Thread: Merle's Fate

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Merle's Fate

So, there's a lot's of speculations about Merle's death and about who will kill walker-Merle and how.
    What interests me is that how you think it will take place? How will Daryl find him and what he'll do in this situation?
    And what would be your ideal happening?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    My guess would be that Michonne ends up alerting the group as to what happened and they go to find him...I'd like to see Rick offer to take the shot for Daryl...But I think Daryl will just end it himself

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's going to be a shocking reveal like they did with Sophia lurching out of the barn: everyone just standing there gobsmacked while he lurches forward until Daryl ends it. This is going to be a great episode, or at least a great moment.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I just hope it IS Daryl who puts him down. I feel like it needs to be. I don't want anyone else to take the shot for him. JMO.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
    I think it's going to be a shocking reveal like they did with Sophia lurching out of the barn: everyone just standing there gobsmacked while he lurches forward until Daryl ends it. This is going to be a great episode, or at least a great moment.
    I'm not sure how shocking it will be with them showing the governor kill Merle. What made walker Sophia coming out of the barn so shocking was the fact that there was no clue as to what happened to her. She literally just disappeared and Daryl lost the trail after she veered off the path back to the road as I recall. The only thing they found was her doll in the creek. That allowed for them to have some hope that they could still find her alive - however minimal that hope was. I think seeing Merle get killed will remove some of that suspense - though him becoming a walker could still be a surprise if they do it right.

I'm torn about whether it will be Rick or Daryl who puts walker Merle down. I can see them doing a call back to Dale's death with Rick stepping in for Daryl - you don't have to do all the heavy lifting type thing. But I can also see Daryl doing it himself. Either way, Daryl is going to be devastated by this.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe he trips over Ben (or whoever he was snacking on) and impales himself on his knife hand.
    No body can kill Merle except Merle. Right?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    I'm not sure how shocking it will be with them showing the governor kill Merle. What made walker Sophia coming out of the barn so shocking was the fact that there was no clue as to what happened to her. She literally just disappeared and Daryl lost the trail after she veered off the path back to the road as I recall. The only thing they found was her doll in the creek. That allowed for them to have some hope that they could still find her alive - however minimal that hope was. I think seeing Merle get killed will remove some of that suspense - though him becoming a walker could still be a surprise if they do it right.

I'm torn about whether it will be Rick or Daryl who puts walker Merle down. I can see them doing a call back to Dale's death with Rick stepping in for Daryl - you don't have to do all the heavy lifting type thing. But I can also see Daryl doing it himself. Either way, Daryl is going to be devastated by this.
    The death itself might not be shocking. Although they might do a cutaway so we don't see what happened. Something like Merle and the Guv locked in combat and then we cut away to someone else, leaving it open as to what happened until the walker reveal. I think the walker thing will be the real shocker.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Have we ever seen a walker with a weapon before? I do hope they take advantage of Merle's knife hand in some way, whether it helps him or hurts him.

People with blades for appendages seem to draw trouble to themselves these days,

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post

No, it'll be a shock for the audience to see Merle die. Not many thinks he would, even though we all know he wasn't meant to live, it's still a shock to see him go. I know you're not too fond of him, but it isn't going to be an easy thing to see for the fans of the show overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
    The death itself might not be shocking. Although they might do a cutaway so we don't see what happened. Something like Merle and the Guv locked in combat and then we cut away to someone else, leaving it open as to what happened until the walker reveal. I think the walker thing will be the real shocker.
    No, it'll be shocking just b/c Merle is such a vivacious character, he's such a likable villain and the audience would root for him during the fight. LOL the critics said last week we'd swear at moments, which didn't fully happen but it's going to be THIS week when the Governor ends Merle's life and then Daryl, etc. see him as a walker.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think there's two possible scenarios that could play out.

1) Merle turns - Daryl kills and puts him down. If he does this, i don't think he'll be that motivated by revenge. He'll be in a very depressed state and he'll be somebody you would not want to be around for a while. But his intentions will still be for the good of the group. Him gathering the strength to put down his own brother could convey to him that maybe being blinded by revenge isn't a good idea. He'll still want to kill the Governor, but he won't be like how Glenn was about it.

2) Merle turns - Rick kills and puts him down. It would be a nice contrast for the whole Dale thing. And Daryl would perhaps feel weak because he didn't have what it took to put him down nor protect him - thus truly motivating and driving him to destroy the Governor. Remember how Glenn was post Maggie assault? Imagine Daryl 5x worse. He'll take out the other eye of the Governor before killing him.

I'm leaning more towards #2. I don't think Daryl will putdown Merle AND kill the Governor. Either one or the other.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast