Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    She doesn't have to earn a place in Daryl's search. @Sadie said she had earned a place in that story, and I'm saying she didn't. Personally, I don't think a movie of anybody looking for Rick is going to be particularly interesting. People finding Rick would be.

Carol having suggested they run away together isn't reason enough to include her.

On another note, it was stated that failing to include MMB in this project was a slap in the face to her. I have never understood how certain Daryl storylines on this show are slaps in the face to MMB, but I've heard it several times over the years and don't get it.
    I don't think a movie about someone looking for Rick would be interesting either, plus it doesn't make sense to me since it kind of makes what Michonne is doing superfluous. They'll have to advance the timeline by at least a few months by the end of season 12, to allow for the child actors to grow & age, which means Michonne will have been on the hunt for quite some time. The trail will well & truly have gone cold by the time Daryl heads off.

As for Carol, she might not be as close to Rick as Daryl is but it's not as if she doesn't care for him. I really couldn't see a scenario where Daryl goes "I just found out Rick might be alive & Imma go look for 'im" & Carol *not* say she's going to go with him. It wouldn't make sense to me.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    I don't think a movie about someone looking for Rick would be interesting either, plus it doesn't make sense to me since it kind of makes what Michonne is doing superfluous. They'll have to advance the timeline by at least a few months by the end of season 12, to allow for the child actors to grow & age, which means Michonne will have been on the hunt for quite some time. The trail will well & truly have gone cold by the time Daryl heads off.

As for Carol, she might not be as close to Rick as Daryl is but it's not as if she doesn't care for him. I really couldn't see a scenario where Daryl goes "I just found out Rick might be alive & Imma go look for 'im" & Carol *not* say she's going to go with him. It wouldn't make sense to me.
    I agree with your first paragraph. We've already seen just how anxious Carol was to look for Rick and how anxious Daryl was to have her join him in that search. That was zilch on both counts.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    I hate Rick but think he would be happy to see Carol. Some may hate it but she is apart of his family and his story. Heck he would be happy to see anyone from the group. That is just my opinion which I am sure is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I think you just dont like carol, so you dont want her in. But thats the point, its not Daryls search this isnt the daryl show, hes not the only one that would want to look for Rick

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I hate Rick but think he would be happy to see Carol. Some may hate it but she is apart of his family and his story. Heck he would be happy to see anyone from the group. That is just my opinion which I am sure is wrong.
    Your opinion isn’t wrong, it’s facts, tbh. Rick lost his entire family, and called the group his family before his “death” if he saw carol pop up I bet he’d be the happiest he’s been in a long time, seeing such a familiar face in such dark times would be so great. Especially when your son and wife are dead

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with your first paragraph. We've already seen just how anxious Carol was to look for Rick and how anxious Daryl was to have her join him in that search. That was zilch on both counts.
    A) Daryl wasn't looking for Rick, he was looking for reanimated Rick
    B) Carol was married to Ezekiel & had a child to look after, so not in a position to be hiding off in the woods with Daryl
    C) we actually didn't see either way whether anyone was anxious for anyone to join the search. There was a time jump, remember? For all we know everyone in Alexandria spent a month looking for Rick & only Daryl stayed out there looking for the whole six years.
    D) Looking for a reanimated Rick vs looking for a possibly-alive Rick are two entirely different things.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    A) Daryl wasn't looking for Rick, he was looking for reanimated Rick
    B) Carol was married to Ezekiel & had a child to look after, so not in a position to be hiding off in the woods with Daryl
    C) we actually didn't see either way whether anyone was anxious for anyone to join the search. There was a time jump, remember? For all we know everyone in Alexandria spent a month looking for Rick & only Daryl stayed out there looking for the whole six years.
    D) Looking for a reanimated Rick vs looking for a possibly-alive Rick are two entirely different things.
    I don't see the version of Rick having anything to do with Carol's belonging on Daryl's journey. Carol's marriage to Zeke wouldn't have occurred had Carol not decided to up and leave Alexandria and Rick - and Daryl for that matter.

I thought you Carylers were of the "if we didn't see it on the screen it didn't happen" mindset. Now you're entertaining possibilities of what might or might not have happened off screen? "For all we know" nobody in Alexandria spent years looking for Rick - alive or reanimated - walking all the way to the coast and back. What we know is that Carol did not, and I doubt that Daryl asked Carol to join him in his searches.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    So if Daryl gets a spinoff all on his own without Carol, I suppose it is safe to say that a romantic relationship is not in the works for their characters, or surely she would be involved in this spinoff, as his partner. I agree with someone earlier who posted that Carol isn't in on this show with Daryl, so he can possibly meet other potential partners along the way, it's a sweeter arrangement for Daryl fans, all of the possibilities open that they have been missing all along with him originally. TWD again taking advantage of their fanatic audience in the biggest way here. Daryl is completely the show, as of late and everyone wants his character to finally go there, with some chosen love interest.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't see the version of Rick having anything to do with Carol's belonging on Daryl's journey. Carol's marriage to Zeke wouldn't have occurred had Carol not decided to up and leave Alexandria and Rick - and Daryl for that matter.

I thought you Carylers were of the "if we didn't see it on the screen it didn't happen" mindset. Now you're entertaining possibilities of what might or might not have happened off screen? "For all we know" nobody in Alexandria spent years looking for Rick - alive or reanimated - walking all the way to the coast and back. What we know is that Carol did not, and I doubt that Daryl asked Carol to join him in his searches.
    Her moving to the Kingdom doesn't mean she stopped caring for Rick. Life doesn't work that way. My point is that there would be more motivation for people to look for a Rick that might be alive vs a Rick that they believe to be dead.

My other point was that we don't know what happened immediately after Rick was "killed", since we didn't see it, but you were insisting that Carol had no interest in searching for Rick & Daryl had no interest in her joining him. Since we didn't see the immediate aftermath, we have no idea one way or the other, & it's impossible for you to make such statements as though they were fact.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    This franchise has been such a goddamn joke.

Under different management and different network this could have been prestige level TV but weve gotten this obnoxious cash grab with one inept show runner who has someone gained way more power than he should

Why not just bring Beth back while were at it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234