Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level

Rate and Review Tonight's Episode, The World Before

That's all she wrote until February! Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmmm....7.

+ The first seven minutes of the episode were fantastic
    + Gabriel's murder of Dante was fantastic
    + There were good character moments in the episode
    - Carol is annoying this season. I know it's on purpose. I understand her motivations. It still puts everybody at risk
    - Piggybacking off that, everybody chasing after Alpha into an obvious trap was DUMB

In general, I like Kang's new formula. Big events aren't being shoved into premieres and finales. The problem is that, after 10 years, the general audience has come to expect that the premieres and finales be huge. Therefore, I have a feeling this episode is gonna be rated very poorly by general viewers.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    5. There were some really stupid moments:
    - Luke trying to strike up a conversation with new guy in the library while there was still a walker to be dealt with was senseless.
    - Everyone clumping together and ending up in the horde-cave was dumber than dumb.
    - Gabriel killing Dante was some serious hypocrisy considering his preaching at Carol just last week.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    6/10.

-5 for the Michonne/Judith/Luke/ride to Oceanside/Library/Oceanside, etc., etc. stuff. Too long and seriously uninteresting. I know they need to set up Michonne's departure, but they could have done it differently.

+5 for the reprise of the orange backpack.
    +2 for Siddiq's funeral
    -1 for Rosita's temper tantrum with the walkers
    +3 Eugene seems more masculine, and I think his retreat to Hilltop has made him more attractive to Rosita
    -2 Fr Gabriel has fallen flat with me. He pleasantly surprised me when he read the last rites to that Savior back in season 6 and then shot him. It was great writing. The scene where he killed Dante didn't have any sort of twist or even clever dialogue. I was happy for Dante to go, but if Gabriel were to be the killer, the moment was lacking something.
    +2 The Aaron/Mary storyline - I think this is going to be good, and I'm looking forward to it.
    +2 The opening minutes with Alpha and Dante

I didn't count off for Carol's impulsive stupidity in getting that crew trapped in that cave. It was expected and in character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they get out.

I really loved some of the episode and really hated some of it. I don't hate Michonne, Judith, or Luke. Those scenes just didn't work for me.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    6/10

~The Oceanside trip was long, but the library pit stop was good. The librarian walkers were predictable, and I am wondering why they haven't been to the library before. They have a school, and could use information on various things. Judith said she has read all the books at Alexandria, that doesn't make it seem as if they are reading too often.
    ~Not that I was ever a huge fan, but I am not feeling Michonne anymore. I haven't missed her in the episodes she hasn't been in other than to wonder where the leadership is. I really don't think I will feel her loss when she is done.
    ~I don't think Virgil finding both groups was believable. I did like the return of the orange backpack. I hope he gets the Glenn finding his family backpack version rather than the OG hitch hiker version.
    ~It seems a little weird to me that this well stocked, military outpost that is only a 2 day trip away has not been found by any scouts from any community in 10 or so years. The Oceanside people were all police, presumably from the region, they had no idea??
    ~Carol chasing Alpha wasn't so strange nor was it her flying off on her own. What should she have done? Called a meeting of her misfit team and talk about it? I think it was a natural reaction given the situation. The scene with all of them running after her was kind of funny, Keystone Cops in action!
    ~Rosita weeping over the grave like a widow was strange, especially given the love triangle with her new lover presiding over the service. Didn't he have any other close friends?
    ~Gabe killing Dante was vicious! Seems like Gabe has some serious issues going on! I hope to read similar reactions to Gabe's actions as I have about Carol's deeds.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good episode. I am looking forward to the second half so that is a good thing and a definite improvement over the last couple seasons.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a seven, a silently dramatic finale.
    I don't trust Michonne leaving just like that with a sudden stranger and Judith just being so grown up and detached emotionally, only thinking of the upcoming war, she is a bit robotic emotionally. I liked Siddiq, the HOT walker. I liked that Rosita had more to do and I want more in the next half for her and NOT just these romantic stories. I liked Daryl's caring and trying to reach Carol, he is in love with her, they are setting up their future relationship on this show. The Alpha chase down and cliffhanger
    was too predictable, anyone could see that she was luring them into a trap, can't believe even Daryl fell for it. I liked that Father Gabe let his emotions get the best of him, sometimes he seems so out of touch and dismissive, clinging to his religious views without questioning. Dante deserved that. Everyone was pretty alright in their scenes in this episode, it was just a bit quiet, is all.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Dante’s character irritates me, but I really began to appreciate the actor who played him this episode, just as he exits the show. Great performance, and the scenes with him and Father Gabriel were excellent. The opening with walker Sidiqq almost eating his own child was good too.

The Connie / Daryl interactions still seem really forced to me (The “Anything for us” note was so ham handed).

I don’t like what they’ve done with Carol’s character this season. They’ve made her excessively selfish, and I don’t know how her friendship with Daryl is going to heal when she put Lydia in the position she did last episode and, this episode, he openly laid his heartfelt concern out there for her like he did, and she said okay but then just ran off and did exactly what he asked her not to do (be careless while seeking revenge). I’m not sure how Kang’s going to pull off a mending of their relationship believably, but I hope she does, because I think it’s an important, longstanding relationship.

Everyone running after Carol was unbelievable. I could see Daryl maybe running after her in the heat of the moment because of his close relationship with Carol and to try to stop / protect her regardless of the consequences, but EVERYONE doing it?

The episode felt a little anticlimactic, maybe because of the mid-season finales of the past. Or maybe because I care less and less if they escape their predicaments, or maybe because the previews for the next episode make it so clear they have.

The Michonne Virgil stuff makes no sesne to me. Really, she's going to run off alone with some strange guy to his island? He's willing to trade an entire cache full of weapons for some damage to Oceanside? He comes from a place with an entire cash full of weapons, that's well fortified and has people, but he's running around completely with nothing but a knife? And Michonne's just going to take the gamble?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Level
    3/10 There was very little I liked about last nightís episode. I find it completely ridiculous that Michonne would just sail off with some random stranger for the promise of weapons and leave her kids behind. I also canít believe theyíd be so stupid to all run into a cave after Alpha. I also donít buy this Gabe/Rosita romance one bit. The only thing I really enjoyed was seeing Dante die and the opening minutes of the episode.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Level
    It was an awful episode.
    Father Gabe killing Dante after being upset with Carol about not going to the council is hypocritical. His excuse to Dante was that Siddiq was like a brother to him. That justifies his irrational behavior more than had his son been beheaded and and piked? "The father of my girlfriends baby was like a brother to me"

Carol's behavior is beyond ridiculous at this point. It wouldn't be so bad if the story line wasn't being dragged out but as it is now, they've had her do the same thing over and over for 8 episodes. Its a little over kill.

I'm not interested in Oceanside.

Kelly is having trouble adjusting to her hearing loss....she shouldn't be out there.

Would liked to have seen what Negan's up to.

The library scene and Aaron's interaction with Gracie was okay.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I am always pissed when they have something happen and they miss doing the logical thing 1. after Rosita kicks the crap out of dante
    why not have her KILL him She did the walker siggig I know I would have gone right back and head stab him FG getting the kill!!!
    why would Michonne with 2 small kids go off and explore with NO back up Also why are they making her into such a unlikeable person
    why would the dumb asses all run into a black cave why are the good guys soooooo stupid over and over again To be outsmarted
    over again by people who live in the woods and have to wear skin and mud blood daily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast