Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Level

Media, Dems' Different Approach to Sexual Assault Accusers of Biden, Kavanaugh

When Christine Blasey Ford publicly accused Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in a September 2018 interview with The Washington Post, prominent Democrats and media organizations rushed to the story -- demanding answers and, in many cases, the end of Kavanaugh's career.

In the weeks after Tara Reade publicly charged in a podcast released March 25 that Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, however, those same politicians and outlets have become either silent or equivocal -- even as mounting video and testimonial evidence corroborates Reade's claim, where Ford presented no contemporaneous support for her allegations.

A Fox News chronology, beginning the day of each accusation, shows the extent to which Reade's claims have been handled differently from Ford's.

Fox News has reached out to Democratic lawmakers for comment about Reade, but has not heard back. Similarly, not a single Democratic senator responded when The Daily Caller gave each lawmaker 24 hours to provide comment on Reade's allegations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/med...-assault-claim

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Level
    https://iotwreport.com/cnn-scrubs-la...hameless-bias/
    An archived episode of CNN's "Larry King Live" featuring a call from an anonymous caller later identified as the mother of Biden accuser Tara Reid appears to have been scrubbed from the Google Play catalog.
    The August 11, 1993 broadcast is conspicuously missing from the catalog in between the August 10 and August 12 episodes, according to a screenshot taken by Twitter user @absinthol, who writes "CNN removed the August 11th, 1993 Larry King Episode from Google Play, the episode featuring a call from Tara Reade's mother."

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    It’s so obvious how the media manipulates the news and floods the narrative with their hate. It’s so one sided.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    This is why both right and left claim 1984 as their own because those with the power will always try to memory hole the truth. The silence is deafening. How are these scumbags gonna ingnore it when trump invites Ms. Reade to the debates?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Trump needs to just clam up for a few days. Without the distraction of his off the cuff remarks to twist and lie about, the spotlight would fall on the lunacy and criminally anti-American tactics of the media. Bring up ol joe fingering young women against their will and without a made up bleach comment they have nothing to say

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Don’t expect the Democrats to ever speak on this. It does no good to them. They’ll only do something about it if it helps them politically. When a Republicans involved any accusation must be believed, but when the shoes on the other foot the accusations conveniently disappear. Between this, his obvious failing memory and the coronavirus keeping him off the campaign trail we’ll probably not see much of him before the election. Keeping him out of the news is really their only way of giving him a lesser chance of losing.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Level

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    They literally had a 17 year old kids party calendar entered into the record in a fucking Congressional hearing. Yet hiden Biden has his records that were created over 40 years of public taxpayer funded job service hidden in a basement at the university of Delaware.
    the goddamn FBI did a forensic history of Kavanaugh, if you think that’s not intrusive it’s like havin a red hot fire poker stuck up your ass. And the best The NY Times can come up with is “let’s have the DNC investigate” their own fuckin candidate. Yeah no conflict of interest there.
    you know damn well Saturday nightLive isn’t gonna have a sketch about this though.
    Its a fuckin joke

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    They literally had a 17 year old kids party calendar entered into the record in a fucking Congressional hearing. Yet hiden Biden has his records that were created over 40 years of public taxpayer funded job service hidden in a basement at the university of Delaware.
    the goddamn FBI did a forensic history of Kavanaugh, if you think that’s not intrusive it’s like havin a red hot fire poker stuck up your ass. And the best The NY Times can come up with is “let’s have the DNC investigate” their own fuckin candidate. Yeah no conflict of interest there.
    you know damn well Saturday nightLive isn’t gonna have a sketch about this though.
    Its a fuckin joke
    Do as I say not as I do. Mother fuckers.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Level
    This is really interesting. I'll confess right here that when I first heard of Christine Blasey Ford's accusation, I thought, "So what? This was decades ago back in high school." I would not have cared one iota if it had been true because there was nothing in his adulthood, younger or present, that demonstrated he was an out of control horn dog. Of course, the timeline of what Feinstein knew and how and why it was brought to the attention of the senate committee discredited the senate democrats. Ms. Ford was a compelling witness with a story that I didn't care if true, but she had no evidence and no witnesses. Her good friends were not even willing to lie for her! To top it off, when Kavanaugh whipped out that calendar he'd saved FROM HIS HIGH SCHOOL YEARS, I knew he was innocent! The guy was too busy being a nerd, doing nerdy things and documenting them on his nerdy calendar, to have been up to no good with much of anybody!

I get that outrage over Biden's actions is payback, and I am completely fine - in fact I'm thrilled - with it. He and his ilk deserve it. It's so interesting, though, that now the left has decided they don't care what Biden did. They simply hate Trump so much they'll embrace a pervert if he can defeat Trump in November. Their boneheads are too dense for them to grasp that the same mindset got Trump elected and keeps him electable.

I don't want boneheads having input into how we are governed. That also means I don't want Californians having a say in our national agenda. But I digress.

Read it and weep. Or laugh. Or give it the side eye.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/a-new-...dSUljiKPV8efgQ

At first, in the wake of Tara Reade’s accusation that he sexually assaulted her in 1993, the reaction in media and political circles was largely silence. Reade seemed to come out of nowhere, so there was little need to acknowledge her story.

Many media outlets stuck with silence after the New York Times and Washington Post published their accounts 19 days later. In other outlets, the second reaction was that she was probably not telling the truth -- after all, no Biden Senate staffer could recall her making the charge and no one could find the complaint she says she filed.

As journalists tracked down more people who say Reade told them of the alleged attack -- there are now at least four corroborating witnesses -- the third reaction was that yes, she has more evidence than Christine Blasey Ford, and yes she should be heard, but it’s still a muddle, and besides, Biden went on television and denied it.

But now, in certain quarters, comes the fourth reaction: So what if it’s true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast