1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Level

Delays Change the Timeline for The Walking Dead in 2020

As Hollywood struggles to keep up with what seems to be hourly changes in the fight against novel coronavirus, production has stopped on almost every television show and movie. AMC just announced that the series premiere of The Walking Dead: World Beyond is being delayed and it could be a sign of a drastically changing timeline for The Walking Dead season 11 and Fear the Walking Dead season 6.

At the start of 2020, everything lined up to that there would be 42 episodes set in The Walking Dead Universe between The Walking Dead (8 episodes in season 10 and 8 in season 11), Fear the Walking Dead (16 episodes) and The Walking Dead: World Beyond (10 episodes). While their premieres and finales might have overlapped, it would still be 42 episodes of TWD goodness.

With the uncertainty surrounding novel coronavirus and many states issuing stay at home orders for the next few weeks, production has stopped and it is looking more and more like the delays will continue longer than initially believed. That means that production on The Walking Dead and its spinoffs will be delayed, too.

Here's what we know so far:

* World Beyond’s series premiere has been pushed from April 12 to a later date

* Fear the Walking Dead started filming season 6 in December 2019 and was scheduled for a filming break when the stoppage came, so that means roughly half the season has been filmed.

* The Walking Dead was in pre-production on season 11. While the writers have been working from home, previous estimates suggested that filming would be delayed 2-3 weeks, but now it could be delayed even further.
    How This Impacts the 2020 Timeline

Before things changed, World Beyond was set to air on April 12, timed to the season finale of The Walking Dead. Fear the Walking Dead would have followed after that, and then TWD would premiere in October as per usual.

Now, it is more likely that when stay at home orders lift, Fear TWD will finish production and get a later air date while The Walking Dead works to get caught up. Depending on when things get back to normal, World Beyond could fill in as a summer show and Fear could air in the fall while TWD finishes production. Or, if things are delayed even further, then World Beyond could air in the fall with Fear TWD and TWD pushing into 2021.

Though World Beyond has finished filming and the episodes are ready to air, it makes perfect sense to delay the premiere so that fans will have something to enjoy later on in the year now that there is no telling when the other shows will be able to resume work. The alternative would be to keep the April 12 airdate and have the 10 episodes play out, and then face the possibility of no new episodes until 2021. Given the choice, delaying the premiere is absolutely the right decision.

There is also the very real possibility that with the restrictions on travel and being in groups larger than 10 people, production on the Rick Grimes movies will also be delayed.

https://undeadwalking.com/2020/03/20...ing-dead-2020/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Well Well well.....what do you know: a real world apocalyptic virus is literally halting production on a show about a post apocalyptic virus and itís aftermath. well played humans. Well played.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by awaywithyou View Post
    Well Well well.....what do you know: a real world apocalyptic virus is literally halting production on a show about a post apocalyptic virus and it’s aftermath. well played humans. Well played.
    "Apocalyptic" man i swear people who are so over dramatic about this whole thing are just as bad are those who say it's a hoax, it's like you can only be on one extreme of the spectrum, humanity has been through worse situations than this including way worse pandemics(Black Death rings a bell?) and yet low and behold, the world is still standing ! The reason the situation even got this bad in the first place is because of human stupidity not the virus itself, the virus is barely more deadly than the average flu despite what the media wants to tell you how it is .

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    One positive is that Season 11 may have to film in the winter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    One positive is that Season 11 may have to film in the winter.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/79d6...itemid=4686010
    Does Georgia have a cold climate or is similar to California and other states like that, i'm not familiar with US geography .

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know. I've never been outside of Canada. But even if they don't get snow it would still be cool for the show to have a cold/dead feel to it. Trees with no leaves and stuff. And the characters being visibly colder and trying to stay warm and trying to deal with the food situation when they can't grow it anymore.

I'm pretty sure that's why later in TWD seasons the characters usually wear more layers than they do in the earlier episodes because of weather (like Rick's murder jacket) It starts to get cold for the actors. So if they postpone it a bit then it should be cold even at the start of the season and really cold (for them) by the end of it.

Edit: I did google "Georgia winter" and there is pictures of snow so they may get some.

It would be so cool. We've never had a proper winter in TWD. We had one episode last season but there is only so much you can do in one episode. It was like a preview of what we could get and if they don't want to rush in to the next storyline too quickly because they are running out of source material a weather arc could be interesting. In the past, we've had hints of weather issues but it would only last for 1 episode. They kind of did it on Fear but it wasn't cold weather or snow and they also didn't have a settlement that they were trying to run with all kinds of kids and shit.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1268 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    Does Georgia have a cold climate or is similar to California and other states like that, i'm not familiar with US geography .
    I googled Georgia winters, which apparently are all over the place. I've been there when it was bitterly cold, and just a couple or so years ago, the Atlanta area got a lot of snow. I have family and friends there so have been there a lot, all over the state, year round. Mountainous northern Georgia is colder in winter than more tropical southern Georgia at or near the Florida border. The show films in the Atlanta area which is about the same latitude as Dallas, which is where I live. One of those Google comparisons shows Atlanta's winters to be slightly colder. The thing is though, even when it's snowy and blustery at our latitude in the south, it only stays that way for a few days - then it's back into the 50's and 60's. That's a generalization. There are extreme exceptions, which are rare. Who knows what kind of winter Atlanta area will have next winter. The only sure thing is that the actors won't have to sweat in coats on 100 degree days like they do now. They might have to sweat in 70 degrees or they might have to go sleeveless in 20 degrees.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I googled Georgia winters, which apparently are all over the place. I've been there when it was bitterly cold, and just a couple or so years ago, the Atlanta area got a lot of snow. I have family and friends there so have been there a lot, all over the state, year round. Mountainous northern Georgia is colder in winter than more tropical southern Georgia at or near the Florida border. The show films in the Atlanta area which is about the same latitude as Dallas, which is where I live. One of those Google comparisons shows Atlanta's winters to be slightly colder. The thing is though, even when it's snowy and blustery at our latitude in the south, it only stays that way for a few days - then it's back into the 50's and 60's. That's a generalization. There are extreme exceptions, which are rare. Who knows what kind of winter Atlanta area will have next winter. The only sure thing is that the actors won't have to sweat in coats on 100 degree days like they do now. They might have to sweat in 70 degrees or they might have to go sleeveless in 20 degrees.
    Considering that in my country(Romania) we barely had any snow this year and we usually get lots of snow especially around January-February but for some reason this year it only snowed like 2-3 times and the snow didn't even get a chance to settle, i'm thinking climate change has also something to do with it so yeah the chances of seeing actual snow are still probably very slim .

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1268 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    Considering that in my country(Romania) we barely had any snow this year and we usually get lots of snow especially around January-February but for some reason this year it only snowed like 2-3 times and the snow didn't even get a chance to settle, i'm thinking climate change has also something to do with it so yeah the changes of seeing actual snow are still probably very slim .
    This was an oddball winter in north Texas, too. I can't speak for the rest of the country because I don't pay that much attention to everybody's weather. This winter was far milder than any in recent memory. Climate is cyclical, so who knows what next winter or the winters after that will bring. The only weatherwise consistency in my neck of the woods is that summers have always been excruciatingly hot, and that's been true for as long as records have been kept.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    It snowed yesterday where I live. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast