer, released during San Diego Comic-Con in July, appeared to hint Rick has been relocated to Philadelphia, possibly the site of one of three major civilizations represented by CRM’s three-circle symbol.

“I am expecting a lot of action and adventure, twists, as per usual. I’m sure there will be new walkers to see, because this is in a different place,” McIntosh told Red Carpet News TV. “And as we’ve seen with Jadis before, she had these weaponized walkers unlike any we’ve seen before, so I’m excited to see what [TWD special effects makeup artist Greg] Nicotero comes up with in that regard and these new versions of walkers that we’ll be able to see.”

“And to get Rick back,” she added. “I really want to see Rick again, so I’m excited about that.”

Fans can also expect a different kind of experience when watching these first Walking Dead movies on the big screen, made possible through a partnership with Universal Pictures.

“Walking Dead’s always been very filmic, obviously it’s shot on film, which is highly unusual these days. I think that the experience of being in a cinema with a large group of people watching it is what’s most exciting to me,” McIntosh said. “Because not only do you get a better visual experience in the cinema, but also, my experience with the fans is that they really love the fan family element of the show and that community, and finding your own community. And so the fans all being in the cinema, that’s just very exciting.”

Creator Robert Kirkman, said to be heavily involved with the project, previously told ComicBook.com the movies would offer “more spectacle” than the television show, now airing its tenth season on AMC.

Full article

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not sure where I read this, but I agree with the person who commented that the new film is giving some "Umbrella Corporation" vibes, especially the weaponized monsters. I hope it turns out to be different.

I find the comments about finding the community kind of laughable. TWD community was vibrant, and enormous, until Gimple started killing the franchise. We all had already found each other and enjoyed it, so I'm not sure what the point of her spin is.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I am really doubting that I have any interest in this after I see Michonne's departure. I also can't stand Jadis and that makes me even less interested that she of all people, is by Rick, in this disjointed story. This ship has sailed for me. They've messed too much up in the original.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree @Rickyl. Jadis is not a draw at all-the entire garbage people were a bizarre addition to the story and I would sooner forget it than relive any of it. Michonne won't be in the first movie because it starts right after Rick is taken.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll watch it if its in theatres

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    I kinda want to go see it in the theater just to see how many people actually show up for it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    lol I had completely forgotten all about Jadis. As I thought she and the junkyard people had one of the worst arcs of the show, its not a big draw for me to spend $$ going to the theater. I had thought they were to be tv movies so I'll most likely wait until they are on dvd.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I kinda want to go see it in the theater just to see how many people actually show up for it.
    You and the 4 other people in the theater could give us a review lol

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    I would be surprised if its even in a theater near me or even in my state lol

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder if it will only be in select theaters or have a limited showing. They'll need some gimmick to sell tickets. and fill seats. I'll wait
    until it's OnDemand.