1. Back To Top    #1

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level
    Additional info about the actors bailing on WSC

Speaking back in June, star Angel Theory (Kelly) was a little more explicit about why actors don’t want to go to these events:

One thing I can say is I genuinely enjoyed my time doing it, I love getting to engage with the fans and talk to you guys and get to meet y’all and take goofy, silly photos, it’s supposed to be a fun thing. It’s supposed to be fun for the both of us — for the fans and for the actors themselves. However, it is not fun when it comes to not getting paid from the Walker Stalker company, what is owed to the actors. Just like you guys, y’all not getting y’all refunds back, the actors are not getting paid.
    Things got worse at a recent Walker Stalker Con in Atlanta, where Angel Theory — who is hard of hearing — had an unsettling interaction with a security guard. Star Nadine Marissa (Nabila) gave her account of what happened in a series of videos. It began when a guard approached Angel while she was playing with Nova, her service dog. “So Angel’s playing around with Nova, the security guard begins to scream at her to ‘Stop, pick up the dog,’ in a very demeaning manner,” Marissa said. “Enough that he caused a commotion. Now, all of this could have been avoided if the security guard walked up to tap her, to ask her to pick Nova up. And it would have been over. That’s not what happened. The security guard started yelling at her in a demeaning tone, to get the dog. ‘Stop, stop, stop!’”

Now also, if this security guard was provided the information that she was hearing impaired, he would have known that she doesn’t speak that way. She can’t hear you. So he continued to pretty much verbally assault her, and say, ‘Pick up the dog, you’re not listening to me.’ Well, Angel sees that there’s a commotion going — remember, at this point, Angel still cannot hear. She physically cannot hear. So all she sees is a commotion happening. She picks up Nova and she walks over. So when she walks over to try to understand what’s going on, there’s no interpreter there to explain to her that something needs to happen.

Things escalated from there, with “police officers in full gear holding pretty much assault rifles” showing up at the scene, according to Marissa. “As that’s happening, of course, the officers who are carrying guns are walking up, trying to see what’s happening. That’s what their job is, to walk up and see what’s happening. Can you imagine, being deaf, not knowing what’s happening, you turn around, and there are two to three officers standing behind you, holding rifles?”

Marissa also accuses CEO Jamie Frazier, who was nearby, of failing to deescalate the situation or secure an ASL interpreter for Angel.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I have no idea what is going on with the Walker Stalker convention, but the whole police situation sounds ridiculous. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but this sounds dramatically enhanced, to me. I am also wondering if Angel Theory's agent/rep made sure there was to be an ASL interpreter available for her client as part of the agreement she was committed to.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Meh.

Had to die eventually.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Waa the so called actors are pissed they aren’t gettin their cut from rippin off the dopey nerds. Notice no talk of why charge so much that these poor can’t get rights who just want a pic with Norman have to sell their bodily fluids to fund it. No, it all comes down to the dollars if everybody was gettin their beaks wet fairly, then gouging the basement dwellers wouldn’t even come to mind
    As for that totally over dramatized account of a deaf broad not hearing something. I’m sure assault rifles aren’t pulled out at a stupid TWD convention (although losing some of these glorified extras in a hail of gunfire wouldn’t be a bad thing) it’s just a bullshit move to hawk em for more cash

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    America the crybaby nation. This is probably the reason Kelly is getting killed off.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    Is Norman still licking people's faces?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)