Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Fuuuuuck, means he’ll be in my division. (The Panthers)

I’m very surprised he’s leaving the Patriots.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1253 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    Fuuuuuck, means he’ll be in my division. (The Panthers)

I’m very surprised he’s leaving the Patriots.
    I'm not too surprised. He and Giselle put their house on the market last year. I read in the WSJ that serious contenders were the Chargers, the Titans, and the Bucs. Titans decided to keep Tannehill. Tom decided against California because 1) Florida was more convenient to New York and 2) Florida has no state income tax.

Your division is about to get a lot more interesting if Panthers sign Bridgewater, which last I heard they were going to do, they're going to instantly improve at QB. He did great filling in for Brees last season. Don't know about those Falcons.

Can you imagine Brady with targets like Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and OJ Howard? Bucs' D is good. Don't know about the O line.

I'm interested in seeing it all play out, but I've been jonesing for NFL football since before the Super Bowl. It's the most wonderful time of the year for me!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I'm not too surprised. He and Giselle put their house on the market last year. I read in the WSJ that serious contenders were the Chargers, the Titans, and the Bucs. Titans decided to keep Tannehill. Tom decided against California because 1) Florida was more convenient to New York and 2) Florida has no state income tax.

Your division is about to get a lot more interesting if Panthers sign Bridgewater, which last I heard they were going to do, they're going to instantly improve at QB. He did great filling in for Brees last season. Don't know about those Falcons.

Can you imagine Brady with targets like Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and OJ Howard? Bucs' D is good. Don't know about the O line.

I'm interested in seeing it all play out, but I've been jonesing for NFL football since before the Super Bowl. It's the most wonderful time of the year for me!
    I’m in mourning over what’s going on with the Panthers. Olsen gone to Seattle, my boyfriend Luke Kuechley retiring, and Cam getting fucked over. Who knows. Yes, we got Bridgewater. Bucs are good, shit what happened to Winston? Guess he’s a free Agent. I hate the politics of football but LOVE the game. This time of the year without football sucks. I’m ready for some football!
    Holy shit Jason Witten! How can Jerry let him go?!!!!! My husband is crying.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1253 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    I’m in mourning over what’s going on with the Panthers. Olsen gone to Seattle, my boyfriend Luke Kuechley retiring, and Cam getting fucked over. Who knows. Yes, we got Bridgewater. Bucs are good, shit what happened to Winston? Guess he’s a free Agent. I hate the politics of football but LOVE the game. This time of the year without football sucks. I’m ready for some football!
    Holy shit Jason Witten! How can Jerry let him go?!!!!! My husband is crying.
    I hear ya, but Cam had a terrible season and ended up getting benched. Jameis Winston has thrown more INT's over his career than Brady has, and Brady has had a significantly longer career. Jameis was throwing INT's like crazy last season and was benched and unbenched as his replacement was just as bad. Then, miraculously, when it was too late for the Bucs, Jameis had a magnificent last few games. I was lucky enough to pick him up in my fantasy league to replace Phillip Rivers who crashed and burned last season. Jameis won my league for me. I don't know how. I don't know where he's going, if he's going. I love Greg Olsen and will be sorry to see him go. I can't believe Kuechly is retiring! He's only 28 and one of the top defenders in the league!

I don't think it's politics except to the extent that the salary cap was invented to prevent wealthy teams from being able to buy more talent than poorer teams. Contracts end, needs change, players want to make more. Sometimes the only way they can get more is to go to another team that has a greater need for what they can give.

As for Witten, Jerry didn't want him to leave; but the new coach, rightly, IMO, decided Blake Jarwin was the future of the tight end position of the Cowboys. It's time for Jason to go, and he will fit right in with Gruden out there in Vegas. My guess is, after his final year with the Raiders, they'll find a nice coaching job for him.

Did you hear the Bears picked up Nick Foles?

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I hear ya, but Cam had a terrible season and ended up getting benched. Jameis Winston has thrown more INT's over his career than Brady has, and Brady has had a significantly longer career. Jameis was throwing INT's like crazy last season and was benched and unbenched as his replacement was just as bad. Then, miraculously, when it was too late for the Bucs, Jameis had a magnificent last few games. I was lucky enough to pick him up in my fantasy league to replace Phillip Rivers who crashed and burned last season. Jameis won my league for me. I don't know how. I don't know where he's going, if he's going. I love Greg Olsen and will be sorry to see him go. I can't believe Kuechly is retiring! He's only 28 and one of the top defenders in the league!

I don't think it's politics except to the extent that the salary cap was invented to prevent wealthy teams from being able to buy more talent than poorer teams. Contracts end, needs change, players want to make more. Sometimes the only way they can get more is to go to another team that has a greater need for what they can give.

As for Witten, Jerry didn't want him to leave; but the new coach, rightly, IMO, decided Blake Jarwin was the future of the tight end position of the Cowboys. It's time for Jason to go, and he will fit right in with Gruden out there in Vegas. My guess is, after his final year with the Raiders, they'll find a nice coaching job for him.

Did you hear the Bears picked up Nick Foles?
    yup, knew about Nick Foles. Luke already retired. Cam didn’t have a year, he was out with surgery or foot something. I’m looking forward to watching the RedSkins with River Boat Ron. I cannot see Jason Witten with the Raiders but I’ll be rooting him on.
    My husband always tells me football is about business and money since I take it so personally. Lol. I cannot help it.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I heard about that he'll be lost without them

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Stidham will be better than expected, they badly need weapons though, they currently have no TEs worth a damn and gave a 2nd round pick for Sanu who turned out to be a bust - they need to cut him for cap space and prey Harry is better than what he showed last season.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Out of all the teams in the NFL I was not expecting him to go to the Buccs. Could get em their first ring if the players surrounding him step it up.

Also side note i think Mike Brown got the cornavirus or something and someone else took over front office duties because the Bengals have spent more in FA this offseason than the past 3 combined. Finally going after good players to surround Burrows when we obviously take him with the first pick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12