Thread: Coronavirus

1. Back To Top    #211
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    My sister in law went to our local grocery store and said that they were out of flour, sugar, toilet paper, napkins, tissues, and hand sanitizer. She said bleach and cleaning supplies were pretty bare but that there were a few items left and I guess there wasn't a lot to choose from in the freezer isle and meat cooler. Geez! I may start hibernating right now.
    They started panic buying 2 days ago in my shit hole town. Now we can’t even get the basic daily needs because of these self centered pricks. Fortunately my aunt is in PA and they haven’t started to panic there yet. So they brought us the things we needed. It’s a shame for people who have no way to get anything

2. Back To Top    #212
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    There’s none of that left at any of the stores around here either. You can only find flushable wipes at Wal Mart. I finally found some toilet paper and paper towels at a clearance warehouse at a farmers market. It’s crazy out there for sure. I tried to go take a walk in the woods at a local state park today and it was closed because of public health concerns. It’s nuts when you’re not even allowed to walk outside.
    I have to say, I’m envious of you, and I hope they close my nearby parks soon. I have an extremely reactive dog who can’t be around dogs or cars without losing it, so we rely on quiet areas to get him to go to the bathroom, and all the areas around me are mobbed with people. So the one good thing about this is that they’re gonna eventually close places down that I need quiet, and I can just sneak in through the woods

3. Back To Top    #213
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    There’s none of that left at any of the stores around here either. You can only find flushable wipes at Wal Mart. I finally found some toilet paper and paper towels at a clearance warehouse at a farmers market. It’s crazy out there for sure. I tried to go take a walk in the woods at a local state park today and it was closed because of public health concerns. It’s nuts when you’re not even allowed to walk outside.
    We're rural and in many ways, its inconvenient but at this moment in time, its kind of nice. Our snow just melted so its still a little cold and wet to enjoy much of the outdoors though. Its been a crazy week, that's for sure.

4. Back To Top    #214
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    I got two bottles of Lysol multipurpose lemon cleaner
    right now I’ll let em go 1000$

5. Back To Top    #215
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    They started panic buying 2 days ago in my shit hole town. Now we can’t even get the basic daily needs because of these self centered pricks. Fortunately my aunt is in PA and they haven’t started to panic there yet. So they brought us the things we needed. It’s a shame for people who have no way to get anything
    I get that people want to stock up but hoarding is just selfish. I'm glad you have someone who was able to help you get what you needed.

6. Back To Top    #216
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAScientist View Post
    I get that people want to stock up but hoarding is just selfish. I'm glad you have someone who was able to help you get what you needed.
    Hopefully you get everything you need as well. I have no issue with buying a fair amount either. I just hate the hoarding. And knowing so many sell the items online for higher prices is even worse. So much selfishness

7. Back To Top    #217
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Level
    Newborn baby tests positive for coronavirus in London hospital

https://www.foxnews.com/health/newbo...ondon-hospital

8. Back To Top    #218
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    National Guard activated to combat coronavirus spread in six states, more to follow

Around 400 National Guard personnel have been activated across six states to support operations to stem the spread of novel coronavirus, the National Guard Bureau said in a press release.

The governors of Florida, Iowa, Louisiana, New York, Rhode Island and Washington have all activated components of their Army and Air National Guard. Guardsmen in California and Maryland are also expected to join their states’ efforts today.

“The National Guard is fully involved at the local, state, and federal level in the planning and execution of the nation’s response to COVID-19,” a National Guard Bureau spokesperson said in the release. “In times of emergency, the National Guard Bureau serves as a federal coordinating agency should a state require assistance from the National Guard of another state.”

“At the national level, Guard members are training personnel on COVID-19 response, identifying and preparing National Guard facilities for use as isolation housing, and compiling state medical supply inventories,” the release continued. “National Guard personnel will provide assistance to the states that include logistical support, disinfection/cleaning, activate/conduct transportation of medical personnel, call center support, and meal delivery."

While the number currently stands at under 500, the National Guard Bureau said those numbers “will rapidly change,” as the agency “expect[s] that number to approach 1,000” by the end of the day.

Currently, 33 states have declared states of emergencies to mobilize greater resources and streamline responses to the new coronavirus outbreak, the bureau noted.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/c...ore-to-follow/
    what the holy fuck? Are they going to shoot people? This sounds more like The Stand every day/.

9. Back To Top    #219
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Level
    My neighbors across the hall and I had a meeting tonight to develop a plan of action. They are two gay ladies I love with all of my heart. Should any of us come down with it, we will let each other know what is needed and supply it, leaving it outside the door with a text to notify. I'm in a high risk group - 68 with a serious heart condition. Should I get the virus, I will call my doctor, go where I'm told and use the one and only mask I have, still sealed in the container it came in probably 20 years ago from Home Depot when I was painting a room in my house, to get out of the building, wearing gloves, to drive where I need to go. I feel good about this.

I'm a hermit anyway. I work but am a recluse when home. They're pretty much the same way. Our building is a community, but these two and I are a unit in terms of caring for each other should the worst happen.

10. Back To Top    #220
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Level

Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.