1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    This is the way the world ends Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Level

Austin Amelio Recalls Worst Day Of My Life In Stuntmans Wrongful Death Trial

Former The Walking Dead co-star Austin Amelio was on the small balcony filming a TWD Season 8 scene with stuntman John Bernecker in 2017 when Bernecker fell over, missing the protective pads underneath by two feet and landing on the concrete head-first. He died two days later from the severe head injuries.

“I saw the whole thing, I was in complete and utter shock,” Amelio told the jury Friday in emotional testimony at the wrongful death trial of The Walking Dead stuntman. “It was the worst day of my life.”

During the opening week of the trial in Gwinnett County, GA, attorneys for the plaintiff, Bernecker’s mom Susan, tried to convince the jury Bernecker’s death was preventable and the result of negligence on the part of the production. AMC’s legal team argued Bernecker’s death stemmed from human error on the stuntman’s part, saying he grasped the rail and held on during his flip off the balcony, which changed his anticipated trajectory.

That grasping movement became a focal point in the line of questioning among multiple witnesses. It was revealed that holding the railing was not in the episode’s script, nor in any rehearsals — the character Bernecker doubled for had just been killed, with his lifeless body supposed to fall over the balcony. The fact Bernecker went off script raised questions about whether Amelio — whose character, Dwight, kills the minor character for whom Bernecker was a double — touched Bernecker during the scene, which could explain the stuntman’s instinctive reaction to grab the railing.

“Absolutely not,” Amelio said Friday when asked whether he or the butt of the prop gun he was holding had touched Bernecker in the moments before Bernecker jumped.

https://deadline.com/2019/12/austin-...ny-1202809040/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Austin :( sounds like such a nice dude too and Dwight is one of my favorite characters and only thing that made last season of Fear worth watching

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Level
    If Im reading this right you gotta love lawyers (not) oh no its not amcs fault its this actor may have contributed to it. Whoa the guy in the crow who shot Brandon Lee quit acting for years and he had fuck all to do with it. Its why theres a position called stunt coordinator no actor should be involved at anytime . AMC is doing what any company does cover its ass I know but damn pointing fingers makes them look like the sheckels hoarding scumbags we all knew they were