Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Secret Whisper Contradictions (Spoiler 10X07)

In open your eyes we found out that Dante is allegedly a secret according to Siddiq. Siddiq came to this conclusions that Dante was a secret whispers base on Dante not checking the water filters in the water supply (which was Siddiq responsible) , Dante killed the whisper that Carol had kidnapped by giving him hemlock (That Siddiq pack), and according to Siddiq he do not like being around Dante (although he's always around Dante) because he reminds him of Enid.

But there is something that 's not right . It contradict everything we know about our group, and the whispers. Dante didn't show up until after the events that unfolded in "The Calm before" . At that time after losing all those people everyone would have been on edge, and hesitant to take in New people. So do you really think Dante would have gotten pass the screening process without Daryl,Carol ,or Michonne questioning where he came from?

Lydia grow up with the whispers. She knew everyone of them. So how come Lydia didn't recognize Dante as one of the whispers?

But the biggest contradiction is why would Alpha had sent Dante to spy on Alexandria ?
    We found out from Lydia that the only reason why people follow Alpha is because they do not know that life could be better.
    We find out from Carol that Alpha's followers believe that she killed Lydia . That she sacrificed her daughter for them.

So would Alpha had trusted Dante to keep her secret? Dante seem to talk just as much as Negan. Alpha want a people to believe that Lydia is dead, so doesn't that contradict her sending a whisper into Alexandria to spy? I think it would be too big of a risk for a women who kill a guy who saw her cry.

Comment, views,and opinions welcome

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    I do think it's odd that Alpha would entrust this espionage job to a new Whisperer. Someone pointed out in another thread that
    Spoiler Spoiler:

As for the other contradictions, I don't see them. Siddiq didn't know Dante was a Whisperer until Dante made that tongue clicking noise that Siddiq recalled from the massacre, right before Dante killed him. We don't know for sure, but I think Siddiq thought that he, himself, might have turned that water valve during one of his blackouts. It was clear he didn't suspect Dante before making that noise.

Dante must have presented himself well to the committee. Holding himself out as a doctor would have helped his case, and I believe he probably was a doctor although Dante would have arrived at Alexandria after the massacre, so Siddiq's mind was compromised at that point, and Siddiq would be the best to judge someone's medical bona fides. There aren't resources to investigate backgrounds, so Dante had to have made a favorable impression and answered questions to the committee's satisfaction.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Level
    Lydia was wrong when she said they followed Alpha because they don't know life could be better. Maybe some do, or out of fear, but many of them seem to really believe the whisperer way is better. That the time has come to live like animals among the dead.

I also think they had redshirts rescue Dante so viewers wouldn't criticize any of our main cast for being taken in.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    I found an article which clarifies Dante's medical background:

To better disguise the twist and throw off comic book readers, who are familiar with Dante as a key part of Maggie's story and the Hilltop colony, Kang and her writers introduced Dante as an ex-field medic and compadre of Siddiq (Avi Nash), left second-guessing himself over near constant interference from his post-traumatic stress disorder.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/11/18/the-walking-dead-reveals-culprit-silence-whisperers-graffiti-dante/?
    fbclid=IwAR2RUqUz3gtaXRGglglToN4L3zn2kC4KsgrwO5Fl7 r8ltePo3rulXCJ2yOc

So Dante was not a doctor but a highly trained military medical person.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Lydia was wrong when she said they followed Alpha because they don't know life could be better. Maybe some do, or out of fear, but many of them seem to really believe the whisperer way is better. That the time has come to live like animals among the dead.

I also think they had redshirts rescue Dante so viewers wouldn't criticize any of our main cast for being taken in.
    Admission to Alexandria decisions were made by the Committee. The redshirts would have brought him in, just like Judith, et al., brought in Magna's group, so I don't think the rationale for redshirts is that.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    How long has it been since Lydia left the Whisperers and now? It does seem like a while has passed, so Dante could have ingratiated himself with Alpha or she felt he was expendable and sent him in as a test of his loyalty. I am more surprised at how much trust was placed in him in the community, then again leadership has been questionable about other decisions.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    How long has it been since Lydia left the Whisperers and now? It does seem like a while has passed, so Dante could have ingratiated himself with Alpha or she felt he was expendable and sent him in as a test of his loyalty. I am more surprised at how much trust was placed in him in the community, then again leadership has been questionable about other decisions.

I surprise as how much trust was place in him as well. But I'm more surprise that Alpha would trust him with her secret. The only reason I can see Alpha trusting him is if she is planning on killing him upon his return. It's just seem weird that she would let him know that Lydia is alive, meanwhile having everyone else believe that she killed Lydia. He'll even Beta didn't know Lydia was alive until he caught Alpha with her bear. So I guess Dante got a sweet deal. He got to go to Alexandria instead of staying with the whispers. He has fresh food,and water and doesn't have to walk around in smelly clothes. Why did he ever want to be a whisper in the first place? (besides fear �� that is). Why would he ever go back.

I think Alpha , or Gamma is going to kill Dante if zombie Siddiq doesn't kill him first.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by luvprue1 View Post
    I surprise as how much trust was place in him as well. But I'm more surprise that Alpha would trust him with her secret. The only reason I can see Alpha trusting him is if she is planning on killing him upon his return. It's just seem weird that she would let him know that Lydia is alive, meanwhile having everyone else believe that she killed Lydia. He'll even Beta didn't know Lydia was alive until he caught Alpha with her bear. So I guess Dante got a sweet deal. He got to go to Alexandria instead of staying with the whispers. He has fresh food,and water and doesn't have to walk around in smelly clothes. Why did he ever want to be a whisper in the first place? (besides fear �� that is). Why would he ever go back.

I think Alpha , or Gamma is going to kill Dante if zombie Siddiq doesn't kill him first.
    I think you are right and Alpha planned to kill him all along. He's definitely dead, he's a man with no country now. I think he will get away and run to Alpha for protection only to be killed. Rosita and Coco then alert the community and then they figure out it is the water poisoning everyone. I hope they have to think about it and not just go "A ha! the water!"

I fell asleep midway through last week's episode and haven't finished it, did anyone kill the woman that was suffocated in her bed or is she going to reanimate, too?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    I fell asleep midway through last week's episode and haven't finished it, did anyone kill the woman that was suffocated in her bed or is she going to reanimate, too?
    We saw her suffocated in flashback, but earlier we had seen her (I thought it was she, anyway) wrapped in a blanket outside on the ground. It was my impression Dante was going to bury her.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I think you are right and Alpha planned to kill him all along. He's definitely dead, he's a man with no country now. I think he will get away and run to Alpha for protection only to be killed. Rosita and Coco then alert the community and then they figure out it is the water poisoning everyone. I hope they have to think about it and not just go "A ha! the water!"

What I don't understand is, why didn't Siddiq tell Rosita about the water as soon as he figured it out. He just told her to go home. Why didn't he at least tell someone? And why didn't Aaron report it right away when Gamma poisoned the water?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast