1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Everything has to come to an end sometime Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Level

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the enigmatic, longtime Supreme Court justice who attained near cult-like status among progressive circles, died Friday at the age of 87 from complications surrounding metastatic pancreas cancer.

The late Supreme Court justice, who spent more than two decades on the bench in the highest court of the land, is survived by her two children, Jane Carol and James Steven Ginsburg.

Ginsburg, who was appointed to the Supreme Court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton, was known for her soft-spoken demeanor that masked an analytical mind, a deep concern for the rights of every American and a commitment to upholding the Constitution.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ruth-bade...urg-dies-at-87

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Level
    This really ramps things up for the election. They’re already saying that her dying words were that her most fervent wish is that she isn’t replaced by this president which is probably what she thought, but I’d bet is spin to fire up the base. I don’t think Trump will be able to replace her until after the election. That precedents already been established.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Level
    It’s not even October and we get a surprise, oh wait not so surprising come to think of it

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Level
    Politics aside, I'm not surprised given that she has been in and out of the hospital quite a bit over the last year. Still...she made it to 87 so she had a long, full, life.
    RIP Ruth

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    yay...6 weeks of OMG they are going to overturn Roe vs Wade!

Jokes aside...may she RIP

Strangely Fox reported her death in Jan 2019...and oddly I don't think there has been a public sighting of her since...prove me wrong!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    This really ramps things up for the election. Theyíre already saying that her dying words were that her most fervent wish is that she isnít replaced by this president which is probably what she thought, but Iíd bet is spin to fire up the base. I donít think Trump will be able to replace her until after the election. That precedents already been established.
    I was thinking like you in terms of her not being replaced before the election, but then I remembered Hillary telling Joe not to concede under any circumstances. If Trump wins, SCOTUS is going to need a tie breaker because, if all the bogus mail in ballots suddenly found in mail trucks everywhere aren't enough to put Biden over, SCOTUS will have to decide the election. Republicans hold the Senate, and it's the Senate that decides. With that said, Susan Collins is facing re-election (which may not happen since Stephen King went apeshit over her support for Kavanaugh) and might be reluctant to vote, and Lisa Murkowski has said she won't vote for a replacement prior to the election. Who knows what Mitt Romney will do?

Senator Ed Markey, D-Massachusetts, spoke of the "precedent" set over not replacing a justice before an election https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...em-us-senator/, but (a) it's not a precedent but a political decision made by a Republican senate not to entertain a replacement nominated by a lame duck, Democratic president and (b) if Biden wins, a majority SCOTUS isn't going to matter because Dems will increase and stack the court which will be easier if they win the Senate.

Senator Murkowski, R-Alaska, who has said she will not vote for a replacement until after the election https://www.businessinsider.com/lisa...lection-2020-9, and others who want to don the black and honor a mourning period represent the pre-Trump Republicans of old who allowed the left to define the terms and sully our language. Our country is facing an enemy, the Democratic party, which will destroy us unless we fight them like Trump will.

And now the leftist press is vowing more violence if Ginsburg is replaced before the election. https://www.dailywire.com/news/media...rn-it-all-down If for no other reason than refusal to succumb to extortion, Republicans have to proceed with replacing Ginsburg. As an aside, violence isn't going to end, regardless of who is appointed to SCOTUS or who wins POTUS. Although the Democratic party opened the door for Antifa and BLM to destroy our cities, that version of the Democratic party no longer holds sway with the thugs. The far leftists are now the mainstream Democratic party. As Kamala Harris said, they won't stop rioting, "and they shouldn't."

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I was thinking like you in terms of her not being replaced before the election, but then I remembered Hillary telling Joe not to concede under any circumstances. If Trump wins, SCOTUS is going to need a tie breaker because, if all the bogus mail in ballots suddenly found in mail trucks everywhere aren't enough to put Biden over, SCOTUS will have to decide the election. Republicans hold the Senate, and it's the Senate that decides. With that said, Susan Collins is facing re-election (which may not happen since Stephen King went apeshit over her support for Kavanaugh) and might be reluctant to vote, and Lisa Murkowski has said she won't vote for a replacement prior to the election. Who knows what Mitt Romney will do?

Senator Ed Markey, D-Massachusetts, spoke of the "precedent" set over not replacing a justice before an election https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...em-us-senator/, but (a) it's not a precedent but a political decision made by a Republican senate not to entertain a replacement nominated by a lame duck, Democratic president and (b) if Biden wins, a majority SCOTUS isn't going to matter because Dems will increase and stack the court which will be easier if they win the Senate.

Senator Murkowski, R-Alaska, who has said she will not vote for a replacement until after the election https://www.businessinsider.com/lisa...lection-2020-9, and others who want to don the black and honor a mourning period represent the pre-Trump Republicans of old who allowed the left to define the terms and sully our language. Our country is facing an enemy, the Democratic party, which will destroy us unless we fight them like Trump will.

And now the leftist press is vowing more violence if Ginsburg is replaced before the election. https://www.dailywire.com/news/media...rn-it-all-down If for no other reason than refusal to succumb to extortion, Republicans have to proceed with replacing Ginsburg. As an aside, violence isn't going to end, regardless of who is appointed to SCOTUS or who wins POTUS. Although the Democratic party opened the door for Antifa and BLM to destroy our cities, that version of the Democratic party no longer holds sway with the thugs. The far leftists are now the mainstream Democratic party. As Kamala Harris said, they won't stop rioting, "and they shouldn't."
    I agree with all of that. He’s the president and it’s his duty to nominate someone for the court and let the politicians vote on that person. The previous situation was different in that Obama wasn’t up for re-election and a different party controlled the senate so his nominee wouldn’t have gotten through even if a vote happened. Trump will nominate someone although I’m not sure there’ll be a vote before the election or if he’ll have the votes. If nothing else I think he should put his nominee out there for people to see and force Biden to put names out there and show the voters what kind of progressive loon he’ll nominate. IMO this all only makes a Trump landslide more inevitable and will probably give him majorities in the house and senate too.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I agree with all of that. He’s the president and it’s his duty to nominate someone for the court and let the politicians vote on that person. The previous situation was different in that Obama wasn’t up for re-election and a different party controlled the senate so his nominee wouldn’t have gotten through even if a vote happened. Trump will nominate someone although I’m not sure there’ll be a vote before the election or if he’ll have the votes. If nothing else I think he should put his nominee out there for people to see and force Biden to put names out there and show the voters what kind of progressive loon he’ll nominate. IMO this all only makes a Trump landslide more inevitable and will probably give him majorities in the house and senate too.
    I agree with this. The nomination should be made and the process begun, even if the vote isn't held until after the election. Republicans will hold the senate until, at least, January. It'll be interesting if SCOTUS gets dragged into deciding the election.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Ding dong the fucking cunt is dead.

She was a fucking pedophilia supporter. The earth just got a tiny bit better.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast