1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level

Episode 10x05 "What It Always Is" Q & A

From the spoiler ninjas -

Who is the goodest boy ever!? Time to find out - it's spoiler time! A HUGE thank yoU to our wonderful source giving us the goods once again!

1. What communities are featured in this episode?

Hilltop and the Whisperers.

2. What supplies are missing from Hilltop? Do we find out what happened to them?

A crate of fish from Oceanside and a quarter of the medical supplies are mentioned. Yes, we do. More on that later.

3. Who released Negan from his cell?

We don't know exactly, but apparently not Brandon because he also asks Negan about it to no avail.

4. We see that Brandon has followed Negan. Why? And how do those interactions go? Does Negan kill him like in the comics?

This dude is straight-up psycho. He seems to have all these weird, twisted fantasies about Negan and the Saviors. I know these Q&A's are supposed to be the mother of spoilers, but the stupid shit he says and does kinda makes me want to not spoil it to not ruin the fun. He leads Negan to a place where he thinks can be the New Sanctuary. He puts barbed wire on a baseball bat and presents it to Negan "as a gift" along with his leather jacket that he says he found in the back of a storage garage. And yes, Negan does kill him, thank God.

5. Who is the lady Negan saves on the bus?

Some random lady and her son. After Brandon and Negan save them from some walkers inside the bus, Negan blows Brandon off, saying he should go wherever the hell he wants, as long as he doesn't have to see his creepy-ass face anymore. Negan then has a nice little chat with the boy (redemption arc much), goes to gather wood for a fire to make dinner. He comes back to find a psychotic Brandon whistling, rambling on how Negan sending him away was a test and that he actually wanted to see if he had the balls to do what it takes, which for him was to kill the boy and his mother, which is what he did. Upon seeing this, Negan kills him. Just as he's about to say "I am Neg--".

6. Does Negan end up at the Whisperer camp?

YES! He takes the new Lucille, crossing the border and yelling out to get the Whisperers' attention, and sure enough, Beta comes along.

7. What is Ezekielís secret?

Apparently, he has thyroid cancer. He shows Siddiq a lump on his throat. He says that when he was growing up, his grandmother and his father fought it and won because the survival rate for thyroid cancer is 98%, but times were different back then with all the treatment options, and now, there's nothing to be done for him.

8. Whatís going on at the Whisperer camp? What are they planning?

We see what Alpha means by a change in strategy. She tells the Whisperers that when the enemy's world starts to collapse, the smart ones will know where to come and that they will be waiting. She also tells Gamma that "the metal man can be useful", implying that they will attempt to use Gamma to get to Aaron. More on this on Q10.

9. Do we find out if the Whisperers set up the walker attacks on the communities?

Yes. It turns out they were responsible for both the walker attacks and the falling of the tree. And damming (and maybe contaminating) the creek. Again, more on this on Q10.

10. Aaron appears briefly in the promo. What is he doing?

He sees Gamma killing and disemboweling a walker near the creek, turning it on its side to both block the flow of the water. I don't know if this makes sense but somehow, from what I can tell, contaminating it (because she makes sure that the walker's innards are in the water). Later on, he sees her for a second time. Gamma cuts her hand, and Aaron throws her some bandages. He asks her for her name, tells her his name, tells her that he's from Vermont, asks her where she's from, she flees mid-sentence.

11. What happens during Daryl and Connieís search for Kelly? Do they find her and make it back to Hilltop?

Magna is also searching with them. Kelly is badly beaten up, so Daryl thinks they should find some place closer to take her. Kelly tells Magna to "tell them", and when they take them to a stash, we learn that the two of them were responsible for the thefts.

12. Is Kelly ok?

Yes.

13. What is the goodest boy Dog doing in this episode?

The goodest of all good boys finds Kelly.

14. Does anyone die?

Some walkers and fucking Brandon.

15. Are there any shocks or surprises?

I'd say Ezekiel's cancer is the biggest surprise.

16. How does the episode end?

With Negan telling Beta "Alright, you big-ass freak. Let's do this."

17. Does anything else interesting happen?

A few things:

- Daryl and Connie interact a lot more, there's even a little bit of hand-holding. He tells her a funny story about him and Merle. They also connect a bit after bringing Kelly back safely.

- Magna and Yumiko have a big falling-out after Yumiko finds out that Magna was the one stealing supplies. They talk a bit about how Magna ended up in prison, by her account, 13 years ago. Apparently, she had a young cousin, a man hurt her, and Magna went after him for it.

- When Daryl and Siddiq come back from looking for Negan, Daryl asks Ezekiel if he's going to ask him about Carol, he straight-up says "NAH". Afterwards, when Siddiq and Dante are talking over the radio, Siddiq tells Dante to go get Carol and gets up. Ezekiel sits in front of the radio, but when he hears footsteps and the sound of a chair coming from the other side, he abruptly turns it off.

