Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    What did she do for Rick in the past, and why would that earn her a place in Daryl's search? Do you think that Rick has spent the last few years wondering about Carol, and do you think he'll be upset if Carol isn't present when Daryl and/or Michonne find him? I don't think so.
    I think you just don’t like carol, so you don’t want her in. But that’s the point, it’s not “Daryl’s search” this isn’t the daryl show, he’s not the only one that would want to look for Rick

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I think you just don’t like carol, so you don’t want her in. But that’s the point, it’s not “Daryl’s search” this isn’t the daryl show, he’s not the only one that would want to look for Rick
    You are absolutely correct in that I don't like Carol, but she's on the show and she has a story. Her story split from the tangential one it had with Rick many seasons ago.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    oh of course this is happening lol

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    What did she do for Rick in the past, and why would that earn her a place in Daryl's search? Do you think that Rick has spent the last few years wondering about Carol, and do you think he'll be upset if Carol isn't present when Daryl and/or Michonne find him? I don't think so.
    Why does she have to *earn* a place in Daryl's search? It's not a competition. And she may not be completely invested in Rick, but she *is* invested in Daryl, as his best friend. And she's suggested going away together before if I remember rightly. If Daryl was leaving to search for Rick, she may prefer to go with him than remaining at Alexandria (assuming they repair their friendship of course). Plus it would give a character for Daryl to interact with, rather than just endless shots of him walking through the woods, sailing a boat etc all by himself. Which doesn't sound very enthralling to me.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    Why does she have to *earn* a place in Daryl's search? It's not a competition. And she may not be completely invested in Rick, but she *is* invested in Daryl, as his best friend. And she's suggested going away together before if I remember rightly. If Daryl was leaving to search for Rick, she may prefer to go with him than remaining at Alexandria (assuming they repair their friendship of course). Plus it would give a character for Daryl to interact with, rather than just endless shots of him walking through the woods, sailing a boat etc all by himself. Which doesn't sound very enthralling to me.
    She doesn't have to earn a place in Daryl's search. @Sadie said she had earned a place in that story, and I'm saying she didn't. Personally, I don't think a movie of anybody looking for Rick is going to be particularly interesting. People finding Rick would be.

Carol having suggested they run away together isn't reason enough to include her.

On another note, it was stated that failing to include MMB in this project was a slap in the face to her. I have never understood how certain Daryl storylines on this show are slaps in the face to MMB, but I've heard it several times over the years and don't get it.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    She doesn't have to earn a place in Daryl's search. @Sadie said she had earned a place in that story, and I'm saying she didn't. Personally, I don't think a movie of anybody looking for Rick is going to be particularly interesting. People finding Rick would be.

Carol having suggested they run away together isn't reason enough to include her.

On another note, it was stated that failing to include MMB in this project was a slap in the face to her. I have never understood how certain Daryl storylines on this show are slaps in the face to MMB, but I've heard it several times over the years and don't get it.
    It’s an insult when you take 1 main character from a dying show and make his own spinoff when there’s another main character who is just as important to the show. It’s a shitty thing to do to MMB, I’d say LC as well, but she got what she got when she threw a tantrum and left, then came crawling back. Why would daryl go alone to find Rick? Why wouldn’t he bring carol regardless? It makes no sense storywise, especially since they’re best friends. If they want a daryl spinoff then fine, but don’t involve Rick in it. You don’t leave carol behind and only involve daryl in the Rick story

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet One View Post
    To me, you never leave an og like carol behind in the search for Rick. That’s ridiculous and makes fuck all sense. What are they gonna do? Have daryl join the Rick movies and leave carol behind like trash? It’s ridiculous and insulting to MMB, I’d be furious if I was her and being left behind on an inferior show after all these years of hard work

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Level

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with everything you said, @Beatrice. I would've quoted your posts to say that but I would've had to quote all of them lol.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Level
    So... TWD could either end after S12 or NR would be leaving the show then? I might be jumping the gun here, but I would personally rather see NR stay with the show if it continues beyond S12. If the show is ending, a spin-off movie with Daryl would be great (for me lol). If the show isn't ending, then no, I'd much rather see Daryl stay in the original story line than being in a THIRD spin-off about Rick's disappearance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast