Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

TWD May Be Ending After Season 12

The Walking Dead first premiered on AMC almost a decade ago, and in the years since itís been with us, itís managed to amass a huge fanbase, which is pretty impressive seeing as weíre now living in a time where the entertainment landscape is already very, very crowded with zombies and post-apocalyptic TV shows and movies.

But nothing lasts forever and with The Walking Dead currently making its way through its tenth season, fans have begun to wonder how much longer it can go on for. We know that AMC has already renewed it for an eleventh run, but nothingís been locked in past that just yet, and it seems thatís because things are indeed about to wind down.

While nothingís been decided on at the moment, sources close to We Got This Covered Ė the same ones who told us The CW was developing an Arrow spinoff back in March, and that an Aladdin sequel was in the works, both of which we now know to be true Ė say that the current thinking at AMC is to do two more seasons of The Walking Dead before bringing things to a close and focusing on the spinoffs.

Read full article

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I think this is a good idea it will help the story arcs/writing if there is an end date in sight. Hopefully a decison will lead to less filler and more purposeful episodes for the remaining time. They have been lucky to keep as big a following as they have thus far.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree. For where they are now in the story, I could see 2 more seasons and then ending it after that. Viewership definitely keeps dropping so an end in sight would be good.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    It should end in Season 12 with Rick returning sometime in Season 11 to finish off the show.

Then there is an opportunity to do a spinoff called TWD: The New Class or w/e that carries a few characters from the other show over but then introduces the next generation of characters. That would allow this show to end similar to how the comic ended and end the Grimes storyline properly but AMC can still technically keep it going if they want to be stubborn about it never ending. Like I imagine AMC will do everything they can to keep the Daryl character going. I would mind seeing Eugene continue on. Rosita too but I can't see her making it to the end. Maggie could appear as a guest character but Lauren probably won't sign on to do another show full time. I think she's willing to give TWD a few more years but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    I agree. For where they are now in the story, I could see 2 more seasons and then ending it after that. Viewership definitely keeps dropping so an end in sight would be good.
    That's basically about as far as they could go with the source material. The next big arc that they are already teasing will finally catch the show up to the comic, only the comic has ended so there is nothing else. The comic does give a lot of wiggle room to how they could drag it out while still keeping the comic ending but there is no more big storylines after the next arc.

And I think a end in sight is exactly what they need to get Andrew Lincoln back on the show. I think he wanted to be done around S6 but then agreed to do S7 and then S8 he was supposed to be written off in S8 but decided to stay a few more episodes in S9 because it would've been too much to lose Rick and Coral that close to each other. What pushed him away from the show was the idea that it would go on forever. And he wants to try other things and be with his family more. That's why they came up with this stoopit movie idea. Do one film to explain what happened in his time away, then have him return sometime in Season 11 and then have Season 12 be the last season and have him there for the entire season. Fuck the other 2 movies. Fuck all 3 but they've written themselves in to a corner to where they at least need to do one.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Didn’t even realize it was already renewed for a S11

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been saying this for 7 years; reboot this shit with Darabont as showrunner.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Good - I feel like it's getting stale & outstaying its welcome. Personally I think it should have ended after Negan was defeated.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I’m sad at this news. I would love to see it continue. If it does end, I hope Fear will still be going on.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    I’m sad at this news. I would love to see it continue. If it does end, I hope Fear will still be going on.
    Fear needs to get a lot better. It's been a long time since it reached its pinnacle in season 3.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Level
    Ending TWD after season 12 seems about right based on the comics although it’s probably long overdue. It says nothings been locked in past season 11, but isn’t that how it’s always been? I’ll believe that AMC would actually end when I see it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast