Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level

Why Viewers Wont Be Able To Watch The Third The Walking Dead Series On Netflix Or

Since we don't yet have a section for the new series in the TWD universe, I'll put this article here.

https://uproxx.com/tv/walking-dead-s...-hulu-netflix/

Up until now, AMC Networks which operates AMC, IFC, BBC America, Sundance TV and several other properties has been something of a free agent in the impending streaming wars. The media company has been well positioned to license out its properties to the highest bidder. The Walking Dead, for instance, streams on Netflix, as does Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad; Fear the Walking Dead streams on Hulu; and BBC America will be licensing Doctor Who to HBO Max when that service arrives in May 2020.

With The Walking Dead streaming on Netflix and Fear on Hulu, some may be wondering where the new The Walking Dead spin-off due out in the Spring 2020 will end up? The answer is: None of the above. The spin-off, which will focus on a new generation of survivors who have spent their lives shielded from the outside apocalypse, still doesnt have a title yet, but the series from Matthew Negrete looks fantastic and completely different from the other The Walking Dead series.

That may be why AMC has decided to keep the untitled series all to itself. During an earnings call this week, AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan revealed that while licensing rights to the series would go to Amazon for international distribution, they would not be licensing it elsewhere domestically. Theyre keeping it to themselves. So domestically we will not sell the SVOD rights to this third Walking Dead series, Sopan said in the call. But rather the series will be used to fuel our own platforms, both streaming, as well as linear as we window it and take full advantage of the opportunities that it presents to us.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level
    We have an area for the third series. I've moved your thread there.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah good luck with that bullshit-that fuckinTWD gets 3 million viewers if their lucky nobody’s gonna pay for amc on top of all the other bullshit platforms that are out there. Ain’t it funny that as soon as folks start cutting the cable now we’re going to be forced to order everything we like ala carte thereby paying more than we would before

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Yeah good luck with that bullshit-that fuckinTWD gets 3 million viewers if their lucky nobody’s gonna pay for amc on top of all the other bullshit platforms that are out there. Ain’t it funny that as soon as folks start cutting the cable now we’re going to be forced to order everything we like ala carte thereby paying more than we would before
    Like the article says, one must be a cable subcriber in order to pay the additional $5 a month for the AMC premium subscription. According to earnings statements, AMC is making plenty of money with their current distribution platform.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Like the article says, one must be a cable subcriber in order to pay the additional $5 a month for the AMC premium subscription. According to earnings statements, AMC is making plenty of money with their current distribution platform.
    I stand by my statement amc premier is still a additional charge, therefore your not getting this stupid new show as you would any other time. I was also talking about all the other nonsense platforms Disney, cbs , et all that are now changing how tv is watched and not necessarily for the better.
    And if you believe AMC is happy with their market share these days I got a bridge to sell ya

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    I stand by my statement amc premier is still a additional charge, therefore your not getting this stupid new show as you would any other time. I was also talking about all the other nonsense platforms Disney, cbs , et all that are now changing how tv is watched and not necessarily for the better.
    And if you believe AMC is happy with their market share these days I got a bridge to sell ya
    I don't disagree about the additional charge and other platforms stuff. Measurement metrics for market share have changed. All you have to do is read AMC's quarterly and annual reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission to know they are thrilled with their financial position. Good luck on selling that bridge!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I don't disagree about the additional charge and other platforms stuff. Measurement metrics for market share have changed. All you have to do is read AMC's quarterly and annual reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission to know they are thrilled with their financial position. Good luck on selling that bridge!
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...ast-month.aspx
    I’m just going by what I read..... that and the fact that what a few years ago their premier show had 19 million now it’s down to barely 3. And the desperation is such that a tween undead drama is now the best they can do

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Level
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...ast-month.aspx
    I’m going by what I read..... that and the fact that what a few years ago their premier show had 19 million now it’s down to barely 3. And the desperation is such that a tween undead drama is now the best they can do
    This is first and second quarter stuff. Still, the article says the issue is stock price amid concerns of the future of cable industry. AMC's earnings are strong.

I can’t quote the article from my phone, but it says what I just did.