Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    What does this have to do with MMB? She's got her own contract and own character and storyline.
    Because you don’t leave your loyal workers hanging just to give a spinoff to someone who doesn’t deserve it. What about MMB and LC? They’ve been here for years, don’t you think they deserve to be involved in finding rick? This isn’t the daryl show

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    @Beatrice Rick is the main character. It isn’t right to pick out daryl and have him look for him. It’s ludicrous when you have 2 veteran characters who were very close with him who can go as well. It’s a simple money grab to pander to his fans, but it’s insulting not only to MMB and LC, but to Rick as well

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    YES! I love Daryl. Totally interested on how this will happen.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    @Beatrice Rick is the main character. It isnt right to pick out daryl and have him look for him. Its ludicrous when you have 2 veteran characters who were very close with him who can go as well. Its a simple money grab to pander to his fans, but its insulting not only to MMB and LC, but to Rick as well
    I don't see it that way. Daryl spent ages out looking for Rick before finally giving up. Carol didn't do that. In fact Carol left Rick's community and ended up in Zeke's. Maggie? Rick let her down by not killing Negan, and she moved on to another community. Daryl was Rick's brother. Michonne is already out looking for him. Had Michonne told Daryl what she was up to instead of or in addition to Judith, he would have gone with Michonne.

We're talking about a story here, not about how long MMB and Lauren Cohen have shared the screen with Andrew Lincoln. Daryl is the only character, other than Michonne, for whom it makes sense to look for Rick.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level
    Because you don’t leave your loyal workers hanging just to give a spinoff to someone who doesn’t deserve it. What about MMB and LC? They’ve been here for years, don’t you think they deserve to be involved in finding rick? This isn’t the daryl show
    I just now saw this or would have answered it along with the other.

Don't assume that because you don't think Daryl deserves to go find Rick or that Norman Reedus doesn't deserve this spinoff that the majority of people, especially the people who own and manage the numbers, agree with that. It seems that the majority of people on this site don't like Daryl, but some of us do; and the general audience seems to a lot.

And MMB and LC are not "loyal workers". They are highly paid performers with lucrative contracts who hold up their end of their own deals. We already saw what LC did when AMC balked at paying her. She wasn't a "loyal worker". She went and got herself a better deal that, unfortunately for her, didn't last. I'm not criticizing her at all for doing that instead of martyring herself in order to be perceived as a "loyal worker".

These people are not workers.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't see it that way. Daryl spent ages out looking for Rick before finally giving up. Carol didn't do that. In fact Carol left Rick's community and ended up in Zeke's. Maggie? Rick let her down by not killing Negan, and she moved on to another community. Daryl was Rick's brother. Michonne is already out looking for him. Had Michonne told Daryl what she was up to instead of or in addition to Judith, he would have gone with Michonne.

We're talking about a story here, not about how long MMB and Lauren Cohen have shared the screen with Andrew Lincoln. Daryl is the only character, other than Michonne, for whom it makes sense to look for Rick.
    I don’t think it makes sense for Maggie either, but it definitely makes sense for Carol. He looked for her daughter, kept her safe, etc. It’s not her fault the writers are shit and decided to fuck her character up. If they were good writers then it wouldn’t have been a problem, same for Maggie. Letting Negan join the group? What the fuck?! He killed Glenn, that’s all I need to know to confirm the writers haven’t changed

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level
    I don’t think it makes sense for Maggie either, but it definitely makes sense for Carol. He looked for her daughter, kept her safe, etc. It’s not her fault the writers are shit and decided to fuck her character up. If they were good writers then it wouldn’t have been a problem, same for Maggie. Letting Negan join the group? What the fuck?! He killed Glenn, that’s all I need to know to confirm the writers haven’t changed
    It doesn't make sense for Carol. It's been years since Rick looked for Sophia and kept Carol safe. The writers took Carol in a direction you don't like, but that doesn't make who Carol is storywise something that can be changed so that Carol would belong on a mission to find Rick. Carol had already left Rick's group when Glenn and Abe got the bat and Daryl was held captive by Negan. She wasn't there. She wasn't around when Alexandria and Rick were humiliated relentlessly by Negan. She didn't raise Judith but raised a son with Zeke. She never returned to Alexandria to live during the remainder of Rick's lifetime.

I think you're unhappy because, if this story is true, Carol is again not included in Daryl's life.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    I just now saw this or would have answered it along with the other.

Don't assume that because you don't think Daryl deserves to go find Rick or that Norman Reedus doesn't deserve this spinoff that the majority of people, especially the people who own and manage the numbers, agree with that. It seems that the majority of people on this site don't like Daryl, but some of us do; and the general audience seems to a lot.

And MMB and LC are not "loyal workers". They are highly paid performers with lucrative contracts who hold up their end of their own deals. We already saw what LC did when AMC balked at paying her. She wasn't a "loyal worker". She went and got herself a better deal that, unfortunately for her, didn't last. I'm not criticizing her at all for doing that instead of martyring herself in order to be perceived as a "loyal worker".

These people are not workers.
    Technically they are workers. Do you really think the higher ups think of them as anything other than inferior grunts? Also, just because daryl has a lot of fans doesn’t mean he deserves a spinoff involving finding the main character. If you noticed in my first post I mentioned how LC was wrong for leaving and crawling back when she didn’t get her way. But MMB has stayed the entire time, and deserves to be able to be in the search for the main character, who she’s known since the ZA started, she was gonna help Lori have Judith, she did everything for them, it’s not right, especially storywise not to include her. And the only reason they’re not adding her is so they can have daryl run into a few women along the way, because that’s what they do

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    It doesn't make sense for Carol. It's been years since Rick looked for Sophia and kept Carol safe. The writers took Carol in a direction you don't like, but that doesn't make who Carol is storywise something that can be changed so that Carol would belong on a mission to find Rick. Carol had already left Rick's group when Glenn and Abe got the bat and Daryl was held captive by Negan. She wasn't there. She wasn't around when Alexandria and Rick were humiliated relentlessly by Negan. She didn't raise Judith but raised a son with Zeke. She never returned to Alexandria to live during the remainder of Rick's lifetime.

I think you're unhappy because, if this story is true, Carol is again not included in Daryl's life.
    I don’t care for Caryl anymore, I haven’t in years. To be honest, I think Carol is too good for Daryl. So no, that’s not why I’m mad. I’m mad because she’s been there since season 1 and is treated like a red shirt. I can’t discuss how she is past season 5 because I stopped watching. But bad writing now doesn’t negate the things she did for Rick in the past. She should absolutely be a part of the search

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level
    I don’t care for Caryl anymore, I haven’t in years. To be honest, I think Carol is too good for Daryl. So no, that’s not why I’m mad. I’m mad because she’s been there since season 1 and is treated like a red shirt. I can’t discuss how she is past season 5 because I stopped watching. But bad writing now doesn’t negate the things she did for Rick in the past. She should absolutely be a part of the search
    What did she do for Rick in the past, and why would that earn her a place in Daryl's search? Do you think that Rick has spent the last few years wondering about Carol, and do you think he'll be upset if Carol isn't present when Daryl and/or Michonne find him? I don't think so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast