1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Level

Sonequa Martin-Green Welcomes Baby Daughter

Walking Dead star Sonequa Martin-Green announced the birth of her second child Wednesday on Instagram.

The 35-year-old Star Trek: Discovery lead shared images of herself just after giving birth to Saraiyah Chaunté with her husband Kenric Green by her side.

'We welcomed our sweet baby girl last Sunday, July 19th at 8:32 in the morning,' the actress wrote.

'It was a profoundly beautiful home birth, and now both of our children have been born in the water. We never felt that anything was missing, but now that she’s here, we feel a perfect sense of completeness.

'Her name is Saraiyah Chaunté Green, she’s got Mommy’s initials and Mommy’s middle name. She’s utterly perfect, just like her brother. Thanks be to Yeshua, she’s the final piece to our Love-given puzzle ♥️,' the new mother gushed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Saraiyah.html

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Level
    Awww. That's so sweet.

Gosh, a water birth. That reminds me of a time back in the mid 1980's when I was about to enter the freeway but noticed a car stalled on the frontage road with an extremely pregnant woman standing by it. I pulled over to help. She was in labor and on her way to her whatevershecalled it who did water births in her home. I drove her over there, praying that I wouldn't have to get involved in a car birth along the way. With no cell phones back then, she was on her own to call someone to rescue her car. I never found out how the birthing went - I don't even think we exchanged names. Gosh, that kid would be in his or her mid thirties now if alive.

Just rambling here.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Level
    Congratulations to Sonequa and her family! I wish them health and happiness!
    @Beatrice that was quite an experience-think of all the times over the years they have talked about you and have been so thankful that you stopped and helped!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Such sweet news and a delight to read in this moment, many blessings to Sonequa and her family.