Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Offline
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East coast
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,911
    Threads
    50
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Points
    4,275
    Level
    25

  2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Offline
    Governor KerryGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,777
    Threads
    16
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Points
    11,258
    Level
    41
    I can only imagine the state some people will be in if they bring this right to Obama's lap!

  3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Offline
    Governor shrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,034
    Threads
    82
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Points
    8,901
    Level
    37
    As bad as this is this is just the tip of the iceberg.

  4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Offline
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,275
    Threads
    285
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Points
    21,506
    Level
    46
    This isn't on the Flynn topic, but it illustrates the part played by the media in shaping public opinion not so much by making stuff up but by twisting and omission.

    https://nypost.com/2019/11/20/when-t...wPy1gKVa1e9z6M


    So the United States has “the world’s highest rate of children in detention.” Is this worth reporting? Maybe, maybe not. Nevertheless, Agence France-Presse, or AFP, and Reuters did report it, attributing the information to a “United Nations study” on migrant children detained at the US-Mexico border.


    Then the two agencies retracted the story. Deleted, withdrew, demolished. If they could have used one of those Men in Black memory-zappers on us, they would have. Sheepishly, the two news organizations explained that, you see, the UN data was from 2015 — part of a border crackdown that had begun years earlier.


    We all know who the president was in 2015. It wasn’t evil, child-caging monster President Trump. It was that nice, compassionate, child-caging monster President Barack Obama.


    Zap. The story made Obama look bad. Hence the story was removed. Not updated or corrected, removed.


    I know it’s a heavy news environment. Who can keep up? But try to remember this one, because it’s instructive. People think news organizations flat-out fabricate stories. That isn’t often the case. Fake news is a problem that pops up here and there, but the much more systematic and deeply entrenched attack on truth is the casual, everyday bias of reporters.

  5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Offline
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,945
    Threads
    968
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Points
    30,895
    Level
    50
    Flynn judge to allow 'amicus' submissions, delaying any immediate resolution to case

    D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

    Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

    The move attracted some immediate criticism. The Federalist's Sean Davis, for example, cautioned that Sullivan was inviting "left-wing lawyers write his final order against Flynn for him."

    In his order, Sullivan quoted his fellow judge on the D.C. District Court, Amy Berman Jackson, who previously admonished the parties in the case of Trump associate Roger Stone that allowing amicus submissions does not mean that the criminal case will become a "free for all."

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...us-submissions

    Oh for fucks sake

  6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Offline
    Itís A Madhouse Diseman81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,493
    Threads
    92
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Points
    12,615
    Level
    43

  7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber ZombieBek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In fucking paradise
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,439
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Points
    1,954
    Level
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    As bad as this is this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Tell me more !

  8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Offline
    Crotch Grabber ZombieBek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In fucking paradise
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,439
    Threads
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Points
    1,954
    Level
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    Flynn judge to allow 'amicus' submissions, delaying any immediate resolution to case

    D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

    Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

    The move attracted some immediate criticism. The Federalist's Sean Davis, for example, cautioned that Sullivan was inviting "left-wing lawyers write his final order against Flynn for him."

    In his order, Sullivan quoted his fellow judge on the D.C. District Court, Amy Berman Jackson, who previously admonished the parties in the case of Trump associate Roger Stone that allowing amicus submissions does not mean that the criminal case will become a "free for all."

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...us-submissions

    Oh for fucks sake
    I mean for real, they cannot accept the fact they were caught. It’s such bullshit.

  9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Offline
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,275
    Threads
    285
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Points
    21,506
    Level
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Fox knows there's a difference between lying under oath (perjury) and lying to law enforcement. Lying to law enforcement is what it is claimed Flynn did and is what Obama pardoned Cartwright for.

    I'm no fan of Obama or the NYT, but that Obama quote is weird, especially since Obama's a lawyer and knows better.

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...f-justice.html



    How is perjury different from making false statements? To commit perjury, you have to be under oath, and you have to knowingly fib about something that’s relevant to the case at hand. (Your statement must also be literally false—lies of omission don’t count.) In contrast, you can break the false-statements law by lying about an issue that’s “within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government,” even if you’re not under oath. The false-statements law is worded so broadly that it can apply to almost any interaction a private citizen has with the government; in practice, it’s typically used against people who lie to federal investigators or who file false documents with government agencies.


    It gets more complicated. In Libby’s indictment, prosecutors used the term “perjury” in a colloquial sense. In fact, he is charged with breaking 18 U.S.C. ß 1623—or, the “false declarations” law—rather than 18 U.S.C. ß 1621, aka the perjury law. The two are very similar, but false declarations tend to be easier to prove. For one thing, perjury convictions must be based on evidence from at least two witnesses; false declarations can be proved without any witnesses. Prosecutors can show that Libby made “false declarations” simply by showing that his statements to the grand jury were inconsistent. (As with perjury, false declarations must be knowingly made and about an important issue.)

  10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Offline
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,275
    Threads
    285
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Points
    21,506
    Level
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBek View Post
    I mean for real, they cannot accept the fact they were caught. It’s such bullshit.
    Anything to deflect from moving forward and prosecuting those involved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Topics

  1. The Nunes Memo
    By Sassenach in forum Water Cooler
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 11th, 2018, 06:27 AM
  2. Flynn Pleads Guilty to Lying to FBI
    By Special_K in forum Water Cooler
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2017, 12:04 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: May 20th, 2017, 10:45 PM
  4. Dead Wake: the Last Crossing of the Lusitania
    By ShanesAddiction in forum Reading Nook
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 10th, 2016, 05:20 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2014, 11:29 AM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.