- I don't know if this means anything for the future, but Dante mentions Rosita having caught a small bug back in Alexandria.

UPDATE 10/31/2019

EDIT:

Siddiq is still very hopeful for Ezekiel!! He gets into with him and tells Zeke they canít know for sure what it is without proper tests. Ezekiel insists that he can because of his family history. Dr. Diq tells him even if thatís the case, itís still manageable. He uses this as an opportunity to further connect with Ezekiel, and tells him that heís been struggling with his own condition since the barn. He says that maybe they canít escape this stuff but they can still talk about it and be there for each other.

A little bit more on the thievery situation from our source:

The only explanation for the thefts is that "Magna doesn't trust them". When they go to the stash, Daryl asks Connie if he knew about this, Connie says no, and when Magna starts signing something, Daryl asks Connie what she's saying, and Magna says "I said I don't trust you". So Daryl scolds her a little bit, saying that Hilltop took them in, and there are children and mouths to be fed, but she goes and steals from them. "All you're good for is talking shit."

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1743 Post(s)
    Level
    Only think that sounds interesting is the Negan stuff. Oh and Magna and Kelly stealing supplies I did not see that coming. I wish it would have been Connie it would have made her interesting and not such a Mary Sue.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    The Negan scenes sound pretty good and that last bit about Rosita is possibly worrying for her future.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Ezekiel and Rosita only survive the pikes so that they can be deaths that pad out tragedy and Season 10 time? I guess that's better given who they have to say goodbye to, but letting both reach Season 11 would've been bolder

Not a bad remix of Brandon, how was he NOT the person to unlock Negan's cell though? Guess it makes sense since Brandon didn't seem to care about the Whisperers and yet Negan's resolute on a mission towards them

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    The Negan scenes sound pretty good and that last bit about Rosita is possibly worrying for her future.
    It'd be weird to have 2 characters dealing with separate bad illnesses in the same season.

Maybe Rosita just gets sick so they can write her off for a while. I know Christian got cast in another project so maybe this is their way of working around it without killing her. Maybe her new series is only meant to be 1 season. And Lennie James has somehow managed to do multiple shows at the same time and he is featured far more than Rosita. If he can do it so could she.

I think at this point, AMC will do anything they can to keep whatever longtime characters they have left. They didn't have a choice with AL and DG because they don't want to do it anymore.

This is why they never killed Maggie so that LC could return later. This is why they haven't killed Negan off even when JDM's movie roles hurt the shooting schedule. This is why they tried to work around DG's Marvel schedule. They don't have fucking anybody left.

Daryl and Carol = 10 Seasons
    Maggie = 9 Seasons
    Judith (different actress) = 8 Seasons (technically she was created in S1)
    Eugene and Rosita = 7 Seasons
    Gabriel and Aaron = 6 Seasons

These are all the big characters that remain from the first 5 seasons that are still on the show.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    I just skimmed it and it sounds ok I guess. Kind of like all the other episodes.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it sounds ok, too, maybe it will be a good test of my new tolerance for Negan .

Can Eugene find some radioactive iodine for Ezekiel??? I'm on the edge of my seat!

I am interested to see how Maggie reacts to Negan when she returns, and what position on the good guy/bad guy scale he occupies at that time.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Why are they stealing supplies?
    And who is Brandon?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Squirrel Hunter JackietheStripper's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Interesting the whole thing with Ezekiel, I thought a couple of weeks ago that we haven't seen anyone get really sick with something like cancer so it's "nice" to see that aspect in a zombie apocalypse. I think it's sad too though, I know that many people don't like the character but he's one of my favourites.
    And thanks for reminding me that I need to go to the doctor to make sure that my thyroid-medication is doing its job. =P

I freaking knew that something would happen to Rosita.. I hope she doesn't die though.

Negan vs. Beta, woop woop!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Updated the OP

From the spoiler ninjas -

EDIT:

Siddiq is still very hopeful for Ezekiel!! He gets into with him and tells Zeke they can’t know for sure what it is without proper tests. Ezekiel insists that he can because of his family history. Dr. Diq tells him even if that’s the case, it’s still manageable. He uses this as an opportunity to further connect with Ezekiel, and tells him that he’s been struggling with his own condition since the barn. He says that maybe they can’t escape this stuff but they can still talk about it and be there for each other.

A little bit more on the thievery situation from our source:

The only explanation for the thefts is that "Magna doesn't trust them". When they go to the stash, Daryl asks Connie if he knew about this, Connie says no, and when Magna starts signing something, Daryl asks Connie what she's saying, and Magna says "I said I don't trust you". So Daryl scolds her a little bit, saying that Hilltop took them in, and there are children and mouths to be fed, but she goes and steals from them. "All you're good for is talking shit."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast