Thread: RIP Hana Kimura

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

RIP Hana Kimura

I'm not sure if anyone here even follows wrestling which would mean there is even less of a chance that anyone follows Japanese wrestling but Japanese women's wrestler Hana Kimura passed away a few days ago.

She was going to be one of the next big things in Japanese women's wrestling. You could just tell. There was just something special about her. So it double sucks to see someone with so much potential die if it wasn't sad enough that she was only 22 years old when she took her life. She still had her whole life ahead of her.

No one knows for sure why she killed herself but it's heavily speculated that it actually had nothing to do with wrestling itself. She was also on some Japanese reality show called Terrace House where I guess they take a handful of people and they all live together and there was an incident on the show where one of the dudes didn't take her wrestling gear out of the washer and ruined it. It was very special gear for her because this year back in January she worked Wrestle Kingdom and if you aren't familiar with that it's basically the Japanese version of WrestleMania (which itself is the Wrestling version of the Super Bowl) only it was even more special for her because not only was it big to be able to say she worked the biggest show in Japan but it was also the first time they've ever let the women have a match there in Wrestle Kingdom history. So the guy accidentally washed her gear and ruined it and she got super emotional and flipped out at him over it and it seems like the fans of that show have been going after her hard over this incident since January. Which has always been a problem in Japan. If you think fanbases here are bad it's even worse in Japan. That's why it feels like every other week you hear about some k-pop singer killing themselves. And with the current pandemic it probably only made it even worse because everyone is home and have nothing better to do and because everyone is at home she probably wasn't able to see people that could've helped her with this. The whole situation really sucks.

RIP Hana Kimura

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Level
    I have no idea who she is, but it is always sad when someone takes their own life expecially a young person. It is terrible to suffer so much that you can not realize that whatever is so bad can and does pass. I hope she is at peace now.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    The reality show that led to her death just got canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    I hope she is at peace now.
    Fun fact: Hana means flower in Japanese. So a lot of people have been tweeting flowers for her.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.